All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:57 pm 
OOC

James is a southern gentleman raised in the heart of the Southeastern US. He learned to hunt and fish at a young age and still enjoys being outdoors, camping, and shooting. He has always been interested in Archaeology and History, and majored in both in undergrad. He has had extensive experience on digs in numerous countries. Despite being an academic, James has been viewed as a bit rougher than the average doctorate-holder because of his enjoyment of remote and isolated dig sites. He enjoys (a bit too much) a good drink, typically whiskey, bourbon, or scotch straight, with a single ice cube. Typically he drinks alone, but is open to having a drink with another as long as they don't expect him to talk much and won't judge how often he likes to drink. He is quiet and introverted, and really only speaks up when in a small group or in a discussion of something he feels strongly about (like human rights, genocide, helping others, etc.).

In his profile, he is brought to the SGC due to finding (and accidentally wearing) an artifact from a dig in Peru. The gauntlet affected him similarly to the Atanik armbands used by SG-1. If we want to start at that point, I would assume he might be held in isolation in the infirmary until his immune system could create antibodies to the armbands virus?

Friends: James is typically a loner, with only a small group of friends. Typically the people he associates with are colleagues, often because he is at a remote dig site with them and has to associate with them. He doesn't dislike people, but doesn't need to have a lot of social interaction either. He prefers people who are also quiet and reserved.

Enemies: James doesn't really dislike many people. He even doesn't dislike his ex-wife. It takes a lot to get him angry, and it takes even more to get him to hate someone.

Lovers: James was married once, but was petitioned for divorce because of his constant travels and excavations and his lack of communication skills. He enjoys the company of women, but typically lets them take the lead. The majority of his relationships stemmed from a woman being interested in, and pursuing, him. Because of this, he typically likes and gets along with strong independent women who don't need him around all the time and don't need him to constantly talk about his feelings. Most of his relationships would be better defined as trysts while on an excavation. Archaeologists tend to be a bit incestuous within their discipline while on digs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:05 pm 
US Army

Hi and welcome

So Mere's fairly friendly, and pretty sociable herself. She likes, heck, loves a drink. Perhaps they could recognise each other down the local. She's more a social drinker though, often surrounded by the lads from the base, however she wouldnt exclude a familiar face from joining the table.

Other than that - They could get thrown on a team together. How is he with military folk?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:08 pm 
Civilian

Hello

Where to start.

A fellow civillian, Sophie is relatively new to the base herself. She can be a little focussed and oblivious to everyone else at times.
She is sociable - Not so much a drinker, as a people watcher.
She loves the outdoors and is a keen rock climber - She sometimes even hikes.
Perhaps a shared interest in the local area could spark a conversation?
She isnt likely to pursue anything romantic - Friendly collegues is more her style

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:17 pm 
US Marines

Well, I'm thinking we can butt heads. Because just about the first time Taft hears that flask (because they make very distinctive sounds when used) while off world he's going to confiscate and empty the offending vessel until they return to earth where that sort of thing isn't a potential hazard to everybody's health. Not that he judges the desire/need to have a stiff drink from time to time but on the job won't fly. If I'm not on target here, let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:36 pm 
Civilian

James likes military personnel. During his time in Yugoslavia with ICTY and in Peru with CJA he would have been working with UN and/or national troops. He would have stories to share as well, because ICTY groups were known to have been shot at and harassed while they were working. He would be willing to join a table for a drink, but probably wouldn't be the one to approach. He typically inhabits dive bars where he can find a quiet table in a corner or sit at the edge of the bar. If that's the kind of place Mere heads after work, they could easily spot each other there.

James would definitely keep up hiking and camping, and I could easily see him and Sophie potentially bonding over being new to the base and liking the outdoors.

For the first few missions out, I don't see James bringing a flask unless its a multi-day mission. And then, he would only have a swig or two late at night to help him get to sleep. I could see the two butting heads if Taft ever caught him though. I could also see James having a lot of respect for Taft, with Taft holding a Criminal Justice degree.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:41 pm 
Atlantis Expedition Deputy CMO

So I have Claire (sort of), one of the surgeons in the infirmary, who's been at the SGC for a year. Chances are she would have examined him a time or two when he came in, and might even be involved in his care while he's in isolation (I like that idea, by the way). She certainly wouldn't be overly impressed with his drinking patterns, but would be more likely to offer to try to help him than to kick his ass for it. Well, at least until (unless) he threw that offer back in her face.

How does he feel about the medical profession in general?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:44 pm 
US Army

Joey would probably enjoy his company well enough, and she wouldn't mind getting a drink or two with him off-base sometime. His armband, though, would have her incredibly intrigued as a member of the SGC's R&D Team, and she'd probably be jumping the gun for any chance to analyze or experiment with it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:50 pm 
Civilian

James has no qualms against medical professionals. As long as they don't tell him to quit drinking. He has been trying to slow down, but his stubbornness pops out when he is confronted about it. He has only admitted to himself that he drinks too much, but not to anyone else.

Seems like he and Joey could get along well. Perhaps she could come to analyze the armband while he was sitting in the Med Bay in isolation?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:00 pm 
US Army

James Price wrote:
Seems like he and Joey could get along well. Perhaps she could come to analyze the armband while he was sitting in the Med Bay in isolation?

Get him while he's vulnerable, I like it. :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:05 pm 
US Army

Quote:
He typically inhabits dive bars where he can find a quiet table in a corner or sit at the edge of the bar. If that's the kind of place Mere heads after work, they could easily spot each other there.

Heh, Mere will go where the action takes her. If its a dive bar that serves a decent cold one, then so be it :)

As for Sophie [Being Super lazy here and now switchin accounts] That sounds like a solid possibility

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next