All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:06 pm 
OOC

Hey all, I'm going to try and finish the rest of James' bio this week, but wanted to propose a way that he is contacted by the SGC.

Currently, this is included in his profile:

"While on a recent excavation in Peru, a burial tomb was discovered. James was working inside when a strange gauntlet was uncovered. Holding it up to his arm to show his colleagues what it was, it clamped onto his wrist. All efforts to remove it have failed. So far, the only ability of the device discovered is that of a light source. James was contacted by SGC shortly after and brought in for examination."

Didn't know what everyone thought. It could be used as a plot device down the line, but would just be used as an flashlight attached to his arm.

Let me know what you guys think and I can edit his profile accordingly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:28 pm 
Thor

This was the first thing that came to mind: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Atanik_armband

Considering that these are discovered earlyish in season 4, we could have a plot point here. I don't think the light source would be feasible, but perhaps something more... "alien", for want of a better phrase?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:47 pm 
Civilian

I changed the gauntlet that James found to something very similar to the Atanik armband, but with less powerful physical augmentation. Is anyone for or apposed to the idea of a plot in the Infirmary and Medical Labs where James is in isolation, with the SGC waiting for the effects of the armband to wear off?

Potentially including interactions with Sophie and Claire observing him? Possibly Daniel Jackson coming in since he had experience with the armbands previously? Maybe Hammond coming in for a conference to offer James a position at SGC after the band has worn off?

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:49 pm 
Thor

The armbands haven't been found in canon... yet. ;)

I'm figuring that the armband will drop off, and then perhaps be delivered to the Tok'ra? But yes, I'm up for the plot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:57 pm 
US Army

Anni wrote:

I'm figuring that the armband will drop off, and then perhaps be delivered to the Tok'ra? But yes, I'm up for the plot.

In that vein, maybe something from the site where James found the armband helps lead the Tok'ra to the armbands from the episode? That'd tie into the canon events neatly, and if James was actively involved in the work that led to the armbands (maybe deciphering the gate address of the Atanik world from something that was at his work site?), we could have a good reason for him being offered a job at the SGC.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:06 pm 
Civilian

Josephine Davidson wrote:
Anni wrote:

In that vein, maybe something from the site where James found the armband helps lead the Tok'ra to the armbands from the episode? That'd tie into the canon events neatly, and if James was actively involved in the work that led to the armbands (maybe deciphering the gate address of the Atanik world from something that was at his work site?), we could have a good reason for him being offered a job at the SGC.

Nicely done! That ties everything up with a nice pretty bow, now doesn't it?

Would someone else like to start the post or should I?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:39 pm 
Thor

Feel free to go ahead and start, I'm poking at a little something for the Alpha Site at the moment, which would include James as well, as long as you're happy to run two threads at a time? Gotta love fluid time. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:42 pm 
Civilian

I'm happy to run as many as you want to throw at me. As long as I have a good idea about which comes when and where, it should be fine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:44 pm 
Thor

I was aiming to have the Alpha Site thread running at the same time as the current mission, most likely, with all the participants already having been on the Alpha site for about 36 hours, if that's okay?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:45 pm 
Civilian

Sounds good! How long would you estimate James to have been at SGC by the time he was sent offworld?