All times are UTC [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The true biological atom
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:23 am 
Offline
Civilian
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:33 pm
Posts: 21
Hello guys. This is Dr. Geraldine Chandler and she's a behavioral biologist and a recent addition to the SGC. She joined the program at Area 51 about nine months ago and in the past couple months she has been vising the Cheyenne Mountain more. She's still very new and everything is exciting and she probably hasn't met a lot of people at the base.

Gerry is friendly and kind but can come off as distant at first glance. She's just very work oriented and feels more comfortable inside the lab or just working. She likes people and meeting people but it can take her a little time to relax around new faces.

Friends: Yes. Pretty please. Gerry needs friends. I assume she knows a few people at Area 51 and she's closer to a couple but most of the SGC people are still new to her or she has a working relationship with them right now. She can be a good friend. She's just a geeky one who can't hold her liquor.

Enemies: That's tricky because, yes, technically the Goa'uld and eventually the Wraith are considered enemies she's fascinated by them. She can be a little weird in that regard I know. Aside from bad guys, she probably doesn't have enemies. She might have a few rivals in her field - she's not very popular among her peers - but Gerry is too busy with science to think about that. I'm open to ideas here though.

Lovers: lol she doesn't know what's that. Okay. She's no prude and she has dated in the past but the truth is Gerry considers herself a tad boring and she lacks a few skills in the romantic side of her life. She can talk about people's genetic disposition to mate with the best in the species as well as biological responses when one is attracted to somebody which kinda ruins the romantic aspect of things but she has romantic views as far as love in concern. She's just not that good at it.

Anyway, I'm open to ideas and please feel free to PM me to discuss them if you prefer. Thanks for having me.

_________________
Dr. Geraldine Chandler
Behavioral Biologist
“Are we biology or God or something higher?
I know my heart beats and I listen to it. The beat is biology, but what is the song?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:04 am 
Offline
US Air Force
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:05 am
Posts: 34
I have a feeling Caiden and Geraldine will get along great. Caiden got a BS in Biochem and is an MD trained as a Trauma Surgeon... and eventually everyone meets one of the Medical Doctors at the SGC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:54 am 
Offline
Loki
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:30 pm
Posts: 60
Location: North Carolina
Taft is -the- Sgt Major on base, running things at the ground level in almost all areas while the officers wonder at their good fortune. Everybody encounters him eventually, usually in passing or when the higher ups decide that some soft target (like your girl) actually has to walk through the gate. Then they send Taft and his marines to make a protective shell around those soft targets. So that's an option too. He has something of a frightful reputation, with his subordinates living in abject terror of his displeasure while enjoying the benefits of his driven dedication to efficiency. He also knows a great deal about the war and death behaviors of your girl's favorite subjects.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:50 am 
Offline
Royal Navy
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:48 pm
Posts: 520
So i have Caleb and Elvria/Parnell to throw your way (also you'll find me as joulez if I ever manage to get five minutes to come back to the Cbox. :) ).

Caleb is well he is well known around the base, bit of a notorious flirt really. He is a good guy though, is easy to get along with, has a reputation of having slept with half the women on base. He is easy to get along with, doesn't really not get along with anyone (unless you plan to start shooting him, he wouldn't class you as an enemy). Not sure how they would have met, but i'd assume there paths would have crossed at some point, Caleb is also going to Atlantis so if Geraldine is then they would definitley cross paths.

Elvria/Parnell is a Tok'ra, two totally different personality types in one body. Elvria is quite open to trusting and meeting new people, but Parnell is not he is more distrusting of people and can often come across as rather harsh when he doesn't actually mean to. They are both always around the base, so again am sure they might have met at some point or another?

Am quite open to most play throughs with characters, so let me know. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:58 pm 
Offline
Civilian
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:33 pm
Posts: 21
Quote:
I have a feeling Caiden and Geraldine will get along great. Caiden got a BS in Biochem and is an MD trained as a Trauma Surgeon... and eventually everyone meets one of the Medical Doctors at the SGC.

If she doesn't scare him off with her small freaking out over mosquitoes bites lol. Gerry can use some friends.

Quote:
Taft is -the- Sgt Major on base, running things at the ground level in almost all areas while the officers wonder at their good fortune. Everybody encounters him eventually, usually in passing or when the higher ups decide that some soft target (like your girl) actually has to walk through the gate. Then they send Taft and his marines to make a protective shell around those soft targets. So that's an option too. He has something of a frightful reputation, with his subordinates living in abject terror of his displeasure while enjoying the benefits of his driven dedication to efficiency. He also knows a great deal about the war and death behaviors of your girl's favorite subjects.

You know, I have a feeling Gerry might like Taft. Sure, he might be intimidating at first, but he has a lot of qualities she admires like commitment to work and efficiency so I think she would get past that initial impression rather quickly and just focus on other things about him. And yes, the fact that he can provide her with information about aliens races is also good. She might bother him for information. I feel bad for him now lol.

I mentioned she was off-world a couple time so they could have already met. Up to you of course.

Quote:
So i have Caleb and Elvria/Parnell to throw your way (also you'll find me as joulez if I ever manage to get five minutes to come back to the Cbox. :) ).
Caleb is well he is well known around the base, bit of a notorious flirt really. He is a good guy though, is easy to get along with, has a reputation of having slept with half the women on base. He is easy to get along with, doesn't really not get along with anyone (unless you plan to start shooting him, he wouldn't class you as an enemy). Not sure how they would have met, but i'd assume there paths would have crossed at some point, Caleb is also going to Atlantis so if Geraldine is then they would definitley cross paths.

Elvria/Parnell is a Tok'ra, two totally different personality types in one body. Elvria is quite open to trusting and meeting new people, but Parnell is not he is more distrusting of people and can often come across as rather harsh when he doesn't actually mean to. They are both always around the base, so again am sure they might have met at some point or another?

Am quite open to most play throughs with characters, so let me know. :)



Caleb sounds easy to get along. I think Gerry might like him. I'm not sure about the flirting, I think she would probably have a very analytical reaction to it and kind of bombard him with questions about his flirting habits. Is this behavior learned? Is he copying this behavior from a male example in his life growing up? It has always been part of his personality? Does it make hard for the women in his life to take his intentions seriously? lol that might be her taking the flirting lightly too. Anyway, I think they can be good friends. Yes, I'm hoping she's selected to Atlantis. It'll be nice to have people she knows on this expedition.

Elvria/Parnell is probably the object of her scientific fascination which might to be a good start for a friendship. Gerry doesn't mean any harm though but she would have so many questions for them. She wouldn't mind Parnell's harshness at all. I think they would have possibly met before. Gerry's been around more often for the past couple months but she wasn't around every day. It was a sporadic thing but I think they could have come across each other or they can meet for the first time. I'm open to anything.

_________________
Dr. Geraldine Chandler
Behavioral Biologist
“Are we biology or God or something higher?
I know my heart beats and I listen to it. The beat is biology, but what is the song?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:10 pm 
Offline
Loki
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:30 pm
Posts: 60
Location: North Carolina
I really want to see her over analyze Caleb's flirting, that sounds hilarious.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:33 pm 
Offline
Thor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:43 pm
Posts: 363
I have 3 for you.

Carson Beckett... well, he's Carson, and she will definitely encounter him in Atlantis, possibly before. I try to play him true to type.

Claire Te Atua is a surgeon, and second in command in the infirmary, so you can bet they've met before. Claire is a straight talker, and speaks her mind with pretty much everybody. She's from New Zealand, and very much has a typical Kiwi outlook and sense of humour. She may or may not be going to Atlantis.

Ruth Tolliver is my linguist, and a real sweetheart. She likes to see the best in everyone, and can be little miss perky, which would no doubt annoy some people! She's most often found in the labs, but likes to socialise and make friends with everyone.

Any of those take your fancy?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:50 pm 
Offline
Civilian
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:33 pm
Posts: 21
Warlord wrote:
I really want to see her over analyze Caleb's flirting, that sounds hilarious.

lol maybe it'll happen.

Quote:
Carson Beckett... well, he's Carson, and she will definitely encounter him in Atlantis, possibly before. I try to play him true to type.

Claire Te Atua is a surgeon, and second in command in the infirmary, so you can bet they've met before. Claire is a straight talker, and speaks her mind with pretty much everybody. She's from New Zealand, and very much has a typical Kiwi outlook and sense of humour. She may or may not be going to Atlantis.

Ruth Tolliver is my linguist, and a real sweetheart. She likes to see the best in everyone, and can be little miss perky, which would no doubt annoy some people! She's most often found in the labs, but likes to socialise and make friends with everyone.

Any of those take your fancy?

I <3 Beckett so they got to meet sometime. It can be only in Atlantis or maybe when the members of the expedition are finally chosen or something? Whatever works the best for you. There's no rush, but they could be good friends eventually.

I think Gerry would like Claire. She's okay with straight talkers. In fact, I think Gerry would appreciate that about her. I can see Gerry sometimes coming to Claire to ask something knowing that Claire will give her a straightforward answer, no BS.

Ruth sounds lovely and I'd love for Gerry and Ruth to be friends. Maybe they have already met and are friendly or became quick friends? It's not impossible with Gerry even if it seems like everything is work for Gerry. She likes people haha.

_________________
Dr. Geraldine Chandler
Behavioral Biologist
“Are we biology or God or something higher?
I know my heart beats and I listen to it. The beat is biology, but what is the song?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:19 pm 
Offline
Loki
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:30 pm
Posts: 60
Location: North Carolina
But yeah, now that I'm at a computer. We can have them having seen each other, likely when she took a trip to the Alpha Site for something or other (maybe even orientation). But I think if we thread the best way is to have her come looking for details about Jaf'a (sp), Gou'ald, etc behavior in situations where a behavioral psychologist would just end up dead for watching. If Taft perceives it as work then you could probably question him all day without running his patience thin.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:29 pm 
Offline
Thor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:43 pm
Posts: 363
Geraldine Chandler wrote:
I <3 Beckett so they got to meet sometime. It can be only in Atlantis or maybe when the members of the expedition are finally chosen or something? Whatever works the best for you. There's no rush, but they could be good friends eventually.

I'm easy with how/when we have their first interaction. If you have something particular in mind, just let me know.

Quote:
I think Gerry would like Claire. She's okay with straight talkers. In fact, I think Gerry would appreciate that about her. I can see Gerry sometimes coming to Claire to ask something knowing that Claire will give her a straightforward answer, no BS.

As well as being a surgeon, Claire pitches in with pre and post mission checkups, so is well known in the infirmary. She's been there just over a year, so chances are they would have run across one another already. What kind of thing does Gerry get up to in her spare time?

Quote:
Ruth sounds lovely and I'd love for Gerry and Ruth to be friends. Maybe they have already met and are friendly or became quick friends? It's not impossible with Gerry even if it seems like everything is work for Gerry. She likes people haha.

I'm happy for them to have already met. Ruth's been there about 18 months or so, and has a habit of dragging new arrivals out to O'Malley's - perhaps that's how they met?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron

 Affiliate with us

Fate of the Galaxy Crusader Citadel ATLANTIS UNVEILED Time & Again

RPG Ratings RPG-D

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | DVGFX2 by: Prosk8er ©
Open Cbox