All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Robert McCauley
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:19 pm 
US Marines

Stuff to be added!

Friends
None yet. Robbie is a pretty social guy, so he'll chat with just about anyone willing to chat with him in the hallways and in town or wherever.

Enemies
Apart from the enemies of the United States? None yet, and hopefully never one :P

Lover(s)
None yet. Though anyone that would be interested would have to know that he has a 5 year old girl from a previous relationship, and that there is little that he would not do for her. He isn't actively looking, though. If it happens it happens.

Post subject: Re: Robert McCauley
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:37 pm 
Royal Air Force

Hi there!

I actually think there might be some good potential for Robbie to get along well from Nathan. Aside from how he always tries to be on good terms with anyone under his command, Nathan has a daughter himself whose life he isn't able to be a part of, so he would totally be egging Rob on to be the best dad he possibly could for his own kid.

Also, as someone who IRL is named Robert, let me be the first to say that this is gonna get real confusing for me, real fast. XD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:07 pm 
US Marines

Couldnae agree more :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:44 pm 
US Marines

Well, since Army Rangers dream of growing up to one day be Marine Recon...

I think Taft and he would get on just fine as long as they don't get into the pissing contests that tend to run between the hardest of the hard of the various American military branches. Might even enjoy telling stories about all the non-military people they have to protect from themselves. Shop talk keeps the killers sane.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:51 pm 
Beta Site CMO

I have a pair of civilians to toss at you: Claire Te Atua, an emergency surgeon, and Ruth Tolliver, a linguist.

Claire's usually to be found in the infirmary, and rarely goes offworld. She's one of the more senior civilians in the infirmary, and, even though she's a surgeon, is active in day to day medical life too, so she's likely to have treated or checked over most people on the base at some point or other. She's friendly and laid back, but has no time for arrogance, and has no issues in taking someone to task if they are being an arse, military OR civilian. She has a good sense of humour, though, so they could well get on.

Ruth, though... well, Ruth likes to see the best in everyone. She can come across as a bit naive, a bit dippy, but she's fiercely intelligent, and speaks more languages than I can remember without going to check. She'll at least give everyone a fair go when she meets them, and it will take a lot for her to realise when someone's just being an asshole. I know you mentioned some possible bonding over languages?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:23 pm 
US Marines

Taft:
As long as you Recon Marines keep believing that :P
Anyway, they could do some shop talk around the water cooler xD

Ruth:
Languages FTW! Rob is fluent in Spanish and semi-fluent in Russian, so yeah.. He needs to keep practicing his Russian, so she could help him with that?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:04 am 
Australian Defence Force

Howdy!

Cutting straight to the quick, Robert tends to tick all the boxes for a potential friendly rival for Alex. Putting aside the obvious special forces dick measuring / Australia vs USA jazzery to be had, the fact they're both similar ages yet walked very different paths (enlisted vs officer) might be an interesting angle to play through. Whole 'road not travelled' aspect. And then there's also the fact that both of them are relatively new to the SGC, so plenty of potential fodder if you're interested.

There's also a slim possibility, considering both of their backgrounds, that they may have crossed paths some point in the past, what with SASR and Rangers occasionally coordinating joint operations. Although the respective timelines might be off a little there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:08 am 
US Marines

This gave me a thought. We should have a preemptive moment of silence for the first Gou'ald who manages to piss off McCauley, Sullivan, and Taft all at the same time...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]