So we hear all this military terminology being tossed around, but do you know what it means? Here's a handy guide.
- Klick (or click): a kilometre (as in "the camp is 30 klicks from the 'gate")
- Take point: take position at the front when working as a team
- Watch our six: keep an eye on the rear of the party
- SNAFU: situation normal, all fucked up
- FUBAR: fucked up beyond all recognition
- FUBAR BUNDY: fucked up beyond all recognition, but unfortunately not dead yet
- Ass: armoured vehicles (as in "we'll be driving behind a lot of ass today")
- At ease: relax, as you were
- BDUs: battle dress uniform - the plain green or blue shirt and pants often seen worn on the base in SG-1.
More to come.