All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:04 am 

2 SEPT 2014 14:37

When Olivia joined the military, she never expected that she would end up where she had. The Stargate program was intense and she loved it. She found herself eager to learn more, to help those who needed it. The SGC had offered her so much more than she could have ever imagined. Sure, there was still much that reminded her of her time as a civilian doctor, but the possibilities were endless at the SGC. There was always something new and exciting happening. Even when Olivia wasn’t on shift, she could be found hanging around and looking over various things. She even got to fall back on her knowledge of bioengineering from time to time. Honestly, the whole program was a dream come true.

Today, her shift started out normal. She met with the night shift and they discussed the patients they had in house, making sure she was up to date. Thankfully, the night went without any major issues. Olivia made her rounds, checking on the various patients, making sure all of their conditions were still the same, ordering a few additional tests for some of the others. It was looking like the day was going to be an easy one. Olivia was glad there weren’t waves of people coming in that needed tending to, but she loved the high she got from those situations.

Grabbing a coffee from the mess, Olivia found herself a seat to relax. She was about halfway done when she heard the sirens signaling an offworld activation. The sound that used to grate upon Olivia’s nerves was now a something she was able to push back within her mind. There were times she swore the damn thing never went off. Anticipation coursed through her, waiting to see if there was going to be a medical emergency. Calls went out to the medical team and a part of Olivia could help but get excited. Maybe she was going to get to see some action after all.

Olivia was almost back to medical when she heard the call out for her. She quickened her pace, mentally preparing herself for what was to come. She didn’t know who had come back through the gate and it could very well have been someone she was close friends with. She hit the door and her eyes widened, the man in front of her looking like a pincushion. A cluster of arrows were lodged into the man’s left shoulder. Without hesitation, she moved to the man and began to look over the wounds. One was through, protruding from his chest while the other two were still lodged within his back, one partially stopped by his vest. “We’re going to have to take him in to get the arrows out. Prep him now.” Olivia gave the man, Damien, a small smile. “I’ll get ya taken care of sweetheart, don’t you worry.” Eyes quickly scanned the room, making sure that there wasn’t anyone worse off than Damien before she followed the team to the OR.

It took Olivia longer than expected to get the arrows removed. Apparently the arrow tip wasn’t enough and there was a barbed part to the shaft. It was challenging to make sure she didn’t do more damage than it had already caused to Damien. There was some internal bleeding, but she was able to get everything closed up and good. By the time she’d finished, things had settled down. Apparently most of the wounds had been minor. Olivia spent a few minutes checking in with the other doctors and verifying that there were no other emergencies to attend to before she made her way over to Damien. Flashing him a smile, she grabbed his chart and looked it over. “How are you doing, sir? The shoulder feeling fine?” Olivia closed the file, letting her eyes drift up to look at Damien.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:57 am 

~Yep, well thankfully Damien wasn’t hurt overly bad, ok well terribly bad. Not like it was any more than just arrows through his shoulder back area after all. He took it rather well actually since he came through the gate on his own and the mission was a partial success. He didn’t have a team really but he did fill in when he could. He was a man for the action after all and staying trapped in some office or guard duty just wasn’t his thing, though he had to do both sadly.

Sadly though, he was whisked away before he could do much else, his team was fine but he still had arrows in his body and the docs always took their precautions. Out for a while and got his work done taking those primitive arrows out. Damien even in his sleep couldn’t wrap his mind around it really. Could have been anything else but no, it had to be fucking arrows. It felt like he had visited the medieval times or something, but well he had no choice in the matter.

Finally he awoke however, the arrows gone and he let his gaze roam around a bit in thought. Typical machines hooked up to watch him and then he heard a voice faintly come over his ears. He made a few grunting sounds and shook his head slightly, he wanted to become more fully alert. Finally his eyes could see straighter and he moved himself to sitting up more so. Of course he moved with his good arm and looked at the bad one inspecting it. He could handle the pain, it wasn’t his first rodeo after all, he just hated that they were mere arrows really.

Once he was half satisfied with his positioning he’d move his eyes back towards the woman who spoke and smirked softly. “Well hello, I think I died and went to heaven.” He stated frankly before thinking about it a moment. “Scratch that, arrows won’t take me…Though, I definitely enjoy the notion with the lovely lady who took care of me?” He asked before actually fully scanning her over. Of course those shiny damn rank insignia’s had to be present and he shook his head some.

“Damn…Sorry ma’am…Or can we speak freely here?” He asked making sure she wouldn’t be one of those rather up tight doctors. Hell, she was very nice to look at after all. She was very gorgeous for damn sure. He saw her in passing a few times but never had the time to actually greet her really. He thought this was sad though, since he’d love to chat it up and see just what she was made of. After a moment he’d smirk softly and shook his head some.

“So…Perhaps a good diner for two is in order? Can’t stay on an empty stomach, and well, I have to thank ya for getting the arrows out…” He stated with a small chuckle in thought. “Oh yeah, about the shoulder, it’s better…Nothing to stay bed ridden over.” He said as he grunted and moved to stand on his own two feet once more. He didn’t need to take up a bed for a mere shoulder, he luckily knew not to tear open his wounds, and hoped she didn’t stop him from his efforts.~

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:33 pm 

Olivia watched Damien closely as he pulled himself up into a more comfortable position. She could see the small hesitations and slight flashes of pain from the injury as he moved. Even if she pointed it out, she knew he would never admit it. Men didn’t like to show weaknesses and it appeared Damien wasn’t going to be an exception to that rule. She expected no less of him after all.

When his words finally hit her, Olivia arched a brow, giving him a look. Apparently Damien was a charmer. A small smirk flashed across her face, but it disappeared quickly. Shaking her head, she moved to put his chart down and moved farther up the bed, wanting to get a better look at him. “Well, considering you’re coming out of the anesthesia, I won’t hold it against you.” Olivia offered him a small smile. She knew the drugs didn’t always allow you to make the best choices after all. Hell, she could remember a few times she’d said some pretty bad things herself. “You can speak freely with me, just don’t push your luck.” She gave him a look, brows arched slightly. Olivia had a feeling that wasn’t going to do much to deter him.

It was as if she already knew him, Damien rattling on about a dinner. Man, he was a piece of work… a very attractive piece of work. Olivia couldn’t deny that she saw some appeal in the man, but being only a Staff Sergeant meant he was off limits. Granted, pretty much everyone on the SGC was off limits. She knew the harm of mixing business with pleasure and it wasn’t really something she wanted to deal with. Having to tell her father she was no long in the air force because she had poor choice in bed mates really wasn’t a conversation she wanted to have; that would be more berating than she would ever want to put up with. Plus, her last experience dating a co-worker turned into a crap marriage she did her best to forget.

“That luck I told you not to push? You’re pushing it.” Olivia replied, her hand moving to push him back down upon the bed. “And you’re not going anywhere just yet. How about you let the drugs wear off before you go gallivanting off to whatever you do. Plus, I’ve got to look you over and make sure everything is okay and we don’t have to go back in and fix anything.”

It took a moment of him resisting before he was back down on the bed. Olivia let her hand move up, pulling down the material coving the area. Grabbing the gauze, she pulled it back to make sure that everything was good. “Alright, that looks good now the back, please.” She helped to guide him, rolling him over and taking a look at the wounds on that side. Everything was still in place and looking good. Letting out a sigh, she grabbed him chart and made a few notes. He was looking just fine. Signing off the chart, she placed it back at the end and looked up at him. “Now, are you going to stay here willingly or am I going to have to restrain you? I’d prefer you just lay down and take a nap and I’ll release you afterwards. Does that sound like a plan?”

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]