All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:38 pm 
Australian Defence Force

Mulholland was leading a team. A temporary team, but a team nonetheless. He didn't know why he had been taken off SG-19, but he did know that now was his chance to make sure the General knew he could depend upon the Australian officer. Who knows? Maybe he'd get a team for real after this was over and he did his part well.

The Major led his people to the armoury. Some of the members -himself included- had to change their weapons. The P90 was a popgun compared to his M4, he thought. Jim quickly, but carefulyl, made sure his rifle was stored correctly.

A few minutes later, everyone was ready. "Alright everyone. We'll be sweeping the base from the bottom up and meet SG-3 somewhere in the middle. You heard the General. Whatever we're searching for might suddenly disappear. I want everyone of you prepared to shoot it if need be. Sullivan, you're on point. Doctor, you're the expert here. I want you in the middle. Questions?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:36 pm 
Civilian

Following the assembled group through the corridors, Sophie found herself rethinking the change in lighting. The slightly whiter light seemed more pronounced now, and she wondered if this small change was related to the incursion of the aliens, or if it was an uncanny coincidence. Not that she put much stock in coincidences, considering that anything and everything could be explained, given time, resources and, in a lot of cases, a fair amount of trial and error.

Her musings were interrupted by their arrival at the armoury, and Sophie reluctantly took possession of the block of metal that she was handed, trying to remember how to fit the holster into place. She’d passed her proficiency, by the skin of her teeth, but that didn’t mean that she liked having the weapon, and if she never had to use it, all the better.

Determined to ignore the unnatural heaviness of the gun on her hip, Sophie listened to the Major explain the plan of action, and took a steadying breath in through her nose, held it for 10 seconds, and then exhaled, before nodding an uncomfortable agreement to the request.

“I need to get somethings from my lab – If it’s okay with you for me, or all of us to head down there?”

Trying to run through options, Sophie focussed on what she could see being useful. There were a number of pre-built kits in the lab, and she knew that at least one of them was geared towards biological contamination. It may not work definitively, especially as they hadn’t the foggiest what they were looking for, but it contained basics that could at least identify biological or chemical traces, which would be a starting point for later analysis.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:05 pm 
US Air Force

Booth followed the Australian Officer, one of which he knew from around but not personally. He geared up along with the other team members and the hot doctor and he was prepared to shot whoever or whatever it was in the base.

Booth didn't know much about the Furlings but knew enough about them that they wouldn't act like this since they are one of the five races. Booth didn't hear anything about him so he took the six and watched everyone's back, "I'll take the 6, Major." Shawn said and raised his semi-automatic rifle ready to shoot at anything that isn't Tau'ri, or an ally.

The SGC was a maze of hallways, it wasn't incredibly huge but it was big and 28 floors. If anything did get into the SGC somehow, like the Tollans can then the alien could've already got off base. It all depends on what this thing wants, and as long as it isn't a Re'tu rebel then it shouldn't be that bad, but usually nothing ever works as planned.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:24 am 
Australian Defence Force

The armoury was, as usual, a drab and dreary place. Not that the rest of the SGC was much different come to think of it. The whole place was just a concrete and steel block poured under a mountain after all. Racks upon racks of weapons, all utterly uniform and soulless. It was entirely depressing. Jess had always known there was a reason she hated being here.

As per the General's instructions, as much as she disagreed with them, and very much to her disgust she safed out her rifle and placed it gently in an open rack, liked a mother putting a baby to bed. She loved the thing, as brutal and efficient as it was, because it thrilled her. Every time she pulled the trigger it gave her chills, the good kind. To change that out for a P90? It felt like a betrayal. All her mags went haphazardly into a cardboard box, helpfully liberated from one of the armoury staff, and were replaced in short order by the stick mags that the P90 accepted. The damn things didn't quite fit in her usual mag pouches, being too long by half, but angling them and closing the top of each one over the two or three mags in there worked well enough to stop them from rattling or even falling out, even if they did look ridiculous poking out of the side.

The weapon itself was last, a vapid, boxy blob of plastic to her eyes, but still a halfway decent weapon. A quick function check to make sure it actually worked as advertised wouldn't go amiss though. While she was going through the repeptitive steps, she listened to the Major's short and sweet briefing. It wasn't difficult to multitask that, it's not like you need a brain to function check a weapon once you've done it enough times.

And now the doctor wanted to head down to the labs to get something. Jess would have put money on her going for one of the pre-builts. It made sense and would be useful for securing trace contaminants. The trick would be finding them in the first place. This was very much the needle in a haystack type of run, unless she missed her guess wildly.

"I can run the doctor up to the labs while the rest of the team starts the sweep, if you're good with it sir. I know my way around there." Jess glanced at Dr. Edwards, noting her unease.

"Not that I think she needs my help, though." There wasn't any rush to her words, but she felt as if Edwards needed some reassurance quickly. Her gloved hand firmly squeezed the doctor's shoulder.

"Nah, the doc's got this. Even if she is a filthy pom." Using humour to defuse tension was probably the oldest trick in the book. There would be no points for originality here. The only points on the board today were the ones for getting results.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:15 pm 
Civilian

Telford tagged along with the little group as they went from the gateroom to the armory, casting an occasional glance at the lights as they went. Their odd vaguely silvery color bothered him a bit, but he figured bigger brains than his own were working on that aspect.

At the armory, he found the shoulder rig where his M9 normally lived interfered with the P90 harness, so he swapped it out temporarily for a belt holster. The harness itself was otherwise straightforward and he got it on and adjusted it without difficulty. His training with the lightweight PDW had been brief and a number of years previous, but it wasn’t a complicated firearm. And, he reflected, if need be he could toss it or spare mags to someone more experienced.

"Alright everyone. We'll be sweeping the base from the bottom up and meet SG-3 somewhere in the middle. You heard the General. Whatever we're searching for might suddenly disappear. I want everyone of you prepared to shoot it if need be. Sullivan, you're on point. Doctor, you're the expert here. I want you in the middle. Questions?"

Telford raised his hand and spoke up when he had the Aussie’s attention. “As long as we’re here, Major, I’d suggest at least one of us pick up a thermal scope. We might not be able to see these things with a Mark I eyeball, but maybe it’ll pick ‘em up. I reckon most living things put out heat.” He shrugged. “Can’t hurt.

“Also, where do you want me?”

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:04 pm 
Thor

Inside the armoury, the lights went out...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:07 pm 
Thor

((Admin note: if needs be, skip Mulholland, we need to get things moving.))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:36 am 
Australian Defence Force

"No, Flying Officer. We'll go together. I am not splitting us up just yet." Mulholland said, preparing to move. He was interrupted, however, by the civillian agent. "Right-oh. You can have it, Agent" the Major said.

Then the lights went out. Mulholland looked around for a bit and then turned on the torch on the side of his P90. "Grab NVGs, just in case the lights are out everywhere." the Major ordered as he flashed his torch around and located the Night-Vision goggles. He walked over there and grabbed one, placing it on his head over the bush hat he had on. "Alright, we need to get moving now." he finally said, taking the lead from Sullivan.

== Sorry, I've been so busy in finding a job that I basically forgot everything other than to eat and sleep.==

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:45 pm 
Civilian

Turning her head to the side, Sophie shot a small smirk in the direction of the woman who’d gripped her shoulder. It had been a while since someone called her a pom, and the light hearted banter was enough to settle some of the wrenching her gut was currently doing.

At least the reassurance was there until the lights went out, the entire room plunging pitch for a moment before emergency lighting kicked in.

"Shi....." Starting, Sophie bit down an involuntary swear as all vision was robbed, before being returned in hues of green. The backup lighting was enough to see by, but she still stood stock still waiting for her eyes to adjust to the lower lumen levels.

Blinking rapidly as a torch flared to life, Sophie followed the trail of light it provided as Mulholland gave orders, her mind trying to work out what the hell an NVG was before realising the goggles had grabbed were what he was referencing. Following his lead, Sophie edged through the armoury and selected her own pair, jamming them on her own head with a small amount of swearing as hair was caught in amongst the bands.

Allowing others to move on ahead of her, Sophie fell into the middle of the pack as they moved out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:13 am 
Thor

((If the thread has not moved by tomorrotw - Monday - evening, I will move it on using whatever means necessary...))