All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:00 pm 

Thoughtfully Sam looked at the artifact while Doctor Tolliver tried to translate the first lines. In a physical context pushing and pulling were almost similar despite the different sign, but depending on the artifact's purpose it could mean, that the device was able to exhibit a gravitational pull or even create an anti-gravitational force. But anti-gravity would be very unusual, because in contrast to electromagnetic forces they had not observed an opposite direction for gravity in nature yet. Some physical theories proposed that anti-gravity existed, but she doubted that they would ever see anti-gravity above a sub-atomic level.

“If we propose that the device emits gravitons it is very unlikely that the line is about pushing. More likely it's about pulling something.”, Sam answered, but the more she thought about the device and talked to Doctor Tolliver the more she felt that they needed to compare the goa'uld dialect on this device to other artifacts belonging to Callista.

“I think so, too. If you excuse me, I will see if I can get some of the artifacts belonging to Callista or to Kronos.”, she said, while she stood up and waited for Doctor Tolliver's answer before she would go to the SGC's storage area.