All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:56 pm 
Tok'ra

18:00 30th September 2014

Evenings were a strange time at the SGC, one that if Elvria didn't time it right she would get caught in a flow of people either finished their work or starting their work. Most of the people were finishing, and it was one concept that Elvria and Parnell could not seem to grasp, the Tok'ra had no sense of "downtime", they worked till the job was finished rested and had food before carrying on.

So the throng of people she brushed past, chatting happily about getting home and what they were eating for dinner - pizza seemed to be a favourite amongst most personnel - and just what they would be watching on the television set that night. It was just noise buzzing around her, no one was really saying anything to her, so she could keep her head down and carry on. Being as short as she was, and a Tok'ra as well, most people didn't pay her much mind. A lot of people were use to her coming and going now, having gotten use to her quiet presence.

As she turned down a right hand corridor, the one leading to the linguistics labs it quietened a little, less people were down this way and thankfully Elvria had made her way to the lab unimpeded. She had been curious to see exactly what kind of books they had gathered since her last visit. Parnell had grumbled that they did not need to see what little information the Tauri had one them, or rather what misguided information there was already there lurking amongst the stacks.

It was the one thing that they differed on Elvria very much wanted to learn and know about other peoples knowledge - maybe gain some knowledge of where she herself was from -. Parnell, well he mostly claimed he knew everything and that she was just wasting her time with all this and they could be doing something so much more substantial with their time. Like helping the Tok'ra stay one step ahead of the Goa'uld, making sure they didn't loose more and even trying to find a way of getting a Goa'uld symbiote out of an unwilling host.

But they had agreed, so many years ago, that evenings could be left up to Elvria on what they did and well Elvria had decided that night to go into the lab.

There was one light left on, on a desk that held a stack of books, Elvria made a beeline for them. No one was around and well, they were untidy and ones that looked unfamiliar to her. Pulling out the chair and sitting down, she shifted through the work there, hopefully no one was going to mind that she'd piled it to one side for now.

"Elvria, this is a waste of time, there is going to be nothing here," Parnell said, voice echoing rather imperiously in her head.

Sighing Elvria replied, speaking out loud, "We agreed, this is what I could do with my evenings,"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:23 pm 
US Air Force

Whoever shelved these books would have been given a research project on the proper application of the LLC back at Holy Cross. Fia thought to herself as she knelt in front of the book shelves. She had come by hoping to catch one of the eggheads before they all left for the day. She missed. So here she was, trying to find something, anything, that would give her an idea of similarities between Latin and Ancient. Her classics training, rusty as it was, gave her a very strong understanding in that language. One she hoped to use to her advantage here at the SGC. Unfortunately all she could find was Goa'uld, which was as different from latin as cherokee was. Not helpful.

The sound of rustling paper from the other side of the shelving unit caught her attention. Hoping it was someone who worked here and not janitorial staff, Fia peered through the space between the books and the shelf above them. Sitting at the desk was a young woman, she couldn't have been much older than Fia's niece Angela. Something about the way she held herself, though, spoke of being far older. The girl sighed, speaking out loud, "We agreed, this is what I could do with my evenings,"

Confused, Fia moved to the end of the shelves, intentionally being noisey enough that the girl wouldn't be startled. Hello?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:00 pm 
Tok'ra

Elvria heard the person coming towards them before hearing or seeing them, immediately more alert she stood up, Parnell taking over a split second - eyes flashed yellow - before she mentally told him to back down. Whoever had interrupted them was not going to be trying to harm them in anyway what so ever, not whilst they were on Earth, in the middle of the Tauri's very secret, very well hidden - not as well hidden as the Tok'ra tunnels - base.

As was custom by most Tok'ra standards and indeed even some of the Tauri's standards, she had seen it happen on at least one occasion before, although she could not recall exactly why they had all stood when one man in a very strange suit had entered the room. But they had been on Earth and as dictated by the agreement - Parnell hated the word treaty, it was too Earthly a word - Elvria had gone along with it.

So Elvria stood up, trying hard not to give a formal little bow, instead just a small head nod. "Hello," she said in reply, trying that little upward turn of her mouth that so many insisted upon when greeting someone.

Elvria took in the woman's appearance, and realised here was someone who she had not met before, someone completely new. A small thrill of excitement ran up her back, there was so many familiar faces here that someone new was a welcome change.

"Elvria, be cautious child, you do not know this woman," Parnell whispered in her head. Elvria scrunched up her face at the word child from Parnell, she might look young but she definitely wasn't that young and she disliked being called child.

"Hush, this is someone new," whispered Elvria, trying to make it so she wasn't speaking out loud, but, well she still failed. It was just the way she was, replying out loud made her feel, less alone at times and it was a habit she wasn't found of following.

Stepping from around the table, Elvria looked from the woman in front of her hand to her own hand, before offering her hand up, "I am Elvria, I have not seen you around the base before? Is Parnell correct in assuming you are new here?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:55 pm 
US Air Force

At first, Fia thought the flash of gold was a trick of the little light there was in the office. Then the young woman stood, and Fia took in the clothes that were either cutting edge fashion or distinctly alien. Still unsure who she was talking to, Fia put on her friendliest smile and leaned against the ends of the shelving unit. She kept her body language casual, hoping to put the girl a little more at ease.

Then the girl crinkled her nose, and obviously whispered to someone Fia was unaware of. Despite the briefings and the passel of mission reports, it still took Fia a moment to clue in. It wasn't until the young woman held out her hand stiffly, and mentioned a 'Parnell', that Fia stood up straight. A smile bordering on amazment covered her face. You are a Tok'ra! She blurted out, immediately wishing she hadn't. She took Elvria's hand and shook it gently. I'm Fia, It is an honor to meet you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:09 pm 
Tok'ra

Elvria was momentarily surprised, there were not that many people that would say she was a Tok'ra with near enough glee in their voice. But this woman - Fia(strange name) - had done just that, the most Elvria could count on for when she met people the first time was weariness. Of course that did depend on who was in control at the time of a first meeting.

If Parnell was currently at the front then he definitely would not be shaking Fia's hand back, nor would there be a tiny smile across the face. But Elvria, Elvria was fascinated meeting new people and not only was this person new but they also had a name that she had never come across. That was what she loved about the Tauri so much, the wide variety of culture, Elvria sometimes wished she could explore Earth more. a 'see the sights' as several people had told her.

Sadly because of what she was, this was not permitted and the most she had seen was the Tauri night sky, a night sky that was so different from the Tok'ra places they visited. She was sure it was also different from when she was child, but she could barely remember her childhood all she ever got was feelings and Parnell never let her dwell on them.

"It is a honour to meet you as well," Elvria replied uncertainly, was this a new custom that had arisen on Earth and no one had told her. The Tauri were very good at playing tricks on them at times. "I did not realise anyone else was in here, I can leave you to what ever you were looking for if you wish?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:06 pm 
US Air Force

Letting go of the young woman's hand, she gestured about the room. No, no. I am sure there is room enough here for the two of us... Three? of us? Completely unsure of the correct way to address speaking to a multiple entity in a single body, Fia just smiled and went with it. I was trying to find a primer on Ancient, I was fairly good at latin back before I joined the Air Force. Never thought I would be able to put it to use will still in the service. Still might not, but I thought I would give it a try... and I am babbling... I hope you will forgive me. You are the first non-human, I mean non-Tau'ri have met.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:23 pm 
Tok'ra

It took Elvria a moment to realise what Fia meant when she said three of us, Elvria very rarely remembered that Parnell was often seen as a second person to her own. Oh she knew they were both two separate people - for lack of a better word - and they shared this body harmoniously - or as harmoniously as one could get when you disagreed on a few things - but she had only ever seen them as one being. There was only one of her body after all - unless she had some kind of clone out there which she really didn't want to think about at all it was too silly - that any body saw. The only difference being that her eyes would glow when changing who was taking control.

Elvria kind of tilted her head to the side slightly as Fia seemed to get caught in a ramble, she had noticed that happen some times with some of the more scientific Tauri people. She had a vague notion of it being something that the scientific side of Earth had inherited from each other, the notion of rambling. Elvria and for that matter Parnell did not ramble as the humans did, they said what needed to be said and that was it, it made things more efficient then.

"You are still in service to this 'Air Force' although you work for the Stargate?" Elvria asked curiously, she always liked learning about new things and this was something new. Oh she new there was different military aspects to Earth, knew that different members came from different branches, a bit like the Tok'ra they had different operatives in different factions.

That was when she remembered that Fia had mentioned something about the Ancient language and the smile just got a little brighter. The things on the Ancient's was something that if Parnell had any knowledge about he was unwilling to share, the knowledge of the Ancient is probably left buried, is what he would always say.

"I know of which book you need," Elvria said, leading Fia to the correct book, she grabbed it, turned back around.....her eyes flashed yellow to signal that Parnell had taken control.

The book was gripped more tightly in hand now, the expression not so happy now, the look in the eye a little bit more distrustful. Everything that signalled Parnell was in control, he clutched the book closer to his chest.

"Elvria may trust strangers straight away, I do not, Fia," he said, "I shall tell you, what I tell her, when my dear host goes looking for information on Ancient anything. The knowledge of the Ancient is probably best left unknown."

Without giving Fia chance to reply, Parnell relinquished control back into Elvira's hand, and she ducked her head in apology. Elvria stretched her arm out with the book in it, "I am sorry,"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:27 am 
US Air Force

The more Elvria talked, the more charmed Fia became by her. She seemed both innocent and worldly at the same time, curious yet cautious. Fia couldn't help wondering if this was because of the To'kra's dual natures, or if it was just Elvria personality. Either way, it was endearing.Been in the service for little more than a decade now, though I only just joined the Stargate program. As in, this is my third day. Until recently I wasn't even aware that there were humans on other planets with cultures vastly different than ours. I certainly wasn't expecting to meet them.

Just then the young woman's sober smile brightened, and Fia couldn't help smiling back. When Elvria offered to find the book for Fia, she was only happy to follow. The shelf was only one section over from where she had been looking. She had been close at least. The young woman pick up the book, turned to face her and... changed. Witnessing the gold flash a second time was far more disconcerting, now that she understood what it meant. The voice that came form Elvria's lips seemed deeper and far less friendly.

"Elvria may trust strangers straight away, I do not, Fia," he said, "I shall tell you, what I tell her, when my dear host goes looking for information on Ancient anything. The knowledge of the Ancient is probably best left unknown."

whoa.. She said under her breath. Then the brown eyes flashed gold again. To Fia they seemed to grow warmer, and embarrassed. There is nothing to apologise for. I am guessing that was ... Parnell?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:10 pm 
Tok'ra

Elvria was surprised when Fia said that this was her third day, she had never met anyone that was quite literally that new before. It would explain why Parnell was feeling so restless with this newcomer, Elvria liked that Parnell was so protective of her. They were in a sense each others family and the protectiveness went both ways, if she could protect the Tok'ra living inside of her by any means then she would definitely take it.

"Parnell is," started Elvria, choosing her words carefully, she did not want to cause any arguments between herself and the symbiote. "Protective of me, that can often come across as rudeness. He is much older than myself and has no reason to trust anyone new."

There that should keep Parnell happy, Elvria had only shared a little of history with the stranger, but nothing that no one else did not already know. She had not shared anything else about her past or anything from Parnell's to anyone really, there was things were shared for the sake of missions and information sharing but nothing that really related back to them.

"I am much older than I do look, Parnell forgets that sometimes," Elvria said, before changing the subject. "Can you speak any of this Latin you mentioned? Or Ancient at all? I have not heard either of these spoken out loud, I am too use to the Goa'uld and Tok'ra language."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:46 am 
US Air Force

Fia smiled kindly and took the book from Elvria. As she watched the young woman choose her words so carefully, She couldn't help wonder what it must be like if the host and the Tok'ra didn't suit. Fia knew in her core just who she was, where her decisions came from. She couldn't imagine having to put things up for a vote, so to speak. And if they couldn't come to a consensus, then what? It was a fascinating, and very scary, thought.

In antiquis est sapientia, et in multo tempore prudentia. It is a verse from one of our holy books. It translates to 'With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.' Something I am sure Parnell would agree with. As she spoke, Fia made her way back to the table and settled into one of the stools there. The thing about humans though, is we have this need to know things. All things. We want to understand the universe and our function in it. To do that we have to understand what came before, and that includes the Ancients. And if we can find some way to make the universe a better place while we are learning? Even better.