All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:15 pm 
US Air Force

Jake chuckled. Without getting up from his desk, he called back to Claire, "Married? Anyone willing to attach themselves to me would have to have the patience of a saint or love to sit at home alone. I'm not exactly the gold standard for relationships. Besides, I didn't make the coffee. Blame the cooks in the mess. If I make coffee, its a lot stronger and darker than this crap." He smiled as he finished the report in front of him. He took a deep swig of coffee, and nearly spit it back out. It truly was horrible, but at least it was caffeinated.

Hearing Caiden's reply to Claire's comment about work, Jake chuckled again. "I agree with Caiden on this one Claire. Would you like to be the pot or the kettle this time?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:10 pm 
Beta Site CMO

Claire twitched teasing eyebrows up at Jake. "Oh, I don't know," she grinned. "There's more than a few women in here who'd put up with your odd hours and late nights, I bet." She could think of a certain red-headed biochemist, for one. "You've got me intrigued, though. I think you need to demonstrate those coffee making skills sometime. I'll bring the pot, you bring the beans. Deal?" Fresh coffee in the infirmary would be a real treat, that was for sure.

Feeling the light reproach rolling off her peers towards her, Claire gave a guilty smile and a shrug. "I think it's my turn to be the pot, don't you? I don't know, I swear I used to have more of a life before I came here." She used to have a fiance, too, but the less said about that, the better. Besides, maybe she was about ready to start looking again. Hell, maybe she already had.

Signing off on another chart, Claire stretched, before stifling a stray yawn. "So... plans for today, boys? And Jake, don't you dare tell me you're considering staying here and pulling another shift." Another grin. "Maybe you should head for the mess, and see who you can take for breakfast?" She winked at Caiden. He was relatively new, but she was sure that this wouldn't be the first time he had taken part in such banter.