All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hour of the Wolf
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:50 pm 
Civilian

Acceleration pressed Telford gently back against the seat as Blake punched the truck up a bit and the big diesel responded. Automatically, the engineer in him cocked an ear to listen, smiling when he heard only the smooth, healthy roar of a well-tuned engine. Sexist as it might be for him to think it, a lot of women didn’t care about what made their vehicles’ wheels go ‘round and let them get into a shameful state of disrepair. He was glad to see the medic wasn’t one of them.

“That’s the story we’ll go for she said – Of course being the modest sort you’ll eschew the parade in your honour, preferring instead to silently bask in your glorious good deeds”

“Oh of course, of course,” he replied. “You know how demure and retiring I am, wouldn’t want to be putting myself forward like that.”

Eye brow quirking, Mere offered a small shrug of her shoulders as a smile danced across her face, “Hmmm, well if you feel that strongly, then it shall have to be somewhere other than the Mess – That breakfast isn’t really what the nun rescuers and OSI savers deserve! – iHop on the otherhand, on a Sunday morning, say 11 ish, is more their thing, wouldn’t you say?”

Telford grinned. “Indeed. Your perspicacity once again leaves me in awe. iHop is a far more suitable venue. Sunday morning it shall be.”

As they reached the base turnoff, the medic slowed to a more sedate pace, not as exhilarating, but also less likely to alarm the men in the guardshack. Retrieving her ID from the glove compartment as requested, he shifted around to extract his own from the pocket at his waist without undoing his seatbelt. Stacking them up, he passed them to his impromptu chauffeur.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:26 pm 
US Army

“Sounds like a plan”
This was turning out to be the sort of morning that didn’t happen all that often. The kind of morning where best laid plans went to shit, but something unexpected but not shitty was the result. Mere liked those kind of mornings – Less than the kind where nothing went wrong but good stuff still happened, but as mornings went, this wasn’t terrible.

“Thanks” Taking the two ID’s, Mere slowed down a little more as she shuffled Telford’ to the top to have a nosy at it.

“David – Makes sense, Savior of Nuns, cripples and defeater of Goliath” Casting a sideways look at her passenger, Mere wrinkled her nose at him as she grinned, moving his ID back under own as they came up onto the guard post.

“Morning boys” Handing both ID’s over, Mere leaned back in her seat so that they could have an unobstructed view of Telford. The guard, whose name she couldn’t remember, handed back the ID’s and waved them through.

Passing them back across, Mere left her open in case Special Agent David Telford, wanted to pay her back with a little snooping of his own.

"You going to change before that coffee, or we going to head straight to the mess?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:29 am 
Civilian

When the guard came to the window, Telford leaned forward and turned his head to smile and wave. He hadn't been at the SGC as long as a lot of the people stationed there, but the gatekeepers were an intelligent and conscientious lot and recognized him. And they didn't even bat an eye at the fact he was carpooling -- or truckpooling, anyway.

"I'm useless with a sling, though," the agent said, accepting the IDs back from Mere. "But in my defense, that has to be one of the silliest weapons ever invented. I mean, you're just begging to clip the guy next to you with it, or have the rock fly out on the backswing and nail the one behind you."

As he spoke he was, of course, taking a peek at Blake's ID. "Wish I could show off, but all I've got is a murder suspect in an old Poirot novel -- but he turned out not to be the killer, so there's that?"

With a grin and a wink, he replaced the medic's ID where it belonged, then her question about changing brought an elaborate pantomime of careful sniffing. He hadn't had time to work up a proper sweat and get all whiffy, but still figured it was best to don proper clothing, so he answered, "If I may beg your bear-racing indulgence, I'll change and meet you there?"