All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:38 am 
Beta Site CMO

31st October 2014, 20:00, New Orleans

"Well? What do you think?"

Claire exited the bathroom of their hotel room, and gave Caleb a twirl. She had thought long and hard over her Halloween costume, and was more nervous than she would dare to admit. On her feet were red heels, higher than anything Caleb would have seen her wear before, boosting her height by almost four inches. Her legs were encased in sheer black stockings, a seam running up the back, and a tight navy blue and white wiggle dress covered her body to just below the knee. Nautical buttons adorned the front, along with a white blouse-effect top, and a small red bow just below the bust. Her hair was glossy, and waved in a 50s style, and the outfit was topped off with a sailor hat, sultry eye makeup, and red lips.

Caleb was her own sexy sailor, and she had thought it would be a nice gesture to return the favour. Her eyes, though, were closed. "Tell me when I can look," she said, almost shaking with anticipation.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:28 pm 
Royal Navy

Caleb had waited as patiently as he could, which considering the time they were having was not that patient at all, he had paced several times back and forth in front of the bed. Had even gone so far as straightened up the covers on the bed whilst Claire had been getting changed, but it had been to no avail, he had changed himself into his own costume of sorts.

So now all he had to do was wait for Claire to reappear and when she did, well he had no words to describe exactly what he was seeing in front of him. He literally could not peel his eyes away from her and the legs that went on forever that he had no idea she was hiding underneath the scrubs she often wore.

If her father knew exactly what was going through his head at that moment in time, then there was no way he would have gotten along with the man as well as what he had done. No way would he have been allowed near Claire if anyone knew half the thoughts that were running riot in his mind.

He walked up to her, put his hands on her arms, to make her open her eyes, because there was no words he could use to say how brilliantly thought out her idea was and how sexy she actually looked in the outfit. His very own sailor girl, just waiting standing there waiting for him, the smile on his own face was as wide as it had ever been, he was truly astonished at what she had come up with.

His own costume in comparison was probably not nearly as good, he was in a pristine dark coloured suit, imitating Claire's very own James Bond. He had sort of wanted to do some kind of prince charming costume - he was having a very romantic moment and had the notion of sweeping her off her feet whilst out there, that idea had quickly been stamped out - but he had at the last minute recalled the conversation they had, had not too long ago.

When the whole New Orleans deal was still being discussed and he had promised her he could definitely have her shaken and stirred if she so very much liked. Thankfully the suit was not a thick one, and underneath the jacket was a form fitting white t-shirt rather than a white shirt.

"I think," he started still smiling brightly at her, "That you are the most beautiful woman here. Of course that just might me being biased, of course."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:48 pm 
Beta Site CMO

Claire was shaking with nerves, even as Caleb's warm hands settled on the cool flesh at the tops of her arms. She hadn't known whether or not he would like the idea of her dressing up as a sailor girl for him, and has taken a chance on her take on it being something that would appeal to him.

Daring to open her eyes, the broad smile on Caleb's lips was all she needed to know that she had made the right choice.

Claire blushed deeply, shaking her head at the compliment. No matter how often Caleb told her that she was beautiful, she could never quite believe it. "Well, unless you've sneaked another woman in here while I've been getting changed, I'd say that I win by default of being the only woman here," she giggled. "I take it this meets with your approval, then?"

She took a tiny step back, a light frown on her lips, as she studied Caleb. He looked undeniably gorgeous in a dark suit and a tight white tee, and she felt more than a stirring of lust. However, Claire couldn't figure out what his costume was. "I may be being blind here, e ipo, but... what are you dressed as??"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:03 pm 
Royal Navy

"Well part of my costume would warrant sneaking another woman in here," he answered the smile still firmly in place, he spread his arms out - finally letting go of her - so she could look him all over. "I am you're very own Bond, sweetheart. It clearly not a very fine costume, not as fine as yours of course. But I do recall promising to have you shaken and stirred by time the night was over, did I not?"

The teasing glint in his eye was not so much a glint that night, he had to resist trailing a hand across all the buttons that adorned the very, very fine fitting dress. He never in his wildest dreams thought she would dress as his own personnel sailor girl and well there was some serious appreciation going on not only on his face but in other parts as well.

"I gotta say, the stockings, think you should wear them all the time," he said, winking at her.

This was what the trip away to New Orleans was all about, having some fun, letting themselves just be a couple for a few days instead of having to be a couple off base and then kind of different people when on base. It did get tiring doing that at times.

So no, him letting go, being a little reckless that evening, that was what the weekend was all about and with the way Claire was currently dressed, well he was certainly going to be taking advantage of that later on.

He held out his arm to her, trying to look as sophisticated as he could with a grin as wide as the room on his face, "Shall we go find somewhere to par take in alcohol, dear?" he asked, the fake very high class British accent sounding totally out of sync with his own voice, before he grinned again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:35 am 
Beta Site CMO

Claire rolled her eyes and shot Caleb one of those looks as he teased her about having sneaked another woman into the room. She narrowed her eyes, watching him as he stepped away from her and proclaimed that he had dressed as James Bond. "I think you forgot the bow tie," she teased, all the same loving that he had made the effort. "Seriously, you look great." She hadn't seen Caleb in a suit before, and definitely appreciated the effect.

The stockings clearly had the desired effect on Caleb too, and Claire shrugged, her gaze challenging as she popped her hands on her hips and gave a little wiggle. "Wearing this lot, I understand how women in the fifties had such a wiggle when they walked." There was no way she could walk properly - it was more like a sashay now.

Claire could have kissed the life out of Caleb right then, but, instead, took his proffered arm, wobbling a little on the unfamiliar heels. She had spent hours in the infirmary, walking around on them, breaking them in, so that she wouldn't suffer from blisters this evening.

Only time would tell how successful she had been.

Caleb's accent reduced her to fits of giggles, and Claire shook her head. "As long as that 'somewhere' serves food as well, then we're sweet," she grinned. The last thing she wanted was to drink too much and land up on her arse. That wouldn't be a good end result for the evening. "Did you have somewhere in mind, or just see where we end up?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:41 pm 
Royal Navy

Caleb couldn't help wrinkling his nose when Claire mentioned a bow tie, he had actually found one to go with his costume, but when he'd tried it on, well it felt too formal for the evening. It was tight up against his neck and made him feel he was in dress whites more than supposedly being a character. So he had forgone the bow tie, it was tucked away at the bottom of his bag he had brought with him, forgotten for the time being.

“Nope there was no forgetting the bow tie,” he said shaking his head, still unable to stop smiling.

Honestly he had never thought in a million years he would be here doing this with anyone let alone someone who was not only his closest friend – closest female friend – but also his partner in so many ways. He was sure he would never have done this before, never would he have indulged in such activities, but now, now all he wanted to do most of the time was have fun and laugh. An that was partly down to Claire and how she just seemed to bring the very best out of him.

There were times when he could not put into words exactly what the woman meant to him, it was so much more than just having sex whenever they got five minutes – although that was fun to know they had to be quick otherwise people would figure it out – it was something more.

Caleb couldn't wait to start the evening properly, he had things planned for that night, and he hoped that it would go as smoothly as he pictured it in his head. Knowing his own luck though he would more than likely stumble into it, words leaving him as he somehow ended up accidentally insulting her. That had happened before to him, before Claire, he had tried to do the romantic gesture and it had kind of back fired, after that he had sort of stopped doing them. Well until tonight that was.

“Oh no I appreciate the wiggle very much,” he commented, helping to steady her as she took his arm.

The high heels he knew Claire looked absolute amazing in, he would love nothing more than to see her in heels all the time, but he also knew that women complained about heels all the time. As much as he admired how much taller it made Claire look – they were almost the same height now – he wouldn't want her in them all the time.

“Food and alcohol I can definitely do,” he said opening the door with flourish and leading her through it. He subtly felt his pocket making sure that there was key card in there for when they came back, if they were sober enough to even find it again. Not that he planned to get absolute off his face, not with the plans he had for that night.

Once the door was shut behind them, he smiled once more at her, “Just see where we end up, eh? Lead on my sailor girl, I'll follow your lead,” he said, winking and mock saluting her. The night was going to be full and twists and turns and it was going to be a good one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:16 pm 
Beta Site CMO

Claire chuckled at the expression on Caleb's face as she mentioned the bow tie. This was the first time she had seen him dressed up at all, and even then, it was with a casual air that perfectly suited Caleb. The man spent all day, every day in uniform, so the last thing he would want would be be all trussed up and smart on his downtime, so she appreciated his own little twist on the James Bond theme.

"Maybe I should have dressed as a Bond girl for you, then," she teased, grinning at the thought that they would be a mismatched couple that evening. For just a moment, Claire considered getting changed: she had another dress in her case, something not ridiculously glamorous, but closer to Bond girl territory than the sailor outfit, but the look in Caleb's eyes as they travelled down her body stopped that thought in her tracks.

Claire's stomach tied itself up in knots. She had made her decision about Atlantis, and didn't know how much longer she could keep that decision to herself.

Part of her had wanted to blurt it last night, while they were still at the SGC, and before they had left for their weekend away. Maybe telling Caleb then would have been the fairer course of action. However, the right moment hadn't seemed to present itself. Deep down, Claire wondered whether the right moment would ever present itself.

She loved Caleb more than she could ever put into words, and couldn't envisage her life without him, but she still wondered whether she had made the right decision. Claire also wondered what the decision would mean for Caleb, and for their relationship. No matter what, once she had put voice to her decision, everything would change between them, and she wasn't quite sure that she was ready to take the risk of everything falling apart.

Claire giggled as Caleb confirmed he liked the dress, and the shoes, and the effect they had on the way she moved. "Well, I guess I'm going to have to rely on you to help keep me upright this evening," she replied, her eyes sparkling with mischief. She had no intention of drinking too much: it was important that she tell Caleb of her decision this evening, and she needed a clear head for that.

Taking a deep breath, Claire stepped into the hotel corridor with Caleb. The Hotel Provincial was everything it had promised to be: luxurious, intimate and cosy, with friendly service, and a romantic view over the courtyard from their balcony. It was everything they could possibly want for a romantic weekend away.

"Hang on a sec," Claire said, giving Caleb's arm a squeeze as they reached the ground floor. Her heels clicked as she crossed the lobby to the reception desk, and she exchanged a few words with the receptionist before returning to Caleb's side, her arm sliding around his waist and squeezing. "So... you fancy some proper Cajun or Creole food tonight?" She'd just taken some advice from the receptionist, and, if Caleb was up for it, they could probably score a table at a local restaurant within thirty minutes or so.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:24 pm 
Royal Navy

"Oh no, being my own personnel sailor girl so much better than a Bond girl," he said, leaning in to give her a quick kiss on the cheek. He would like to have done so much more but he had promised they would see the sights and not just the sight outside of their bedroom window - which was a nice sight but still - they had wanted to do the whole proper vacation thing.

Which was something completely new to him, he knew what he had to do how to act - it wasn't hard to drop the military persona and leave that back at Cheyenne - but this would be the first time in well over a year that he had spent any away time with a woman.

That half terrified him and thrilled him all at the same time, whilst they were away there was no missions, no reports due, no unfinished projects laying across a work bench, no random call to go through the Stargate. They were quite literally on permanent downtime for the next couple of days and that, that really got under Caleb's skin slightly.

He wanted everything to be perfect, he had to plans to follow through with that night, he wanted it to go off without a hitch. Hell he wanted to do nothing but keep Claire in that dress and them heels for as long as the night was young, he wanted to make sure that there was not a sad moment that evening.

Caleb smiled at her as she said he'd have to help her keep upright, a task he was very much prepared to take on for the night, especially if it meant he got to keep his hands on her at all times without having to worry. That was something else that was odd to wrap his head round, here they did not have to keep everything on the down low - so to speak - they could be as couply as they liked to be, and Caleb worried that he would not be able to be couply at all.

He was so use to quick kisses on short breaks, lingering looks across the Mess Hall and that's if they weren't sitting together, if they were sitting together well it was a struggle to keep his hands to himself sometimes. So being out here, in the atmosphere that was New Orleans - something he had felt the moment he had stepped off the plane - it was intoxicating.

"I will do my best to keep you standing," he said, bowing his head slightly. It would be his pleasure after all to help her in any way he could that evening.

Of course in the next moment as they reached the reception area - the hotel being such a lovely hotel, it had a homely feel to it, whilst still being very much a hotel, he really liked it - Claire let go of his arm and walked across the hard floor.

He smiled as some of the other occupants turned to watch her go, he stood up a bit straight as a strange feeling of pride, pride that he was with such a stunning woman crawled up his back. He could spend as much time as he wanted showing her off, telling anyone who asked that she was most definitely with him.

Also the view as she walked away from him, well he might just spend the night reliving that view over and over again especially if he couldn't get her to recreate it for him. He felt himself flush red as she appeared in front of him again, really hoping he hadn't gotten caught staring - yet again - he shook his head and recalled what question she had asked.

"Proper Cajun I think," he answered smiling brightly down at her. Food, drink, hopefully some dancing - if they ever made it anywhere else after their drinks - and then back to the room for, well for whatever they could handle. He liked it when there was a plan of action in place, even if it was a loose footed one, one that could twist and change at any moment. It was going to be worth it.

He held out his arm once more, "Shall we?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:11 pm 
Beta Site CMO

Claire chuckled as Caleb kissed her on the cheek and dismissed the Bond girl thing. "Let me guess... you fancied the arse off all those Wrens, but couldn't do anything about it because it was against the rules," she said, her voice ringing with teasing laughter. "If it floats your boat, maybe the costume can make a reappearance every now and then." It certainly seemed to be getting Caleb more than a little excited, that was for sure.

The next few days stretched out in front of them like a promise, laden with possibility, able to do with the time as they wished, with no commitments to anything or anyone else. It was a novel situation for Claire to be in. Even when she had been back in New Zealand, holidays meant commitments to family, friends and whānau, a whirlwind of activity with her days mapped out for her.

To be able to spend a few days with the man she loved was intoxicating, no matter the outcome of telling Caleb what she had decided about Atlantis. Even if it all went to hell in a handbasket, Claire was certain that they could at least salvage their friendship.

First things, first though: Halloween.

A little dress-up, good food, a few drinks, maybe some music in Treme, before making their way back to the hotel and... well, seeing where the night took them. And, somewhere in all that, trying to find the right moment to tell Caleb, to let him know what she had decided about Atlantis. She doubted that there could be a right moment. Maybe it was just best to come out with it, blurt it out and be done with it.

Claire glanced up at Caleb for a second. Maybe not. Instead, she grinned, before shaking her head. "Don't worry, e te tau. I've got no intention of getting drunk! Although I'm not sure how long I'll last on these heels, so we might end up getting a taxi to and from wherever we end up!"

She looked back over her shoulder for a moment as she headed for the reception desk, and caught Caleb's eye. It was clear that he was watching her as she walked away from him. With a sparkle in her eyes, she blew him a kiss before wiggling her bum in his direction. If he was going to watch her like that, she might as well give him a bit of a show. The stockings and suspenders felt strange, but Caleb's reaction had been worth it. The only problem's going to be when I need to go pee... She'd think about that as and when she needed to, and not before.

Sashaying back to Caleb, Claire let her hips swing in the exaggerated motion caused by the shoes and the tight dress. She felt sexy, and a little bit powerful as Caleb's eyes never left her, the lust lurking in his gaze utterly unmistakable.

"Cajun it is, then," she agreed. "The receptionist recommended this place on Chartres - just a few blocks from here - called Original Pierre Maspero's. She reckons we'll be able to get in within half an hour or so - I'll give them a call while we're walking, unless you'd rather get a taxi?"

Shooting Caleb another flirtatious glance and a cocky salute, she took his arm again. "We shall," she replied, cocking her head towards the door. "Let's go get lost in the Halloween hordes."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:29 pm 
Royal Navy

"It was the saluting they did, all the time, night and day," he replied as though it was such a hardship to have watched such lovely women in uniform working besides him. Of course none of them actually wore such uniforms as to what Claire had dressed herself in that night, he was sure if any of them had, then there would have been less work going on and less sleep being had as well.

The temptation to run a hand across the very lovely form fitting dress was high that evening, but he'd restrain himself, keep it civilised as they were in public and the last thing he wanted was for them to get thrown into prison for indecent exposure. But that did not mean he couldn't smile at her in that certain way, the way that showed exactly what he wanted to do to her and for how long.

It really was a wonder that he had managed to pull himself out of the room at all as soon as he had laid eyes on her. Claire was for all tense of purpose that evening breathtaking and he couldn't catch his breath whilst he was around her.

He realised he was being overly romantic - even if it was in his mind - with her again, there was this whole level of romantic to him that had bubbled up from some hidden depth. It had come tumbling out when he had first realised he liked Claire and had grown stronger each day that passed, when he couldn't actually see her he spoke to her and even when he could see her he still made a point of speaking to her.

It was like he had become a whole different person that was still exactly the same as he was a year or so ago. It was confusing, he felt like a better man, was a better man - no more one night stands would do that to a bloke - and that was because of Claire.

He smiled once more at her, as she took his arm, the night was definitely going to be an interesting one that was for sure and even though he had a small plan of what was going to happen he was interested to see where it was going to head.

Caleb lead Claire out into the night air, it was chilly but not overly cold and there were people milling around in all kinds of costumes, it was quite on the street they were on. No doubt they would find crowds of people the further into the quarter they got.

"That sounds perfect," he said, taking in the chill night air, it was almost a sobering breath of air he took. He was no longer being intoxicated by Claire, for the time being, despite the fact he could still feel her hand in his.

"Feel free to drink as much as you want," he added smiling brightly, "You're a sailor tonight, sweetheart, you got to be able to hold your drink. Let's walk, maybe we'll come across something interesting along the way, join a party or two."

Actually he had no idea which way they were meant to go, Claire had been the one to speak to the receptionist he was going to follow her lead tonight. Although as he saw people milling around, he was sure that the more the crowds got the more or less the right way they were going to be heading.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next