All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:36 am 
US Marines

"I'm not familiar with it." Taft tended to avoid reading O'neil's reports, memos, or the like. He rambled details out like a third grader working on a 'what I did during summer break' essay, so Taft tended to just read the rest of SG-1's reports and extrapolate the fourth puzzle piece from context and experience with the man. Hard earned experience, as O'neil and Taft were as close to being polar opposites as two white guys could get and still be in the same nation's military. Taft nodded to Fia's follow up question. "I wouldn't call it a study, but nothing's killed me from chewing on it yet."

Taft stopped and squared up to Fia. "With regret, ma'am, I need to go put the fear of the gods back into the Quartermasters and then I'm off to motorpool in search of oil stains on my beloved work floor." He kept his face clear of any expressions but his eyes lingered on hers in a way that wasn't military protocol compliant.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:41 am 
US Air Force

She had known he couldn't stay, still Fia felt a twinge of disappointment. A twinge that had the unusual effect of making her chuckle at herself. Somewhere, hiding inside the Major was a giddy little school girl who hadn't seen the light of day in years. It was getting more and more difficult to keep her settled. Fia wasn't sure she wanted to. Sounds to me more like the fear of Taft. Which I am sure is just as terrifying and a bit more immediate. I'll swing by in a couple of hours to reinforce it. There was just a hint of a devilish gleam in her eyes at the thought.

She paused at the door, looking at her watch with a calculating gaze. Fifty four hours and 22 minutes on... mark. Fia flashed him a dazzlingly quick grin and disappeared into the mess. She would be counting every minute.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:24 am 
US Marines

"More so," he responded smoothly to her assessment of where the fear of Taft stood in comparison to the fear of the gods. "But I try to reserve it for when they've done something that could cause me to do paperwork, rather than general laziness." It was only fair, general laziness was to be expected but putting their fellow soldiers in danger by failing to maintain combat equipment or sweeping the firing line with ones weapon (or something along those lines) deserved something more intense.

When she said 'on' he immediately and reflexively raised his watch, then hit the button so that it emitted the beep when she said 'mark'. Completely serious, giving a nod as she grinned and disappeared. They'd really made a mistake down in Supply, not giving The Major her new chair promptly. Sgt. Major Taft stalked toward that department with an evil glint in his eye.