All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:49 pm 
Royal Navy

“Yeah you're right, something good did happen, I got to see New Zealand for the first time,” he teased right back, laughing at her. “I mean you should have come, it was lovely.”

If he was being honest with himself, he would never change that moment in the gym with her, ever, after all there time of being best friends, of being each others go to when they weren't feeling particularly happy, he wouldn't have changed that moment. That one split second where he wondered if she would follow through with his suggestion, a suggestion he couldn't even remember making. He had just followed what felt natural to him and well here he was, standing in the middle of Italy the sun warming him, with a fantastic woman tucked into his side.

Laughing he pulled her so she was in front of him, him at her back, still walking to their destination as he planted a kiss on her neck and whispered, “How about I call you Nurse, E hoa wahine, and you can do what you want to me.”

Before letting her go, he knew he was being a damn tease, but he'd slept well for the first time in several weeks, it was sun shining, they weren't working, he had made plans that were beginning to come to fruition and to top it off he was with Claire. He didn't really think he could ask for much more in that moment, it was just going to be a good day.

Once they neared the horses he saw how her face seemed to just light up, seemed to become more carefree than he'd seen in the last few weeks. Almost as though she was kind of at peace in a sense, and he was quite proud that he managed to put that look on her face. It wasn't often he got to spoil Claire, it wasn't often he thought up something that actually managed to work in his favour at all.

He exchanged a few words with the guide, everything was prepared for them, everything was ready and waiting at the top and it would take them a few hours to get there. Longer if they stopped to look at the scenery every now and then, and if the trail was quite enough, he was pretty sure he could find a few make out spots for them. As though he was some sordid teenager once more, looking for the best place to get in her knickers.

Caleb made his own way over to his own horse, the deep brown colour shining in the morning sunshine, he reached out his own hand stroked down the beasts neck. He was actually surprised at how smooth the hair was, he had expected coarser hair for a horse, he found himself smiling at the animal. He liked animals, got along with them, unless it was a cat – cats did not like him for some reason – he respected them.

Laughing quietly, he stopped fussing the horse, made the checks he needed before replying to Claire, “Yeah that is so how it goes,” he smiled at her, “Just remember that am suppose to horse ride, not walk the animal.”

If he ended up on the smaller animal his legs were gonna be near enough touching the floor, or his knees would be up around his neck when he got them in the stirrups. No he was definitely going to be leaving the smaller horse to Claire, it suited her more.

Caleb pulled himself up onto his own horse, it was a very good job he was still fairly flexible, although he doubted he would be by the end of this horse ride. He had made a point of actually reading up on what he was meant to do, and he had emailed the people that ran this attraction about his concerns and they had helped him. So although he had never actually ridden a horse, in his entire life, he was at least prepared, for now anyway.

Putting his feet into the stirrups, letting the guide check over his horse first before moving onto Claire's, he smiled at her sweetly, “I'd hate for you to get lost being behind me, so if you want to go first?”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:24 pm 
Beta Site CMO

"So all I'm good for is finding new holiday spots, eh," Claire laughed, giving her eyes an exaggerated roll. "Good to know." Caleb seemed to have fitted in perfectly with her family, once he had gotten over his initial nerves at meeting them. After all, her family was large - especially the extended Māori side - and could be quite intimidating. She couldn't be happier that he had gotten on so well with her dad, though.

A shiver raced down Claire's spine as Caleb tugged her in front of him, dropping a lingering kiss on her neck, before whispering a tease in her ear that had her tingling with anticipation. "Sounds like a plan," she replied, her voice husky with desire. One of these days, she'd give Caleb exactly what he wanted, and shock the shit out of him.

Claire paid no attention as Caleb talked to the guide, choosing instead to check her horse's tack. It had been years since she had ridden, but it was still second nature to her to check the tack, then the horse's hooves. The shoes looked in good nick, there was nothing there that looked as though it would cause the horse discomfort, and she was satisfied.

She laughed as Caleb replied to her joke about the size of the horses. "Oh, I don't know," she teased. "Would be great for comedy value!" Truth was, it had been long enough since she had ridden that she might have struggled with the larger animal, even though both looked sleepy enough. Appearances could be deceptive.

Grabbing the helmet that was hanging over the pommel of the saddle, Claire slipped it on, adjusting the unflattering chinstrap until it sat snugly on her head. A minute frown flickered across her face as she saw Caleb struggle - just a little - as he hauled himself into the saddle. Testing the stirrup, she pulled herself up into her saddle, settling and adjusting the stirrup length until her feet were comfortably supported, but her legs weren't too bent.

"Me? Go first? I thought you were the one with the plan?" Claire walked her horse close enough to lean up out of the saddle and plant a kiss on Caleb's cheek. "Tell the truth, you just want to look at my arse the whole way, don't you?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:34 pm 
Royal Navy

“Of course, I mean what else is there but beautiful vistas to look at,” he teased, winking at her. He would probably regret saying that later, she always made ways to make him regret teasing her as he was doing, in the nicest possible way of course. He wouldn't change a damn thing about there teasing because at the end of the day it was what kept them as friends longer than anything else.

Once he had gotten onto his horse, hopefully Claire hadn't seen him struggle with it too much, it was much harder to pull himself up onto the back of the several hand high animal than he had anticipated. He couldn't tell her he had never ridden a horse before, not after he had so proudly proclaimed that was a man of many talents not an hour earlier, he'd hate to think she had a misconception about him.

He settled himself into the saddle as comfortably as he could, he had a feeling he was going to be hurting something fiercely once they had finished this but he didn't care. He had a doctor on his side who he knew would make everything better.

Once he had gotten as comfortable as he was going to get, his hands found the reigns and he gently wrapped them around his hands, not wanting to pull the horses head up or hurt the animal, he just didn't fancy falling off straight away. He smiled at Claire as she came along side him, planting a kiss on his cheek as she did so, he couldn't help laughing at what she had said though.

“Well it certainly isn't going to be the horses arse am watching now, sweetheart,” he joked back. Of course that wasn't just the only reason he wanted her to go in front, but it was definitely a bonus one of them.

“Besides would I watching your absolutely amazing backside as you ride towards the sunshine? I mean honestly Dr Te Atua what kind of man do you take me for?” he said mock hurt.

He couldn't remember the last time he had joked, and teased her so openly, it was probably well before they had gone to Atlantis, he knew he hadn't teased her as merciless as he currently was even when they were in New Zealand for a short while. He regretted in that moment not opening up about his sleepless nights now, because if he had, then they would have been back on this even keel even sooner. He hated that he had wasted time being a stubborn basterd and had not spoken to her, well he was going to make damn sure he talked to her from now on.

The smile falling a little, he said, “Come on, the foods not gonna wait for us all day,” before giving the the horse a small nudge in the side to get it going, actually taking the lead a little.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6