All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:24 pm 
Royal Navy

"Oh I can ask, very, very nicely," he said giving her a silly wink as he said such a thing.

Caleb shifted in his seat, being this close to Claire, saying the things he was saying yeah he really wanted to be on his own with her once more. Getting to this level of closeness between them, whilst in a public place, although gave him a bit of a thrill, was terrifying all at the same time. He wanted to be alone with her desperately, but he also need to take a moment to breath, because he was heading full steam ahead into something that was so meaningful, some deep it was indescribable.

But that wasn't going to stop him from continuing on flirting with her, even as he heard a group come into the Mess Hall, chattering away loudly, loud enough to make him pull back slightly.

"Complete control, well expertise skill handling," he said, smiling brightly at her. "I can relate to that." Not that he was bragging of course.

"I will get you a copy of my schedule or you know, I might not," he said, smiling softly at her, sitting back in his chair now. He had to put some distance between them, otherwise he was going to suggest something that was going to basically make them both late for work, plus he had no clean uniform barring the one he was currently wearing. He actually needed to do laundry the following day. "I'll just have to tell you every day what am working, that way I have an excuse to come see you and talk to you."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:03 pm 
Atlantis Expedition Deputy CMO

Claire arched an eyebrow, before taking a studied sip of her coffee. "I'm sure you can," she replied, the tiniest note of amusement in her voice. "Question is, will it be nicely enough?" Of course it would, and she was certain that Caleb knew it.

For just a moment, Claire wondered whether she sensed a hint of fear, maybe even regret, coming from Caleb. The shifting in his seat seemed as though he was uncomfortable about something, and she raised her eyebrows a fraction, questioningly.

As soon as she had formed the thought, however, it appeared as though Caleb was back in full swing with his flirting, and her momentary concern waned, shifting to the back of her mind for now. She hoped that he would feel comfortable enough to tell her if he was having doubts, the same as she had felt safe enough admitting to feeling scared the night before.

A slow blush flamed across Claire's cheeks as Caleb gave her a completely unsubtle reminder of what had happened between them since the night before. It would be funny had it not been true. "I wonder what it would have been like if both had had that control and expertise," she teased. Not that she would ever reach Caleb's level of experience, of course, but she wouldn't want to. That wasn't who she was. As long as the two of them made one another happy, that was enough for her.

Claire rolled her eyes. "You know... if you do it that way, nice as those visits would be..." She paused for a second as Caleb leaned back, pulling his hand away from hers, almost making her groan. "If you don't let me know your schedule in advance, I might go all arse about face, and put myself on opposite shifts to yours." Her eyes held a challenge, before softening to an invitation. "But any visit is welcome."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:57 am 
Australian Defence Force

As per usual, the mess was noisy. Chatter was everywhere, along with the interesting delineation between between military and civilians. It never ceased to amaze Jess exactly how people so reliant on each other for their day to day could be quite so... distant. There were of course the anti-frat rules that prevented anything other than professional friendships, but not even those friendships seemed to be forming amongst the rank-and-file, which could be very much a cause for concern. Or it could be nothing. Either way it was interesting.

Today's slice of life for the young Australian officer was that of the Duty Officer, or the General's bitch if you wanted to use more colourful language, responsible for inspecting facilities and security arrangements within the SGC's confines, unlike whichever poor bastard was the DO today for NORAD upstairs, who actually had to go outside. She'd already done pretty much everything on the list, leaving the mess until last so she could call her recreation break there and not waste any time getting off her feet and get herself a cup or three of what was optimistically called 'coffee'. She still had over twelve hours to go before her duty rolled around and she could fob it off on the next junior officer up for a little sleep deprivation.

While she toured the facilities, doing little more than poking her head in to the kitchen before beating a retreat from the cook's wrath, she noted something odd. A civilian, in this case Dr Te Atua, was sitting alone with a certain Leading Rate Williams, a man she recognised with little difficulty. This in and of itself was not beyond the scope of possibility, friendships were allowed and even encouraged in some cases, but the apparent familiarity between the two struck a chord in her mind. She may have been spectacularly frigid with her social skills, but that didn't mean she was blind. Time for her break? Yes, it was very definitely time for her break. Her radio was clipped onto her belt, so it was really easy to call in that she was taking thirty to ease her feet. A few minutes spent waiting in line for a cup of unsweetened black gold gave her time to think, mostly about how she could approach this. Casually would probably be best, but she was so damned stiff that it was probably going to let them know she was onto them. That was an idea, be subtle. Yep, subtle.

Their table was empty, or near enough as made no difference, save themselves, so it shouldn't be too difficult to ensconce herself there. She strolled over, doing her best to appear entirely nonchalant, stopping directly next to Dr Te Atua.

"Doctor, Rate Williams. You two don't mind if I park myself here, do you? No? Good." She set herself down next to the Kiwi, placing her laden clipboard face-down on the table by sheer force of habit. Time to derail this conversation.

"I tell you, being the DO is probably the most walking I've done in two years. This coming from a JTAC who has worked with Commandos before. Those guys are famous for walking damn near everywhere, yet my feet hurt more right now than I've ever felt them on ops." She paused to take a sip of caffeinated beverage.

"Are you all right, Doctor? You look a little flushed. Feeling a little sick perhaps?" Pfft, sick of waiting for it more like.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:50 pm 
Royal Navy

"Any visit eh, well..." he would have finished his sentence, he had a whole nice little reply to go with that, the smile was firmly in place, the tone of voice was just right. Hell he had even convinced himself he was going to add on a 'sweetheart' again at the end of that sentence. Right up until someone quite literally sat themselves down next to Claire, actually if he had to look any closer he would have said the person was nearly sat on top of the Doctor.

Caleb instinctively sat all the way back in his chair, putting as much distance between himself and Claire - despite already being sat on opposite sides of the table - it wasn't that he was ashamed of what he had been and what he hoped to be doing with the Doctor in the future, but he didn't want it exactly shoved down peoples throats. Also he didn't know the woman well enough to even think about sharing something that was completely well for lack of a better word personal to him.

He put the overly happy, quite flirty smile back on his face, as the woman sat down, he had, had the odd dealing with her before. Nothing as long as what he expected to be happening now, but he'd always been nothing but his happy, polite, friendly and yes flirty self. So yes he was falling back into an old comfortable pattern.

"Of course not, please sit, enjoy," he said, overly friendly. He pushed his uneaten rice pudding that Claire had gotten him towards her, "Pudding? I was going to eat it, but well nothing like sharing is there."

Caleb had to stamp down on the urge to tell the young officer to go away, that him and Claire were enjoying a very peaceful, not quite so innocent dinner before he had to leave her and yes he knew they were in a public place, but dammit he couldn't say anything. He didn't want to say that he wanted to be alone with Claire, that yes although it was public setting, he still wanted it to be just them two, because although his was squashing all the strange feelings twisting at his stomach right then, he didn't want any more gossip spreading about them.

So he kept his mouth shut, shut down all the odd feelings, and slipped back into the flirty, friendly guy that most everyone knew. It was a comfort and confidence thing, it was the face he showed to the world day in and day out.

"Oh she is, ill, that is," he said, smiling at both woman. "It's catching as well," he faked a cough. "Doctor Te Atua was just explaining all the terrible symptoms to me."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:32 pm 
Atlantis Expedition Deputy CMO

It would appear as though their little interlude was well and truly over.

An officious, almost sour-faced Aussie sat down next to her, so close that it was intrusive, and Claire nudged her chair away a few inches. Nothing quite like someone invading your personal space without permission. The Aussie - she thought her name was Nguyen - had "asked", but not given anyone a chance to object. Bloody rude woman. Give someone a clipboard to carry, and it undoubtedly led to a sense of over-inflated self-importance.

Caleb immediately made the switch from sincere and solicitous to his usual charming, flirty self. Claire found it harder to make the adjustment, especially with the other woman's general attitude. It was like sitting next to a freezer, she was so outwardly cold.

Claire stifled a snort of laughter as Caleb offered Nguyen the cold rice pudding. It was barely edible when hot, but when cold, it was like chewing on a piece of lightly sugared rubber. "I wouldn't bother," she said, shrugging with nonchalance as she gave the woman a smile. "Not unless you're wanting to have to pay a visit to the infirmary."

Nguyen made if very clear that she was trying to stamp her authority on the situation by mentioning that she was the duty officer. Taking a sip of her cooling coffee, Claire twitched her eyebrows upwards. "Who'd you piss off to get stuck with that," she asked. It wasn't something that most people sought, not unless they were trying to kiss up to someone.

The comment about her being ill, followed by Caleb's fake cough and joke, riled Claire a little. She'd kick Caleb about that later. "I feel just fine," she said, a small smile on her lips and she studied the other woman's face for a few seconds, a look of pure, medical concern sliding onto her face.

"You're looking a little green, though. Maybe you should see a doctor?"