All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:08 pm 
Civilian

Jake's smile soon grew to match her own, and Ruth glanced down at her food for a moment, her cheeks colouring up as she tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear. "Then I think it's gonna be a fun night," she said, that flirtatious sparkle back in her eyes as she looked back up at Jake. "And even if the restaurant doesn't live up to expectations, I'm sure we can make our own fun."

It looked as though she and Jake had gotten their wires crossed, although for how long, she didn't know. Perhaps this was a recent revelation on both their parts, perhaps not. Not that it mattered. She laughed as Jake winked, shrugging. "Getting desperate in your old age, hon, that's what it is," she grinned, taking another sip of her hot chocolate, now barely even warm.

"So... you want me dressed up or dressed down?" She twitched an eyebrow upwards at Jake, the flirty grin ramped back up to ten.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:49 pm 
US Air Force

Jake notices Ruth's blush, and grinned at it. At least he wasn't the only one blushing in this conversation. "It should be a good night. And if I didn't know any better, I would say you were propositioning me." Jake gave Ruth a wink. "And I don't think age has anything to do with it. You still look as pretty today as you did when we first met."

Jake's neck grew warm at the constant barrage of flirty comments coming from Ruth. He shook his head back and forth as he responded to Ruth's question, "You are in some mood tonight, aren't you? I would say you should dress however you would like. Sexy, comfortable, revealing, conservative, or maybe something easy to take off? I'll leave it up to whatever you and your heart desire." He gave her a grin and a wink before hiding his face behind his coffee cup, taking several big sips and finishing the cup. He was pretty sure the slight blush he felt arriving at the end of his comment was gone by the time he replaced his mug on the tray.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:00 am 
Civilian

"Do you want me to proposition you?"

Ruth's voice was low and teasing, very much reminiscent of the famous line in "The Graduate". Of course, the whole Mrs Robinson dynamic was missing, but the level of flirtation was the same. Her blush deepened, and her eyes sparkled, as Jake complimented her again. "And you just get better looking with age, hon," she chuckled. "If I thought you were drop dead gorgeous when we met, 'devastating' doesn't even begin to cover it now."

She chuckled, twitching her eyebrows upwards. "I guess this is what happens when Mr. Tall, Dark & Handsome invites a girl out on a date," she grinned, her jaw dropping slightly as Jake continued with his comment on her clothing. Ruth snorted with laughter, not missing Jake hiding behind his mug after his more than blatant flirt. "Got plans for the later part of the evening, huh, hon," she giggled, the blush making her cheeks burn. She didn't even bother trying to hide it.

"And what about you? What does your heart desire?" And she wasn't referring to the clothes situation any longer, either. Her voice was soft and sincere as she wondered exactly what Jake was looking to get out of their date.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:10 am 
US Air Force

Ruth Tolliver wrote:
"Do you want me to proposition you?"

"Well, it never hurts a guys ego..." Jake was surprised at his own brazen remarks. Despite his new-found courage, he couldn't stop his cheeks from blushing at Ruth's compliment about his looks though.

Ruth Tolliver wrote:
"Got plans for the later part of the evening, huh, hon," she giggled, the blush making her cheeks burn. She didn't even bother trying to hide it.

The corners of Jake's lips twitched upward into a very subtle smile. "No plans. Maybe a few hopes, but you can't blame a guy for dreaming, can you?" Jake chuckled, looking down at his tray and shaking his head. He let the laughter slowly trail away as Ruth became a bit more serious. He looked up at her, with a much more serious look on his face.

"What do I want? A few extra hours in the day to sleep and spend with people who are worth the time. But since I can't change the laws of physics..." He smiled at her before continuing, "...Realistically, from us? I want us to stay close regardless of how this ends. I want to see where this goes, no pressures, no expectations." Jake tried to bite back the next comment his brain wanted to make, but he never could stop himself from making joking remarks in times of serious relationship-talk. "And lastly, I'd like to see if you look as good without clothes as I've imagined." He gave Ruth a smirk.

As soon as the smirk hit his face, Jake mentally chastised himself. This was the exact reason his last girlfriend had broken up with him. He winced slightly, then, apologetically said, "Sorry, I have a loose connection in the serious-romantic area of my brain. Never have been able to have a serious conversation without making at least one risque or inappropriate statement to ruin the moment."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:31 pm 
Civilian

The blushes were flying thick and fast between she and Jake, and Ruth just couldn't rip the smile from her face. She was feeling like a teenager again, and couldn't really pinpoint why. She and Jake had never really stood a chance back in college, and to get a second chance at something that she had thought was long gone... well, it was exciting, to say the least.

"Okay, likes his ego stroked... got it," she chuckled. "Sounds like Saturday night is gonna be a whole... lot of fun..." The blush was ever present now as the flirting flew back and forth between them, and it was heading onto a level that they'd not previously reached.

Jake's expression sobered at her soft words, and her smile dialled back a notch, although it was still twitching away. "Well, I think we're on the same page, then," she replied softly. "If our friendship can survive our last attempt at dating, it can survive anything, don't you think?" No matter what, Ruth always wanted Jake in her life: after all, he was her best friend, and they were hard to come by. "Let's just see what happens, hon, it's all we can do."

Her eyes widened at his next comment, and he skin flushed scarlet, clashing with her hair as she giggled. "Uuuuh... well... I guess we might be able to arrange that." She winked back at him, shaking her head at his apology. "Don't ever apologise, hon," Ruth replied. "It's not ruined. You'll know if you've ruined the moment, trust me." She gave him a flick of her eyebrows. "I mean... would I still be offering to tuck you in if you'd ruined the moment?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:37 pm 
US Air Force

Jake couldn't believe all that had transpired with Ruth tonight. They went from talking, to flirting, to really flirting, with a date set up and the exposure of some repressed feelings for each other. A pretty eventful night, all in all.

Jake chuckled softly, still blushing slightly with the boldness of words coming from both Ruth and himself. Apparently his last comment had been a bit forward considering Ruth seemed to be put off guard. Apparently it hadn't been ill-received though. "An offer to tuck me in, huh? Is that for Saturday night or redeemable at any time?" Jake chuckled, then scraped his plate clean of the last bits of food.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:49 pm 
Civilian

Ruth was certainly looking at her old friend in a new light. While they had been at college, their dating had been casual, and more about getting to know one another than anything else. It didn't take long for them both to realise that they were each more dedicated to their work than they were to one another, and that had been the beginning of an unbreakable friendship. Ruth wouldn't have had it any other way, looking back on it. She'd never have guessed that Jake had feelings for her, not even up until a few scant minutes beforehand. Just knowing that made sure that the goofy little smile was etched well and truly on to her face.

"You know what, hon, if we keep blushing like this, it's gonna set the sprinklers off, things are getting so warm in here," she chuckled, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

The chuckle turned into a laugh, and Ruth's gaze turned into a mixture of amused and challenging. "Either. Both," she grinned, her eyes locking with Jake's. "The decision is all yours."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:23 pm 
US Air Force

Jake cracked another grin. It felt like his face might be starting to hurt from the number of times that motion had happened tonight. "You know, you're right. We better shape up and act like mature adults." Jake smiled with a mischievous grin in his eye. As his chuckle faded away, he again realized how tired he was. "As much fun as I'm having, I think I'm going to have to head back to my room before I pass out at the table here against my will." He smiled and stood, reaching down to grab his tray, he glanced up at Ruth and said, "Feel free to join me if you'd like. I never can seem to tuck myself in very well..." Without waiting for an answer, he winked at Ruth, turned around with his tray, and slowly walked toward the tray return and the exit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:11 pm 
Civilian

The day had certainly come to an end on a far better note than Ruth could have ever imagined, and her eyes sparkled as she watched Jake across the table. Her weekend had just gotten a whole lot more appealing, and Ruth knew that she would be counting the hours until her date with Jake.

A date. It's truly a date!

"Where's the fun in acting our ages, hon," she grinned, twitching her eyebrows upwards in a fresh tease. Her head cocked to one side in concern as Jake suddenly looked very tired indeed. Truth be told, she was near exhausted herself, but the fun she had been having with Jake had swept that all away. Preparing to pick up her own tray, Ruth chuckled as Jake invited her to make good on her promise and tuck him in. She stood, her eyes never leaving his.

"And you think I won't," she chuckled, catching him up without much effort, and falling into step beside him. "I guess you better let me know just how you like to be tucked in." Then it was her turn to wink as she stepped up the pace a little, slotted her tray into position, and headed for the door. The ball was in Jake's court now, and she wondered just how things would play out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:58 pm 
US Air Force

Jake stood near the tray return, with his jaw hanging slightly. His expression quickly turned from slight shock to a grin as he put his tray up. He shook his head slightly and followed Ruth out the door. He slightly quickened his pace to catch up with her. His eyes only dropped once or twice as he admired the view of Ruth walking in front of him before he managed to catch her. As he came to walk next to her, he playfully nudged her arm with his elbow, turned his head slightly toward her while looking at her out the corner of his eye and said "Hey there gorgeous, going my way?" Jake managed to keep an almost straight face, with only a hint of a grin touching one corner of his mouth, and a glint of mirth in his eyes.

This was going to be an interesting night. And a very interesting weekend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next