All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:02 pm 
Atlantis Expedition Leader

"Sounds efficient"

It did, and the idea that all potential interpersonal issues were headed off before they even reared their heads was lovely, if impractical and wholly unlikely. The stress of what she was going to be asking these people to go through, leaving their friends, and family behind, for a potentially one way trip, could manifest itself in a hundred different ways that no amount of insight could deduce fully until the event.

Even with the heaviness that the task lent to the weight already on her shoulders, Elizabeth refused to bow down and give it. She was a problem solver, and a people person, and well Taft’s insight would probably help red flag the ones that would be most likely to snap, and give her a fore warning.

Mentally running through her to do list, Elizabeth worked her way through the meetings that she had lined up, tallying up the times they were scheduled to finish, and the more realistic time of when they actually would.

“I know I’m going to be tied up until 6 ish – If you are happy to get to work on this this evening then that sound great – I will be here” Juggling her papers about, she shuffled free a copy of her itinerary marking the location of each of her meetings. Pointing at the last meeting room of the day, Elizabeth tried to ensure that her scrawled directions were immediately visible to the Sgt Mjr, who probably knew this complex like the back of his hand.

“If it’s not a hassle you could meet me there, and we could go from there. I’m sure you know somewhere that we’ll be able to work – Preferably somewhere with food, if you don’t mind a working lunch, that is?”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:25 am 
US Marines

"I try to be."

He looked over the paper she tried to show him, took like a half second to connect her directions to conference room 3-C, and nodded. "I'll meet you there, ma'am. The sooner you get it out of the way the sooner you can get to the things that really need doing." Not that what she had on her plate didn't need doing, but the next thing was always pressing while one was stuck on the current item. Just about the only relief a leader got was in that moment of transition where they could say 'finally, on to the next'.

"We can take up a corner of the cafeteria. It isn't too delicate a job, and I tend to know the problem children in the family by heart." On base, the cafeteria was always open, because there was no lunch hour, it would be perfect and not as crowded as 6ish would usually indicate in other more normally scheduled locations. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:59 pm 
Atlantis Expedition Leader

Glancing sideward at him as he scanned her chicken scrawl directions, Elizabeth tried not be embarrassed that she was still relying on crudely drawn maps to navigate the underground labyrinth that encompassed the SGC.

“Thank you – This is really going to help” Gratitude was practically dripping from every syllable, and it was all that she could do to not seem as though she had shot up an inch or more. Even just this one task, as seemingly small as it was, had been another weight on her shoulders. Not that she couldn’t handle the weight, hell, Elizabeth’s father once compared her to a mule, stating she was as stubborn and resilient as one, and the association had never been an insult to her.

“That sounds perfect” Relieved that she was at least guaranteed something more nutritionally sound than take out, albeit the non-descript military grade kind of wholesome, Elizabeth hurriedly added a little note to the bottom of her itinerary, marking the plans down.

“I think that is all I need at the moment” Turning to enter the room coming up a few inches on their left, Elizabeth paused, one hand on the door handle.

“Actually, if it’s not too much trouble, could you ask the boys to take a look at the Buick – Just to check it won’t die on my coming up the mountain again?”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:28 am 
US Marines

"My pleasure," He responded to her thanks. He made a mental note, as he always did, and paused to mirror her pausing by the door she'd chosen to enter. He very carefully avoided noting that it wasn't the one she had listed on her papers as her desired end destination, which was another two doors down. Best not to embarrass the lady. He nodded when she announced that was all she needed but waited while she looked back at him.

He smiled, though it was enigmatic rather than amused at her predicted change of heart on the matter of her car. "I'll put them right to it, ma'am, and see you this evening." He turned, heading down the hallway at his usual determined pace and making a direct line for the nearest hard line where he could call the motor pool to pass along the orders about the Buick. And also so that he wouldn't be able to see her realize that she'd not quite made it to her destination.