All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:09 pm 
Royal Navy

He smiled at her knowingly as her hands slipped to a stop just before they slipped over into dangerous territory. Honestly he might know how to drive Claire mad with a look, a word, the right touch in just the right place at the right time, but she could also do the same to him. Really he was sure there was a number of times already he was meant to have died just from the way she kissed him, of course he was very happy he hadn't, but still. It would be a brilliant way to go.

Caleb loved that they were as openly affectionate here where there was no restraints against either of them, hell he was surprised that he himself felt comfortable enough doing such things in public. Especially considering most of his public displays of affection were normally followed with a pick up line and a drink. Not necessarily in that order either.

So he felt good that standing there on the street in the sun, with a woman that he honestly thought would not have taken him seriously if he'd asked her out on a date two months ago. It was a nice feeling, something he wanted to make last for as long as was possible, especially considering as soon as they boarded that plane back to America there wasn't going to be much time to be this sappy, this romantic with one another.

"You're a real sweetheart, letting me eat all the sweet stuff in this bakery," he teased winking at her, "Sure you're not worried about me putting weight on?" he asked still in that teasing tone, as one of his hands left her waist to pat at the flat stomach. There was no way on this planet he would be putting weight on any time soon, even with the amount that he could actually put away, he was far to active for it ever be anything other than muscle mass.

He couldn't help wrinkling his nose up at the mention of the pie she mentioned, "You have some weird taste Claire," he said, he had never really liked cheese, could eat it but he didn't like it all that much. Something which he wasn't sure if had actually mentioned to Claire before.

Caleb took hold of her hand, fingers interlocking as he followed her in the direction this bakery was in, "My sweet tooth is always satisfied with you around honey," he said, before completely breaking into laughter. It was the endearment, of everything he had called her - even from the time when they were friends - he had never called her honey and was not going to again either. The word sounded weird in his mouth, even weirder than the Maori for wife and he'd had to work to say that word. It wasn't fitting for there relationship, it didn't sound right, "Okay, don't let me say that again."

Once he had finished laughing, he took a moment to take in the question she had asked, did he want to do any of the touristy stuff? Well yeah he kind of did because mainly he never got to do touristy stuff ever, but well he would have no idea where to start or what to ask for. It was something else that was a little out of his depth, asking for something that he wasn't sure what he was asking for, it was something that he knew he had come along way in doing, especially with Claire by his side. Half the time she forced him to ask for something he didn't even know he wanted, half the time that was just generally for a hug, but sometimes it was for bigger things.

"Touristy stuff sounds fun," he hedged carefully, hand still holding hers tightly, "Of course I've no idea what that invovles."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:57 pm 
Atlantis Expedition Deputy CMO

Claire returned Caleb's knowing smile, and, for just a second, she let her hands stray lower, giving his arse a quick squeeze, before returning her fingers to somewhere entirely more proper. She knew he'd get payback for that later, it was just a case of when and where. And Claire couldn't wait. They were like a couple of teenagers around one another, and she wouldn't change it for anything.

The bustle of Karangahape Road was more vibrant than she remembered it, even just from a couple of years ago when she was last there. Like many parts of Auckland, it was undergoing regeneration, and - thankfully - not much in the way of gentrification. K Road had a personality all its own, and if it became too upmarket, it would lose a lot of its charm.

Claire giggled as Caleb teased her about his putting on weight. "I'm sure we can think of ways for you to work it off," she grinned. "I might even have to join you in having an eclair or something, that is if you don't eat them all." Caleb could put away a scary amount of food sometimes. Not that he ever seemed to put on a gram, that is. If anything, Caleb looked better now than he had when she had met gim a year beforehand. She had the distinct feeling that he was going to be one of those blokes who just got better with age.

Laughing again as Caleb cast aspersions on the merits of a mince and cheese pie, Claire shook her head. "Tell you what, have a taste of mine, then make up your mind," she grinned. The Hollywood Bakery's pies were great, and she often used to treat herself to one when on lunchbreak at Starship. It would be good to have one again.

"Honey???" Claire's voice was an incredulous snort of laughter as Caleb used an endearment which sounded clumsy and forced on his lips. "That's a new one," she chuckled, nodding as he told her not to let him say it again. "Sounds good to me," she grinned. At least she stuck to endearments in Te Reo, which seemed to drive him nuts. She certainly enjoyed the fruits of that.

Claire watched the thoughts play out over Caleb's face as he considered whether he wanted to do anything touristy while they were in Auckland. After all, it was a holiday for them both, even though they were visiting both sets of parents, and if he wanted to do some typically touristy things, then she could arrange that. "Okay, so we'll play the tourists, laughing at the JAFAs," she grinned.

Claire looked thoughtful for a moment. "So... any idea what kind of thing you want? There's the Skytower, which is the tallest structure in En Zed, and you can even walk around the outside at 192 metres up, or jump off it. Or there's the aquarium, the zoo, the Domain - a bloody big park, really - any of those float your boat?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:26 pm 
Royal Navy

Caleb couldn't help laughing as Claire's hands slipped lower and ended up squeezing his arse, honestly the woman was notorious for such things but yet he was the one that often got accused of corrupting her, honestly no one was anywhere near the truth with the pair of them half the time. He just took a moment to look her, to make her notice that he was looking at her as though he had seen her naked - which he had - and exactly what he was going to do to her to pay her back for that. Really if they had been anywhere else but out on the public street, he would have taken her back to the room and spent a very, very long and slow time driving her out of her mind. There was a hidden talent he had for that and he would put it into full force just for that.

There didn't need to be words exchanged on that, all he did was look at her, smile ever so sweetly at her before they carried on there way. They really were like a pair of kids at times, there was just something about Claire that made him feel like he was seventeen again, exploring the ways to make not only his own body but his partners body sing both at the same time. There were even days when he wanted to do nothing but just be in her company as though he was afraid he'd miss something, it was silly and romantic and just, when had he turned into this bloke?

The one that would laugh, and tell innuendos to her even whilst they were in public, to the hand holding that was currently going on. He didn't know when it had happened, when he had changed so completely but still remained the same, it was scary and thrilling all at the same time.

"An eclair eh? Now what happens if I don't want to share my precious chocolate with you?" he asked in an overly teasing haughty tone. If there was one thing he constantly shared with Claire it was chocolate, in fact since that first time when they had shared dinner he couldn't remember the last time he had, had a piece of chocolate all to himself. He just found he wouldn't change it for the world.

Caleb was glad when the 'honey' endearment got turned down once more, he really had no idea where it had come from and it didn't sit well for him. Honestly he wasn't some twenty something trying to sound all cool in front of his girlfriend, he was a thirty something having learnt 'wife' in Maori for his wife. He bent down slightly and quickly placed a kiss on the side of her cheek as that thought ran through him, wife, it was the first time he had really thought the word even to himself and it sat really well. He just preferred saying the word in Maori instead of English, "E hoa wahine," he whispered in her ear, just purely for her to hear.

Then she rattled off a whole list of exactly what touristy stuff they could do, and although the list wasn't massive, he honestly had no idea which to pick from first. He thought about it for a moment or two, if he chose the park they could quite literally go to the bakery and recreate the picnic he had tried to give to her after he had messed up that very first time. But there was something about that, that he didn't want to indulge in just yet, maybe he could pack up a half hearted picnic once they got to Atlantis to celebrate being in a different galaxy.

"Skytower," he answered finally, still holding her hand. "Get to see all of New Zealand then without having to get back on a plane."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:31 am 

The look on Caleb's face told Claire exactly what he had in mind for payback for grabbing his arse there on the street, and a mischievous sparkle danced in her eyes, her expression telling him to bring it on. Caleb seemed to take great delight in driving her wild whenever she did something like that, and it was something that she welcomed. No other man had ever been able to elicit the feelings - both emotional and physical - that Caleb had. It was intoxicating, and, in its way, addictive, addictive to the point where she would happily move to another galaxy to be with him.

It had taken her a while to realise, but Claire finally knew that this was what love was all about. The relationship that she had with Caleb was the full package: the closeness, the trust, the deep friendship, all bundled together with an unquenchable sexual attraction, fun, a willingness to tease one another, and total, one hundred percent honesty. It was something that Claire had never thought she would find, and she felt truly privileged to have found that relationship with her best friend.

Caleb's eyes were sparkling as they stood there on the street, teasing one another as much as they could get away with. He had turned out to be a real romantic, something that had obviously been buried under that womanising exterior. Claire had never been with such a romantic bloke, in fact, and it was refreshing and exciting. It was something that she hoped wouldn't dissipate throughout their relationship.

She laughed as Caleb threatened to withhold the eclair from her. "I don't know, I think it'd be more fun if you did share it," she replied, her voice full of innocence, even as her eyes wore a wicked sparkle. "And I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss out on that. Would you?" She gave his hand a squeeze as they walked down the street, oblivious to everyone other than Caleb.

That obliviousness only increased as Caleb murmured in her ear, the Māori words for "wife" sending a shiver through her once more. "E te tau," she replied, her voice soft and husky as the smile grew on her lips once more. Spotting a break in the traffic, she tugged Caleb across the road, right outside the bakery. The scents coming from within were intoxicating, to say the least. Okay, maybe not a mince and cheese pie, maybe a bacon and egg pie, or picnic pie...

Claire's stomach gave a loud grumble as Caleb decided he wanted to visit the Skytower. "Just for a look, or do you want to do the walk or jump," she asked. If it was the walk or jump, they'd have to call and book. Claire had done the walk many times, but never the jump. If Caleb was up for it, that would be one hell of an experience. Once again, Claire turned to face Caleb, her fingers lacing around the back of his neck. "Anyway, food first, death defying stunts later. Shall we eat?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:02 pm 
Royal Navy

First Claire had squeezed his arse out in public - not a bad thing, not a bad thing at all - but then, then she had to go and tease him about sharing an eclair. There was a sparkle of something attention grabbing as he watched her tease him about sharing the sweet pastry, it was so much so that he hadn't even really paid attention as she had pulled him across the road. Hand held tightly in his, it was silly, they were quite literally racing around the city like a pair of teenagers worried they were about to be busted by there parents. Thankfully that hadn't actually happened yet, despite the many 'private' moments they'd shared so far over the weekend.

"Oh I don't know, depends on what you're going to promise me if I share," he said, quietly to her, his thumb running over the back of her hand where he was holding it. He had a completely teasing yet serious look on his face, "I mean after all, this is an eclair we're talking about, it's got chocolate on it, cream in it, it's quite literally just stuffed with all kinds of sweetness. Do you think you could be that Claire?" his voice had dropped so only she would be able to hear as he whispered, "Do you want to be full of sweetness?" He stopped talking letting the overly cheeky innuendo sink in, before standing back up straight and saying in a normal voice, "Or are you just going to stick with your savoury pies?"

The fact that he had been so blatantly obvious about exactly what he was planning on happening later that night, and be in public whilst he said it, well there was definitely no way they would have been able to get away with such blatant talk back at the SGC. He just gave her hand another squeeze as they stopped outside of the bakery, the smells that were coming from the place were pretty indescribable. He knew he wasn't going to be able to forget that smell any time soon.

Caleb quite literally took a moment to let what she had just said about the sky tower sink in, he had no idea you could jump off the thing. Of course he was use to being underwater than floating through the air, but the idea intrigued him, gave him a spike of adrenalin as he thought about doing such a thing. "Lets do the death defying jump," he said, smiling brightly at her, "Sounds fun, if that's what you want to do of course? Are you afraid of heights?" he asked, realising he had never actually asked her such a question before.

Back at the SGC everyone was under constant extremes all the time from one thing to another, so he honestly had no idea if a little thing like heights would bother a person.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:12 pm 

Caleb's eyes took on a new fire as she teased him about sharing a chocolate eclair, and Claire flashed him a bright smile. However, that bright smile was accompanied by a flashing in her eyes, tempered to a smouldering heat, a heat that only grew as they reached the other side of the road and Caleb started to trace his thumb over the back of her hand. Her face flushed, and Claire's mind started heading in directions that would most certainly not lead anywhere other than back to Pukekohe, or the nearest hotel.

Claire held Caleb's gaze as his spoke, his voice low and quiet and utterly seductive. The expression he wore meant business, but in a very specific way, and she shivered once more, all her focus on where Caleb's thumb was drawing patterns on the back of her hand.

That focus was shattered, however, as he said something that was far more blatant an innuendo than Claire could remember him ever having said before. The look on her face was one of amused shock, and she spat out a giggle, her eyes wide and her smile incredulous as she looked at Caleb. It took a few seconds for her to collect herself, and she slid her free arm around his waist, pulling his body close to hers.

"I'd say it was more salty than sweet, so the savoury suits me perfectly," she murmured, her voice husky with desire and her eyes dark green pools that could barely disguise the lust that Caleb was eliciting from her. The bugger knew full well what he was doing to her, too, and would no doubt be loving every minute of it.

She knew that she was.

Caleb never left her in any doubt as to what he wanted, and this time was no exception. Sure, the manner in which he had told her had shocked her a little, but not in a bad way. If she were honest, she was glad that he felt comfortable enough to make such innuendos, whether in public or not.

Claire grinned as Caleb suggested the Skyjump. "Sounds good to me," she said, holding him close for another few seconds, relishing the feel of his body against hers. She shook her head as he asked whether she had a problem with heights. "Nope, I'm good with that," she said, her smile growing wider. "I've done the Skywalk, as well as bungy jumped off the Harbour Bridge, and the famous Kawarau Bridge in Queenstown." She had been a bit of an adrenaline junkie before moving to America, and it was an incredible feeling to have some of that spark coming back, as well as being able to share it with Caleb.

"Let's go in, and I'll book while we're eating." Giving his hand one more squeeze, Claire headed inside, dropping into the queue at the counter. "We'll get our food, then go grab a table." They were lucky in that the cafe was relatively empty. Claire scanned the menu, finally making up her mind. "What're you having? This is my treat."

---------------------------------------

He glanced inside the bakery: the queue was short, and there were a few tables free, although he most likely ought to get his food and go. He had a mountain of paperwork to get through, and it wouldn't be getting any smaller if he sat around here eating.

"Bugger," he muttered, as his phone rang. He took the call, spitting out the information his secretary asked for. Couldn't she wait until he was back on the office? As the call dragged on, the queue grew, two couples heading in and taking their place. At this rate, he wouldn't even have time to eat while walking back, he'd have to let it get cold and eat in his office. Not what he had planned.

Eventually, the call ended, and he dropped into the queue at the back, fully prepared to order his usual. However, he was a little jolted as he looked down the queue, feeling a rush of faint recognition as he looked at the back of a woman in a teal green sundress. There was something familiar about the petite frame, something that tugged at a long ago memory.

Narrowing his eyes, he dismissed it. There must be a thousand women in Auckland of that colouring and build. Instead, he turned his concentration back to the menu. Far more interesting than some random woman cuddling up to a pākeha*.

* - white European New Zealander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:31 pm 
Royal Navy

Caleb was quite proud of himself that he managed to shock out a laugh from Claire after his comment, he honestly hadn't meant to be that blatantly obvious in public but well sometimes he couldn't really stop himself. Plus despite the desire and the heat rising between them at the moment, it was always something to know that he had once again surprised Claire. It was something that he was never going to tire of, making her surprised with the silliest, joking things he could come up with, also with the truth as well.

Of course he pretty much had to eat his own words as Claire remarked just as calmly back to him, the woman drove him nuts, there was a definite heat tickling away at his collar that had bascially nothing what so ever to do with the New Zealand weather. If he knew Claire hadn't made plans for the rest of the day he would have been dragging her right back to the truck they had had taken, finding a secluded place and just completely enjoying every promise he had made in that moment.

As it was he knew they were making plans, they had places to be, people to probably chat to, so as she pulled him closer slightly - an arm snaking around his waist once more - he stamped down on the heat a little bit in his gaze. Told his libido to go and take a hike for the next hour, because now that he was stood in the queue, with Claire tucked into his side, well for one he was hungry and his stomach was making it's protests known, but two he also wanted to do the touristy stuff she had suggested.

The queue wasn't that long in the bakery, the smells coming from the place was amazing, as he took a moment to glance around, it was a nice place. He could tell why Claire liked the place so much, it had a touch of the homely feel to it. Caleb listened as Claire told him exactly what she had done, from the Skyjump to the bridge, honestly he was beginning to feel more like a tourist as she rattled the list off.

"So are you telling me Dr Te Atua, that you are a pro at all these touristy things," he teased, wrapping his own arm around her. There was something nice about being able to be this close in public.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:01 pm 

Claire would never have described herself as the flirtatious type before meeting Caleb, but, from the moment they had met, they had clicked. Her sense of humour meshed with his so well that flirtation seemed natural, right from that first dirty remark that Caleb had made, to which Claire had responded in kind. The flirting continued, even now, on a far more intense scale than she had ever heard him flirt with anyone else, and she loved that he had managed to shock her, just a little, with his latest innuendo.

She was in no doubt as to what he had planned for them later, and she wholeheartedly agreed. Claire had never desired a man as much as she desired Caleb, and could only hope that it continued for many years to come. There was a little flush to his cheeks as she returned his innuendo, and she gave his waist a little squeeze. "Later, e turua*," she replied, her voice a deep, seductive murmur, loud enough only for him to hear.

The bakery was getting a little busier as they waited in line, but they were quickly served, Claire ordering the steak and cheese pie with a portion of chips, a glass of still lemonade, and paid for her meal and whatever Caleb ordered too. "There's a nice quiet table over there," she said, pointing to the back corner. Slightly in shadow, it was as private as they were going to get for now. "That one okay?"

---------------------------------------------------------

It couldn't be.

The woman had turned around after paying for her food, her hand still tangled with the blond man's fingers, and it was her.

Claire Te Atua.

In the flesh. Tama Apirana breathed in sharply as he watched the couple - after all, they were very obviously together - moving away from the counter and towards a table. He was almost on autopilot as he inched forward through the line, not able to take his eyes off the two of them as they laughed and joked together, feeling as though he had been punched in the gut.

Right in front of him was the woman he should have married, but, instead, had screwed around on and screwed up in more ways than one. He hadn't heard she was back in town, but why should he? Last thing he had heard was that she had left her job in Wellington, and had left the country. Seeing her back here, in a place they used to visit together... well, that hurt. Without thinking about it, he placed his order, and waited for them to make his sandwich.

* - handsome

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:40 pm 
Royal Navy

They seemed to get to the front of the line and get there goods in what seemed like a matter of seconds, Caleb taken a quick look around the small place as Claire picked up there items. It was nice and small in the bakery, with some amazing smells coming from the cooked stuff and some of the cold stuff as well.

He found himself wanting to do this all the time, share a weekend away with Claire, do the silly touristy things, hold her hand in public and just be...for lack of a better word he just wanted to be normal with her. It wasn't like either of them got to be normal in there jobs after all, so this, well he was immensely enjoying himself being out with her. Laughing, joking, telling each other silly little innuendos as they had walked, it was normal and something he realised he didn't want to give up any time soon.

As Claire pointed out a small table in the back that was not only empty but fairly private - or as private as the place could get - he nodded his agreement and let her lead the way. He brushed past a couple of people as he made his way over to the table, muttering apologies as his hand never seemed to leave Claire's back.

Caleb realised this was probably what normal couples did, they went out and got pastry's with each other whenever the mood took them. He really would love to have done that more back in Colorado, to have been able to just go down to the infirmary and pull Claire away for a few hours, but it wasn't always practical to do such things. There had been times when there shifts hadn't lined up, and they hadn't had the time off together - although he made sure to make sure there breaks had lined up - or when an emergency had happened for either of them.

As he took his place next to Claire, he smiled at her, once more looking over the small bakery, keeping the smile on his face, he said, "There has been a bloke watching you since we came in here," he kept the smile on his face, nodding his head in the general direction, "or he's been watching me, but am not as pretty looking."

It was meant as tease, a joke, something that hope would make her feel flattered that someone else was very clearly looking at her. There was a small tiny part of himself that had when he first picked up on felt threatened, but, well that disappeared quickly enough. He just felt slightly happy that someone would look at Claire near enough in the same way he often looked at her, and he knew she looked amazing that day.

"Clearly this means you are the hottest thing in here," he whispered in her ear, brushing a chaste kiss just below her ear.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:28 pm 

Claire had forgotten how much she had loved this bakery. The pies were to die for, and well, she knew she shouldn't have the chips, but the scent of them was just too, too tempting. She loved the feeling of Caleb's hand on her back as they moved through the small cafe, enjoying the ability to just be a normal couple, not worrying about whether or not they were seen, or by whom.

To what extent they would be able to be a "normal" couple in Atlantis remained to be seen. However, it couldn't be as difficult as it was at the SGC, where full military protocol was expected to be followed. Atlantis was going to be more like a colony than a military base, and, from their discussion with Elizabeth Weir, it sounded as though their relationship was going to be permitted - if not encouraged - to be public knowledge. It would likely come as a surprise to some people, and Claire couldn't care less. It wasn't their problem.

Claire grinned, a hand slipping onto Caleb's thigh as he slipped into the seat beside her, rather than opposite her. Making sure not to lean back against the wall, so as not to aggravate her tattoo, Claire tried - and failed - to look affronted as Caleb swiped one of her chips. There was no way she was going to eat them all anyway, and, as Caleb had only ordered a couple of chocolate eclairs, she was in no doubt that he would help himself.

Frowning slightly, Claire looked up as Caleb told her that there was someone watching her. "I think you're probably seeing things," she shrugged, doing no more than glancing and not paying attention, her face colouring up as Caleb continued with the flattery. "Besides, what makes you think that he's not watching you?" Her voice was teasing, and, this time, she looked up properly.

"Oh fuck."

Her eyes locked on the man in question, and Claire squeezed Caleb's thigh more firmly, almost as though she were hanging onto him for comfort or security. And perhaps she was. Staring right back at her, even as he paid for his sandwich, was the biggest arsehole in New Zealand, Tama Apirana.

Her face paled as she turned back to Caleb, her eyes widened in shock. "It's... it's Tama," she murmured, before her eyes were drawn back to the man in question. She hadn't seen him in over five years, and he still looked - maddeningly - as fit and handsome as he had the last time she had seen him. However, she found herself no longer affected by his good looks. Instead, Caleb was the only man who did anything for her now. And she wouldn't have it any other way.

Tama, though, hadn't missed the kiss that the man casually dropped onto Claire's neck, an intimate kiss just below her ear that spoke of possession, at least in his eyes. He had half expected the two of them not to notice him, then Claire locked eyes with him. "Ah shit," he muttered, even as he paid for his sandwich. No easy escape for him. Instead, he plastered on a polite smile and headed over, as though it was the most natural thing in the world for him to be talking to his ex-fiancee and... well, whoever the bloke was sat next to her.

"Claire," he said smoothly, as he reached the table. "You... look good." Despite the smooth start, his finish was less than confident, and Claire squeezed Caleb's thigh again, trying her best sparkling smile for Tama. She wasn't sure it worked. "Tama, what a surprise," she said, trying to keep her tone light. "Caleb, this is Tama. Tama, this is Caleb, my..." She glanced at Caleb for a moment, reaching for his hand and lacing her fingers with his. "My husband."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next