All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:09 pm 
US Air Force

Fia's brows raised in momentary surprise, then she laughed. One too many emails from Nigerian Princes? The monitor beside her finally finished it's checklist, and splashed the login screen. Since she had not Login, Fia left it. Pulling a notepad out of the pile, she leafed past the pages of notes she had made while talking to the Sergeant Major. The first blank page she found was quickly labelled 'do' on one site and 'get' on the other. Call IT was first on the do side.

Must have been one hell of an assignment if they sprung for a rig like that, then let you walk off with it. Fia commented over the opening and closing of drawers as she took inventory of the scant supplies already there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:25 pm 
US Air Force

One too many emails from Nigerian Princes? Sun could not help but return the laugh that had just come her way. She was beginning to like the captain. It was good to have someone around who knew how to use wit.

A Nigerian prince would have been nice, actually. She retorted with a lopsided half-smile. It was, however, a Burmese drug lord.

Her smile vanished as she recalled the events of the raid. Someone had tipped them off and the operations base had come under attack. Usually she did not trust strangers enough to share these things with them, but Serigliano seemed more than worthy of becoming one of the very rare exceptions.
About fifty of his men stormed our base camp and things got a little messy. It ended with captivity for me and some others; and a bullet hole for the laptop. So much for not seeing combat action outside of a combat zone...

Sun sighed and watched the captain open and close her desk drawers for a little while until she had pushed the unpleasant memories away far enough to go on talking. One of the boys with Combat Control eventually found my computer. When I came back on duty, he and his mates had organized me a better one, just in case someone shot at my stuff again. When I was reassigned to the SGC, my old CO made sure that I got to take it with me, as a memento of sorts. And the quartermaster here seemed more than happy that he did not have to assign me a new one.

With half-closed eyes, Sun beheld the issue laptop on the other's desk, to signal just what she thought of them. She was very glad not to have to use those.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:39 am 
US Air Force

It was an awful tale, but not one she hadn't heard before. Her job had been follow-up to scenarios just like that and many more. Having seen what a captive is put through, she hoped the Major hadn't had to wait too long before being free. The incident had obviously had an effect. Fia shuffled around in her desk a tad longer than she really needed to. She wanted to give the major time the compose herself. Some people share easily, Fia doubted that the Major was one of them. Sounds like you had a good crew behind you. Must have been something really important to bring you back stateside.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:45 pm 
US Air Force

One of the best, to be sure. Sun allowed herself a brief smile. On the mission to Myanmar, she had provided backup to a diverse crew of Army and Air Force special operators, some of them too clandestine to appear on the official payroll. They would leave none of us behind.

At the notion of being important, Sun merely shrugged. It was true that she had played a role in planning the mission's strategic concept. And the captors had gotten wind of it. So they had tried to force the information out of her. But to no avail. After ten days or so, they had lost patience. And yes, some people considered me an asset to this particular mission. Yet it took some convincing of superiors to get the go-ahead on the rescue.

But, eventually, a team had arrived, and not a second too late: They did come to break us out at last. Had they come a minute later, though, I might not be here today. When air support had begun to attack the enemy camp, she had been on her knees, with the muzzle of an AK pointed at her face. Gathering whatever strength had been left to her at the time, she had used the distraction to somehow take down the executioner. The next thing she remembered was Thomas carrying her out of the jungle under heavy gunfire.

Something about this recollection made her smirk. She had fallen in love with her future husband on that day. A Special Forces rescue mission was absolutely no place for romance, but it had just come over her, somewhere between life and death. The sad thing was that she never got to share this story with anyone below her own security clearance. To anyone else, Thomas and her had met "at work", which was just ridiculous.

Luckily, her new office mate had what was required, otherwise she would not be here. So Sun decided to simply tell her. On the bright side, this is how I met my husband. He was on the operational detachment that saved us. She said, with a gentle shake of her head. Even today, all this left her incredulous at times.
At the same time, she could not help but wonder about Captain Serigliano's own story now. For a moment, Sun studied her closely. She seemed to have some idea about special ops proceedings herself, and it interested her to find out more. What of you, though, captain? After me dumping all that emotional junk at your feet, perhaps, you would like telling me a little about yourself as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:47 am 
US Air Force

'Emotional Stuff'. That's girl talk right? I think I remember how to do that. Fia chuckled, leaning back in her chair. The chuckle was cut short as the chair leaned just a little too far before stopping. Failing slightly, she sat up quickly. A few pats under the seat revealed the lever for the seat brake was gone. She added a new chair to the list of things she would need for the office.

Rolling the chair up against the wall, she leaned back again. Not really a whole lot to say. My last post was with the 48th rescue out of Davis Monthan. A great bunch of guys I worked with, and the job was fantastic, but I was looking for something more when Major Davis found me. Here I am. I've read unbelievable things, met some interesting people, even talked to my first alien. All in less than a week. She shook her head slightly mentally adding Even got myself a date... somehow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:49 pm 
US Air Force

Involuntarily, Sun snorted at the captain's mishap with the chair. Had she remembered it was broken, she had probably warned her. And the notion of 'girl talk' was just as amusing. She had not heard this kind of thing referred to as such since her late teens. She wondered what it would do to her reputation if those who were wary of her knew she was capable of such a thing. Not that she cared...

"That would be Combat Rescue, right?" she concluded, slightly raising a brow. "It's interesting you should be looking for something more then. If this kind of position doesn't challenge you enough, you really are a special person. It's good the Major found you."

Smiling a little, Sun went about ordering the mess on her desk, straightening out the picture frame holding the photo of Liam and Thomas. "In fact, I have always wanted something else for myself. I'm a trained fighter pilot and wanted to go back to that after my son was born. But instead, the SGC got in touch, offering me the same position I had just left. So here I am. And, after a few years in this place, I'm even glad of it. For the same reasons you just mentioned."

The image of the captain talking to her first alien was a bit droll. But Sun remembered her first encounter just as well. She had run into some Jaffa or other at the gym and had been awed by their fighting prowess, as not to say it had almost knocked her socks off. "And which of the aliens did you talk to?" she inquired, not quite sure why she was so curious. It appeared to her that the vibrations between her and her new office mate were better than she had first expected.