All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:23 am 
Tok'ra

The Latin made Elvria smile it was not a language she had heard spoken before and it was such a nice language. It didn't sound harsh, it was almost comforting in a sense to know that people use to speak with such language to each other. She herself was so use to the Goa'uld language, which was mainly harsh words spoken in unpleasant situations, there probably wasn't a time when she had heard any Tok'ra speak Goa'uld in a nice manner.

She followed Fia back to the desk, the book being put down in front of the other woman, Elvria could feel Parnell's appreciation of the Latin sentence in her mind. That was probably the first time he had started to trust someone as quickly as Fia. But Elvria kept that thought to herself, there was no need to point that out to Parnell, he would only insist that he did not trust her and be stubborn whenever they were in Fia's presence.

“If you spoke to some of the System Lords they would tell you that your function in the universe would be to be hosts,” pointed out Elvria. “Of course the Tok'ra don't all think like that, although they do like you for hosts, they would prefer to ask first.”

Elvria pulled a chair across and sat in front of Fia, this woman although military was much less military in persona than she had dealt with before and that was intriguing. Curiosity was getting the better of her, and she seemed unable to stop asking questions. “But what if your way isn't the better way? The Tauri have so much freedom, it can be envious to some, but it is not the only way to live. Have you even seen the Chappa'ai ,excuse me, Stargate yet?”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:05 am 
US Air Force

Fia was glad the young woman came over and joined her. She had hoped by keeping casual, she would put the Tok'ra as well as the host at ease. Parnell's distrust was easily understandable. He probably viewed his assignment here the same way she would view a mission. He had his objective and making nice with the friendlies was unimportant. It would be an interesting challenge to see what it would take to draw him out in amicable conversation.

Hold on! One question at a time... Fia laughed, delighted at the girl's curiousity. And she certainly didn't start off with the easy questions. When I speak of the humans of earth, it is a big generalization. Part of the freedom we cherish so, is the freedom to hold differing opinions. What I think may be the right way, another may not. Prime example, I was raised in a particular religion. We were taught that marriage is a sacred pact between a man and a woman, but there are those that believe that a man can have as many wives as he can afford to keep, and others who feel that a marriage vow is something that can be set aside. They have just as much right to hold their beliefs as I do mine. And I will fight to defend that right for all of us. Fia paused, realizing she had gone off on a tangent there. But as a more direct answer to your question. It may not be the better way, but it is the right thing to do.

And yes I've seen the stargate, during the orientation tour, but it was inactive.Even so it was quite awe inspiring.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:26 am 
Tok'ra

Elvria was happy that Fia had not gotten offended at the amount of questions she had asked, sometimes it could annoy people and that was the last thing she wanted to do. Especially to someone as new as Fia, it did not do to make people not want to talk to you on only their third day, you had to given them at least a couple of weeks before they started disliking you.

It wasn't Elvria who got to reply to Fia though, as Parnell gently nudged his way forward, eyes flashing the golden almost yellow colour. He stared at Fia for a moment, almost as though he was assessing what she had said, he was impressed at what she had stated. He usually distrusted people far too easily, years of having people turn out not to be who they were it takes a toll on a person and so he had stopped looking for the good, the trust in people.

It was one of the reasons why he had been suggested to bond to Elvria, the young girl was full of that trust and the council hoped it they could learn from each other.

“The right thing to do is not always the easiest path to take,” he said, the voice having dropped slightly lower in volume as Parnell took over. “There is not many amongst you that believe like you do, it is refreshing to see and hear. This is why the Tok'ra help the Tauri so much, your beliefs, the chance to die free, without the threat of the Goa'uld. Of being used for unspeakable things.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:35 am 
US Air Force

Parnell's reappearance was unexpected, but Fia was glad he seemed willing to speak with her rather than just chastise her. He was reminding her of one of her great uncles. Uncle Fredrico had fought in Vietnam. He had gone off filled with the stories of his fathers tour in world war 2, but Vietnam had been a very different war, and the disillusion that those who served at that time was heartbreaking. Her uncle had never really trusted anyone after that. What ever had disallusioned Parnell must ahve happened before joining with Elvria, she didn't share that wariness.

I'd like to think this mountain is full of people who believe like I do. Fia leaned one arm on the table, her head slightly tilted.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:39 pm 
Tok'ra

"This mountain is full of people who are free," Parnell replied curtly. He knew many Jaffa that would really liked to have the freedom the Tauri have, to not have to serve the System Lords, but unfortunately that was not possible at the time.

"I hope you get to share your beliefs with others in the future, Fia," he added, before relinquishing control back to Elvria.

The eyes glowed yellow once more, head did a little drop - something that Elvria had tried to stop as she did not want to hide that there was a transition happening, it was nothing to be ashamed off after all - before she smiled once more.

"Parnell is....well he is a puzzle to new people," she commented, "I hope he did not offend you too much?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:37 am 
US Air Force

It takes a lot to offend me, Elvria. Fia stated softly. I actually have a lot of respect for someone who speaks their mind. He strikes me as someone who has been through something herculean, an event that shapes how he looks at everything else. I have a great uncle like that. He has only recently realized that the terrible things that happened to him did have a purpose. A purpose only he could bear. It wasn't an easy thing to come to terms with.

Turning the book to face her, Fia flipped open cover. Skipping right past the introduction, she started skimming over the vocabulary. While the similarities were obvious, they were not exactly intuitive. She was going to need a latin dictionary as well. So do you know Ancient? If not maybe we can set up a study group.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:06 pm 
Tok'ra

He has only recently realized that the terrible things that happened to him did have a purpose. A purpose only he could bear. That made Elvria think, seriously and deeply think for a moment, there were only a few people that knew she had been taken by the Goa'uld and kept for implantation when she was a young girl. Them people mostly consisted of the higher ranked personnel on Earth and the high Tok'ra council and Parnell, it was the way she wanted it and not once had she really mentioned it out loud to anyone. Yet there sat in front of her was a woman who Elvria and Parnell had never met, yet was told something that had never been said to her before.

Becoming a host to Parnell when she was badly injured she had just been told again and again what an honer it would be. What knowledge that Parnell would be able to share with her and her own knowledge however limited that would be with him. That they would share such a long life together, but never in all their years together did someone say something like that to her. It was kind of empowering in a way and Elvria could just see things in a very slightly different way.

Her voice quieter than normal, emotion was always hard to vocalise for Elvria, she replied, “There are terrible things that are done, that also serve a purpose.” She tried to make it so it didn't sound like she was the culprit for such things at times, but she had a feeling that it did not come out that way.

There had been times when things had to be done that Elvria did not like doing, that would cause both herself and Parnell to retreat for a few days. Elvria's small stature meant she was very much over looked most of the time, along with her young looking face she was considered very naive at times. That was not the case and Elvria knew that, she could fight as well as most of the military here and fight along side them she had before, it was just something she did not like doing.

Pushing the dark thoughts away, Elvria shifted slightly in her chair, smile returning – although not reaching her eyes now – as Fia asked about the Ancient. “I know the odd word, so could help out there, but their sentences they are trickier. The study group sounds interesting? Learning from one another, that is something both Tok'ra and Tauri share in the same, knowledge is power after all.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:04 am 
US Air Force

“There are terrible things that are done, that also serve a purpose.” The young woman in front of her said softly. Elvria seemed to retreat into her thoughts for a moment, and the play of emotions across her face caused Fia to reassess her impressions of the Tok'ra host. Fia had seen that look before on the younger soldiers in her care. The ones just off difficult mission who were trying to make sense of what they had seen or done. Elvria wasn't just a host, she had at some point been a fighter as well. Fia respected her even more for that.

When Elvria came back for her mental wanderings, Fia could see she was still effected by whatever she had been thinking. Knowledge will give you power, but good character will gain you respect. Fia countered with a smile. A bit of wisdom from Bruce Lee. He was an incredible martial artist, and a fairly wise man too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:46 pm 
Tok'ra

“I have seen this Bruce Lee on the TV box of Earth,” Elvria said, hoping that she had gotten the shortening of television down correctly. Some of the Tau'ri words that were shortened she felt a bit silly saying, she could not always understand exactly why they felt the need to shorten something down. It would be just as easy to say exactly what you meant, or at least that was the view of most of the Tok'ra, Elvria mildly wondered if that was why some people did not get along so well with the Tok'ra. There to the point ways probably came across as blunt and to the point, something that most people did not like.

“Can you do martial arts like on the TV?” Elvria asked. She knew that most of the military in the SGC were skilled fighters, all of them having a different range of what they could do and what they couldn't. Elvria was sure that she had seen one person able to flip someone else over their shoulder when she had passed by the gym once before, and although she herself could fight it was not something that she would actively go looking for. All the fake fighting he Tau'ri did, she would not do and would not be found in the gym at all unless completely necessary.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:07 pm 
US Air Force

Martial arts like on TV. That covered quite a broad spectrum. Honestly, a lot of what was shown on modern TV was more akin to dancing than fighting. Not that watching Scarlett Johansson curl her way up to some bad guys shoulders and taser him wasn't enjoyable, It just wasn't very realistic. Fia's fights were fast, dirty and with any luck the target was out before they knew they were a target. In that aspect she did share a philosophy with Mr. Lee. His style, Jeet Kune Do, was far more reactive than active. He believed that a good fighter would be able to instantly adapt to the constantly changing tone of live combat. While she had never actively studied his technique, she new enough of it to recognize it and counter it best she could.

I can fight, yes. Though not with the grace you see in choreographed fights. Fia chuckled. My role before coming here was as a combat rescue officer, Going into hostile territory to get our fallen or captured soldiers out. Going unnoticed was much more important than taking on the enemy. I can do both.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next