All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:25 pm 
Tok'ra

Elvria smiled at that, the art of going unnoticed of blending in, that was what the Tok'ra were pretty well known for, that was why it had taken the Tau'ri so long in actually finding them in the first place. "Going unnoticed, that I can do very well," she said, half sort of gesturing to her head, "Blending in is a requirement on some missions, Parnell is very good at acting the Goa'uld when need be."

She wasn't exactly sure why she was sharing that with Fia, it was just something about the other woman that Elvria did not feel remotely like an outsider when talking to her. It was nice, of course Elvria was sure that Parnell would have something to say about that, trusting someone so quickly Elvria is dangerous, is what she could hear at the back of her mind.

"There are so many different kinds of military people here," Elvria admitted, it was interesting to her learning new things. In some ways she knew she was likened to the curious children of the Tau'ri and well that did not bother her as much as being likened to a Goa'uld. "It is interesting to see what people can and can not do, you are military yet you are looking for a book on Ancient language. You would not always get such a combination of interests in a Tok'ra."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:58 am 
US Air Force

You sometimes don't find a range of interests in Tau'ri either. Fia leaned forward as if imparting a great secret. In a hushed tone she admitted. I tend to find those types not as engaging to talk to. Then she broke out in a smile, hoping the young woman would understand her humor.

When I first joined the service, I specialized in what we call SERE training. Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape. All of the tools a soldier would need if stuck in enemy territory. For several years I taught water survival, not as easy as it sounds. But Something tells me you may already know that. I wouldn't mind comparing training notes sometime. Reaching over she lightly tapped the book. This is something I am learning on my own. I have a very bad habit of wanting to keep myself occupied. An idle soul shall suffer hunger as my Nana used to say.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:33 pm 
Tok'ra

Elvria smiled, she was beginning to like Fia more and more, most of the military she spoke to were a little more brash with her, talking more strategy than anything else. Although that was not a bad thing, at times it bored Elvria a little bit, she did not always wish to speak of which tactical manoeuvre should be next made on which ship on which planet. She even knew that sometimes it irritated Parnell, although Parnell had fewer things he liked doing in his spare time and was much more work orientated, he still wanted time to not think along them lines.

Elvria smiled, "Comparing the training, is this another way to get me to share Tok'ra secrets?" she did not mean this in a bad way, she hoped that her attempting to joke would come across, but...well it had been a very long time since she had tried to share her humour. The last time she had done so, she had been met with silence and that had taken a part of her away, the part that had wanted to call them people friends.

"Is there not people here that could help you learn quickly?" Elvria asked curiously. The learning process for a Tok'ra was quick, they had to actually learn anything new very quickly, there was always the added bonus of the genetic memory being passed down. But that was just that, a memory, the previous host might have been able to do all kinds of things, whilst the next host would know 'how' to do them things but unable to actually 'do' them. It was intriguing notion at times.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:53 am 
US Air Force

The young girls quiet sly humor made Fia chuckle. Until three days ago, Tok'ra WERE a secret. As were the SGC, Stargates, and the Goa'uld. I think I have reached my quota of secrets for the week. It was lovely to see her come out of the quiet shell enough to joke. Fia was really coming to like this young lady.

Oh I am sure there are plenty of people here would could teach me. I am equally as sure that they are all busy doing something far more important than indulging a bored Captain. Scanning down as few pages, Fia had to admit this was going to be tougher than she thought. It wasn't as easy as straight translation, the structure was entirely different. She was going to have to brush up on her vocabulary so that it wouldn't trip her up in translation. I don't suppose you know where I can find a Latin dictionary around here?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:53 pm 
Tok'ra

Elvria was glad that Fia had understood her humour, she often to tried to have a lighter sense of humour to fit in more with the Tau'ri but it never always worked. It was nice to know that someone could understand it.

Elvria tilted her head to the side slightly, as Fia spoke of all of this being a secret, Elvria would actually quite like to meet someone who had no knowledge of Stargates, Goa'uld or Tok'ra, one of the ever day people she saw sometimes on the television. Just to speak with them, and see that freedom that the Tau'ri prised so highly.

Her smile saddened slightly as she said, “It must be very nice to not know of the Goa'uld, of Stargates. I have lived as a Tok'ra for a few years and could not imagine not knowing about them.” It was true, she wondered what that was like, of living with no knowledge of how evil the Goa'uld were. To just be free, it must be such a nice feeling.

Elvria did not dwell on the thought for long as Fia asked if there was a Latin book, Elvria nodded, “Of course.” Before rising from her seat, she had seen it earlier when she had come in and remembered where it was, it was quicker getting the book for Fia instead of trying to tell her where it was.

Going into a shadowy part of the room, her own shadow elongated on the floor, Elvria heard a noise. She generally was not a suspicious person, she left that to Parnell, but as far as she had been aware no one had entered since she had spoken to Fia. Feeling a confidence Elvria normally did not have, maybe it was sharing the joke with Fia earlier, she called, “Hello?”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:04 am 
US Army

He had been silent, not because he was eavesdropping or because he was afraid to butt into the conversation going on between the US Air Force captain and the Tok'ra operative, but instead because he was reading, the twenty something officer sitting with his legs crossed at the foot of a book shelf with a stack of books at his side, a notebook in his lap, a pen in his hand, and a latin dictionary that they happened to be looking for, in his other hand. If it was not for the shadows of the area where he had been reading in the half-dark, a number of clearly listed words with question marks beside them were listed in one 'row' on the paper, with a definition apparently hastily, if not excitedly written in the other. He had been deep in the process of trying to translate several words which had escaped his translation of a passage about the Gaelic myth featuring CuChullain, as written by a catholic scholar in latin, which escaped him when he had translated it before. His brain was so focused on the words and piecing together the mental puzzle of the passage, (alongside the passage he had red in English and Gaelic about Gaebolga, specifically trying to find out more secrets about ancient Ireland and the rest of the British Isles, through the lens of 'there were really aliens dominating earth at that time), that he nearly jumped out of his 'skin' in an undignified, rather un-soldierly way at questioning "Hello?" from Elvira.

Soon, the young officer in Army Fatigues dusted himself off and looked in the direction of the voice, trying to seem as dignified as possible and hoping he was not seen jump like that, having no want to be the laughing stock of the other officers here for that moment, before reaching down and gathering his pen, the dictionary, the notebook, and the stack of books, and holding them against his chest.

"Howdy. How can I help you?" he said, in the most polite, muted, way he could, because he was sure that she was asking something or needed something, otherwise her tone would not have been questioning. It never occurred to him that she did not see anything, but had heard him turning the pages of the notebook or the dictionary, or drumming his pen against the paper as he read.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:34 am 
Tok'ra

Stumbling across people in strange places was not something new to Elvria, especially when it concerned some of the non-military personel on base, they always had a way of appearing in different places. It was something that Elvria had gotten use to, not knowing who you were going to meet around the next corridor or in the next room, the base was that big. Unlike when with the Tok'ra and living in the tunnels, Elvria and Parnell knew all of the Tok'ra that was there.

“You know Latin?” Elvria asked, noticing the book in his hand was the one she had been going to give to Fia. She was uncomfortable asking for the book from the man sat on the floor, if he was using it then she did not want to disrupt that. Parnell on the other hand shifted restlessly at the back of her mind, that mistrust vibe at someone new coming through strong between them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3