All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Samantha Carter
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:41 pm 

Working at the SGC is for Sam like living her dream. She has always dreamed of being an astronaut and her work at SG-1 or at SG-2 at the moment is even much more than she had ever dreamed of, when she started her studies at the Air Force Academy. Ever since she began working at the SGC she found most of the theories from her doctoral thesis are correct. Although she is an air force officer who tries to follow her orders as good as possible, she is mostly a scientist who dreams of learning as much as possible and to use this knowledge to keep her homeworld and the rest of the milky way save. If she has to decide between free time and her duties, duties always come first. But that does not mean, that she doesn't care for her friends. In fact they are very important to her and she would do anything for them, but too often she just looses track of time during her work.

Friends: In general Sam is a very friendly person. But since she is very ambitious she often has a hard time making new friends. Because she works so hard and has so little time for friends, some people might think that she is not interested in a friendship.

Enemies: Goa'uld, Replicators and everyone who tries to enslave people, hurts them or even discriminates them, belongs to her enemies. She also hates people who discriminate women. But she is always willing to give a person a second chance. So if you were her enemy once you still have a chance to become her friend someday.

Lovers: Sam is married to her work and is not looking for a lover at the moment. Maybe if the right person comes along, she might change her mind. But this person has to accept that she works overtime, gets hurt every now and then and is not able to talk about her work. Because of the rules she won't allow herself to fall in love with another officer from the SGC. If the man of her dreams works at the SGC he has to be a civilian, otherwise a close relationship won't happen.

Post subject: Re: Samantha Carter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:33 pm 
US Army

Hi

Friendly neighbourhood medic checking in.

I cant see Mere and Sam not getting along for any real reason. They both seem like friendly people, and I can imagine that even if Sam is busy working her butt off saving the world [again] that Mere would be cool with it. Stuff happens, dont sweat it.

I could see them having a passing acknowledgment of each other perhaps through being on the same team, so I'd be happy starting them off on a "Hey familiar face" kind of basis.

Mere is a regular in the gym, and the mess hall. Plus she's a hell of a poker player.

If Sam is likely to be in any of those places I could see them crossing paths.

Looking forward to maybe threading with you :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:31 pm 

Hi,

this sounds like a great idea. I can also imagine Sam and Mere being friends. It can start on a "familiar face" basis and then we can see how it evolves.

Sam is also a regular at the gym and everyone has to eat. ;) I think it's very likely that they will meet at the gym or the mess hall someday.

I'd love to thread with you. :)

Alina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:27 pm 
Atlantis Expedition Deputy CMO

I have two for you, both civilians: Claire Te Atua, and Ruth Tolliver.

Claire's not really an offworld bunny. A medical doctor, more to the point, and emergency surgeon, she's more likely to be found in the infirmary than anywhere else. Friendly and open, a typical Kiwi, she's straight to the point and calls a spade a spade. Sure, she has a good bedside manner when needed, but, if she needs to be blunt, just bring it on.

Ruth is a linguist, and is the happy go lucky, bubbly type. You know the sort - they piss you off just by looking at you. She's probably a semi-regular offworld, so they may have been on a mission together, or perhaps Sam's needed her expertise at some point.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:38 pm 

I think that Ruth and Sam have a lot in common. Both seem very passionate about their work and it's very likely that they work together from time to time. While working together it's possible that they became friends.

Concerning Claire I think it might work, too. Sam likes to help people who feel out of place and since she has to stay at the infirmary more often than she wants to, it's possible that Sam noticed that Claire still feels like a stranger in the USA.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:51 pm 
Thor

Okay, I think getting Sam out there is a necessity, don't you? I can NPC characters as well, if needed, but is there anything in particular you want to look at playing while we wait for the new missions to start?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:06 pm 

That's true. I'd love to begin playing her.

Maybe we can play something about Ruth and Sam doing some research together. I thought about a gravitation manipulating device, that one of the teams found on a mission. Possibly there are strange markings on the device and the energy readings and signals from the device will only make sense if the manage to translate the symbols. This might give us enough to play until the missions start.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:15 pm 
Civilian

Sounds like a plan to me. If you'd like to start something, I can toss Ruth in, and then, if you wanted, others could be free to join us as and when needed?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:35 am 
US Army

Hey there!

Not only will Joey be right under Sam's command on SG-2, but she's also one of the engineers on the base and something of a longtime R&D Department member. Because of that, I could easily imagine that she and Sam might already have some sort of working relationship, or would at least know each other from having worked together in the lab before.

Joey would probably have a lot of respect, since she's the very model of a modern badass egghead. That being said, Joey's got a bit of an ego and can be much more impulsive than Sam, so I could see some headbutting going on there. Not quite to McKay levels, but still disagreements and debates on alien technology.

Question for you: how would Sam react to being called Boss Lady? :P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:28 pm 

@Ruth: Okay, I'll think of something and will try to write the first post tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

@Josephine: I think she would be annoyed at first, but after a while she would get used to it.

I like relationships, that are not really easy. Debates on technology or other disagreements make everything a lot more interesting. A already existing working relationship seems very likely to me. Maybe Sam also gained some respect for Josephines opinion already, but still has a strong dislike for this nickname. ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next