All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:08 pm 
Beta Site CMO

By now, Claire could tell in a heartbeat when Caleb was serious, and when he was pissing about for the sake of it. This time was the latter. The impish sparkle in his eyes said it all, even as he tried to sound as serious as possible. For her part, Claire tried to keep a lid on her grin, and failed, chuckling as he told her that she was forever stuck in the sailor outfit. She gave Caleb a mock pout. "Well, that's pretty crappy," she said, unable to keep the amusement out of her voice. "Maybe I should start enforcing all the strange doctor rules that exist." Of course, there were none, but it was always good to tease Caleb.

The smile seemed permanently etched onto Claire's lips now, and her cheeks hurt. She was having more fun on a night out than she could ever remember having. Not only were they in a place she had always wanted to visit, but to be taking a trip with Caleb made it all the brighter, all the better. They had no constraints on their time, nothing they had to do other than enjoy being together.

Who knew when - or if - they would get the chance to spend so much time in one another's company once they made the move to Atlantis? They had to make the most of what they had, because the few weeks until they departed would be frenetic with preparations.

Claire laughed out loud as Caleb made out as though he was the messiest bugger on the planet. "You forget, I've seen your quarters," she grinned. "I don't think I've ever seen a place so sickeningly neat." While Claire's apartment wasn't dirty, she wasn't as meticulously tidy as Caleb, and she wondered, just for a moment, whether he would be able to live with that, or whether it would get right on his tits in no time at all.

"Ever the pragmatist, aren't you," replied Claire. He was right. It was doubtful that music was something they would come to blows over. So far, they hadn't had a single argument, not even a minor one, which was unusual. Even the revelation that Caleb was going to Atlantis hadn't triggered a fight, just a quiet, calm discussion. It couldn't always be that way, though, Claire knew that. However, she didn't think that they were the kind of couple who would have stand up arguments, screaming and getting all red-faced. She didn't know how they would react, but would be surprised if anything got that out of control.

"And I love you, e ipo," breathed Claire, once more surprised that Caleb had felt comfortable enough to tell her that he loved her in public. It seemed as though his tightly-buttoned feelings were loosening up, and he was becoming more able to express himself. Claire felt truly privileged, if that was the case.

Claire cocked her head, as though mulling over the age thing. "Thirty eight... the age we are now," she mused, before shrugging. "Seems like a plan to me. Or... we could just age backwards? What do you think?" It was a silly conversation, like so many that they had between them, and all the more fun for being pointless. Claire loved being able to talk about both serious and silly topics with Caleb. It made life interesting.

That kiss was almost the undoing of Claire, and it had taken a massive amount of resolve and self control to pull away from it, rather than to tug Caleb by the hand into a darkened doorway and let things develop. He really was too irresistible for his own good, and she was certain that he knew it, too. There was no doubt that Caleb played on it as far as she was concerned, knowing full well the reactions he could elicit from her with just a look, or a touch, or a kiss.

"Oh, now that's a question," she groaned, her voice soft and husky. "It's a shame we can't go dancing at the hotel, so we could take our leave whenever we wanted to, and head up to our room." It was a lovely thought, but, at that moment, they were at the crossroads: either go dancing, and resist one another for the rest of the evening, or give in to where the kiss wass leading, and head back to their hotel.

It was a hard, cruel choice.

"Kiss me like that again, and there'll be no dancing of the vertical variety tonight," murmured Claire, lifting her fingers to brush Caleb's lips with a barely-there touch. "Do you have a preference?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:00 pm 
Royal Navy

Caleb had been laughing lightly the whole time Claire had been 'mock putting' and he could tell it was a mock pout, he knew what she looked like in many different emotions and could always tell when she was joking. Which was a good thing, it meant he knew when to push further along with his own joking and when to actually make the conversation a touch more serious. For someone who spent most of his time working with his hands and knowing every in and out of every weapon he had ever handled, he was decidedly good at being able to tell what Claire wanted from him at most times.

Of course the laughing stopped when she mentioned doctors rules, “Do you really think that medical rules are stranger than military rules?” he asked, still that joking tone to his voice. Was he really going to start a rule off with Claire in the middle of the streets, damn right he was, he was intrigued to see what silliness she could come up with to be honest.

“Wait, wait, you've seen my quarters,” he said mock outrage playing across his face, “I thought ladies were never meant to enter a gentleman quarters without asking first.” Of course he had been there at the time, hell he'd welcomed her in with open arms – and an open jacket, open trousers but that was besides the point –. Sickeningly neat was definitely one way to describe his quarters, he could tell she didn't mean it horribly, but he realised the difference between spending time in her apartment to his quarters.

Her apartment was lived in, was like a proper home with the odd towel left on the floor of the bathroom for good measure at times, but that was what he wanted, he wanted a home and somehow he had found that with Claire. So he had said yes to the moving in, because he wanted to feel at home even more and if they only had them couple of weeks before they go to Atlantis living together – assuming they might not be able to share quarters once out there – it would be enough for him.

That's right, Pragmatist Petter Officer at your service,” he said, smiling at her brightly, this time offering her a small salute. Honestly he didn't think they would ever get into a fight, well part of him hoped they wouldn't, but he also didn't think that everything would stay the way it was, it was only natural for them to grow as a couple and he was sure there would be a bump or two along the way.

Caleb nodded his head at her as she seemed to contemplate the age thing, “The age we are now, yes,” he repeated quietly. “Ageing backwards sounds like it could be fun? How many years though, you don't want to go too far back now?” It was one of the oddest conversations they had had, he gave her that, of all the things they could talk about out in the open he supposed ageing backwards was not one of the weirdest ones they could have. At least for that they weren't breaking any classified rules, weren't likely to make the public aware of any secret government plans. Not that he was sure anyone would believe them, after all it was Halloween, they were in New Orleans.

The husky tone of Claire's voice was pretty much all it took to make him feel weak at the knees, honestly the woman could go from being bright, bubbly – joking about ageing – right to basically a seductive temptress in a split second. Honestly he was surprised he didn't get whip lash how quickly the heat between them changed, of course he was just as bad and he knew it.

He smiled cheekily at her, glancing around before pulling her towards a darker area of the street, he pressed her up against the cold building before repeating the kiss once more, hands sliding ever lower as he did so, he met skin a lot sooner than he anticipated whilst she was in the short skirt.

Pulling away, breathing heavily he said to her, “The hotel would never allow our dancing, of course we don't have to show anyone our dancing,” he raked his eyes up and down her body, his hand starting to push up the tight dress slightly, just enough to expose more skin but nothing more.

“Dancing in private sounds wonderful,” he said, his own voice having dropped several tones deeper, as he resisted the urge to lean his whole body into her. They were still in public for now, and yes there was something about doing this that sent a thrill up his spine, but he would stop if she told him to.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:42 pm 
Beta Site CMO

"Oh, I bet I could find some old, archaic rules, probably written in Latin, that would flummox you," Claire asserted, her brain working fast to try to come up with something. A slow smile spread across Claire's face, just for a moment, before she replaced it with an expression that could only be described as pious. "For example, did you know that, the first time you kiss a doctor, you're supopsed to pledge an internal organ to them?" She barely managed to sound serious for the entirety of the statement, and rolled up laughing as soon as she'd spat the words out.

"See? Doctors are a lot more demanding than you military lot," she giggled, giving up on any pretence of a serious conversation. It just wouldn't happen, especially not tonight. Besides, this was a weekend for fun, for laughter, just enjoying one another's company. The less serious conversations, the better, as far as Claire was concerned.

Claire laughed once more as Caleb tried - and failed - to appear outraged at the thought that she had seen his quarters, knowing full well that he was the one who had invited her in, almost dragging her in through the doors when he knew that there would be nobody else around. Not that they had used either of their quarters at the SGC very often, but there had been times, especially before their shifts had aligned, when they hadn't been able to help themselves.

"You know, I always felt afraid to even touch anything in your quarters," she teased. "Is that a military thing? Can I expect to come home and find that you've lined up all the knives and forks to within a certain distance of each other?" She doubted it, but it was an amusing thought, nonetheless.

Caleb seemed to be enjoying his new rank. It was about time, too. He had been a Leading Rate for far too long, and, at last, the mission to Tollana had given him the opportunity to shine, and show what he was capable of. "So... you're at my service... just what service would that be," she grinned, her expression nothing but pure mischief.

Claire thought for a moment. "Actually, I'm not sure I'd want to age backwards," she admitted. "There's something attractive about the thought of growing old with you. Besides, I'm happier now than I've ever been, and... I wouldn't want to lose that." It had taken a long time, but Claire was finally happy in her own skin, and really wouldn't want to go back to the years when she had struggled with finding her way in the world, whether or not she had Caleb by her side. Those difficult times were behind her now, and she wouldn't want to repeat them.

She almost squeaked in surprise as Caleb's arm tightened around her waist, and he pulled her into the dark spot between the street lights. Quick as a flash, he pushed her up against the wall, kissing her with so much fervour it was probably illegal. That melted any last resistance that Claire had, and dancing was the last thing on her mind now. She had warned Caleb that if he repeated the kiss, they wouldn't be heading any further than their hotel, and what had he gone and done?

Claire moaned softly into the kiss as Caleb reached down and pushed the hem of her skirt up slightly, moving the fabric above her knees, so that some thigh was exposed. The street was busy, but nobody seemed to be paying them any attention. She almost yelped as Caleb's fingers brushed the bare skin above the stocking, and it was only Caleb pulling away, his heavy breathing matching hers, that stopped her from returning the favour and sliding a hand under his tight t-shirt.

"It's a good thing nobody can see into our room, then," she murmured against Caleb's lips. "We can get som music going, dance in private, like you say..."

And then the rain hit.

Cold, torrential, icy needles against her skin. "Oh fuck," yelled Claire, her voice something of a strangled giggle. In mere seconds, she was soaked to the skin, and she looked at Caleb, mascara streaking down her cheeks and her hair in rat tails against her cheeks. "So what now, Casanova? Suggestions on a postcard please!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:34 pm 
Royal Navy

"You would probably most definitely be right, they didn't teach us Latin in military school," he said, laughing slightly as she told him exactly what rule she had made up. He couldn't help laughing along with her as she broke into a smile, honestly they sometimes had the most weirdest conversations, but that just made him love her even more.

"Well if that is true," he started smiling at her, "Then I guess am off the hook, you've already taken my heart after all." Good god he had gone sappy again, he was going to blame the atmosphere of New Orleans, the woman he was with or maybe he just shouldn't have had the two beers. Either way he had gone all romantic on her once more, in the middle of a silly conversation this time as well, honestly he was quite glad no one from the SGC could hear him then. He could just imagine the teasing he'd get from them .

Caleb laughed as she asked about the military knife and fork thing, honestly he knew exactly how to do that, had actually done it once as well, but it just made things complicated and unnecessary in so many ways.

"Hey don't mock the knife and fork thing, you never know when a knife and fork is going to come in handy, of course it's not the knife and fork you have to worry about. It's the spoon," he was trying to be deadly serious, but the tone of his voice, the silly look on his face again he wasn't fooling anyone. "You have to watch out for them spoons. Also when you go into my quarters, please feel free to touch anything, anything you wish." He added a wink on at the end just for good measure of course.

Then the conversation diverted right back to flirting, with a heavy dose of innuendo slapped right into the middle of it as well. The smile went back to being cheeky, and honestly the amount of different conversations they were having that night, it felt good that most of them felt natural to him, it didn't feel force or anything.

"I am at what ever service the lady wishes," he said quietly.

"See you say that now, but what happens when I go grey? Or you go grey? Or," he paused for a moment for effect and for another thing that could happen. When the idea popped into his head, he tried his best to sound serious as he suggested, "Or what happens when I get a beard? You won't want to age with me then." he said.

Actually it was what he was looking forward to the most in all honesty, the first time he had felt that he actually wanted to watch as Claire got older, wanted to see the start of her hair going grey - yes so he could tease her about it - to see the lines on her face appear and know that the majority of them would be because she had such a good time with him. He wanted to see that transition happen and it was more commitment than any marriage certificate he could think to sign.

Of course then all conversation was ceased as he ended up pushing her up against a wall, a very comfortable look wall he might add and had kissed the life out of her. He didn't care that they were in public, hadn't cared when he taken action and done such a thing, but he did have to pull away and was breathing heavily as he tried to calm himself down.

Honestly he saw her lips moving, knew she was saying something, but the blood rushing through his ears at that moment was making it rather hard. Amongst other things. He was just about to ask her to repeat what she had said, when the heavens opened and a down pour of ice cold water landed its self right on top of him.

He pulled back sharply, the shock of cold cooling any of the heated passion right up in that instance. He really should have checked the weather before he came out, but he had been so invested in Claire, had, had all his attention taken by her in that dress that he had forgotten. He was completely kicking himself for that right now.

"Would you like my jacket?" he asked, starting to pull it off his arms slightly. He was kind of protected in his 'suit' but Claire quite literally had nothing on at that moment in time, it was the least he could offer.

"Taxi home I think, hot shower?" he suggested.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:48 pm 
Beta Site CMO

Sometimes, Claire wondered whether or not this much laughter was healthy. That being said, if something made her feel so good, what could be bad? Nothing, that was what. Caleb made her happier than she could ever remember being, and if that meant silly conversations, and teasing one another mercilessly, then bring it on. "Maybe you should have learned it," Claire grinned. "Comes in handy when I start talking anatomy..."

A blush spread across Claire's cheeks as Caleb got mushy again, and she couldn't help the smile that twitched onto her lips. "Only because it was freely given, e te tau," she murmured, almost lost for words. It was a rare occurrence, but something that Caleb seemed to manage on a regular basis.

Each of them seemed to have the ability to continually surprise the other, and generally in a good way. It was something that Claire relished, and hoped that they never lost the ability to surprise one another. It was refreshing, and something that she looked forward to. The best thing was that it appeared to be largely spontaneous, too, with no forward planning from either of them. Well, telling Caleb that she was going to Atlantis with him had been planned, but moving in together... yeah, that was one of those spur of the moment things that could easily have gone so wrong, but, instead, had ended up being perfect.

"Oh, so you're a man who's serious about your cutlery," chuckled Claire, shaking her head. "I don't know. I seem to have fallen for a bloke with OCD! Whatever am I going to do? Should I expect a temper tantrum whenever one of the mugs is out of place in the cupboard, or when the cans aren't stacked in alphabetical order?" Claire grinned again. "And where would you file Alphabetti Spaghetti? After all, it has all the letters in it, and numbers too!"

She cocked her head and gave Caleb a challenging gaze. "Oh, I would... but I guess you don't have quarters any more, do you," she replied, her tone simplistic. "Mi casa es su casa and all that crap." She wasn't sure whether her Spanish was right, and she couldn't care less. Caleb would get the message anyway.

Claire looked at Caleb thoughtfully for a moment. There were so many things she could say, but decided against any of them, instead taking his comment about being at her service in whatever way she wanted at face value. "Thank you," she replied, her voice soft and sincere itself. "Same goes for you."

"When you go grey, I'll have my very own silver fox," she teased. "When I go grey, well, you'll have a little old lady bombing around on a motorised zimmer frame, kicking the crap out of the clueless kids!" She wrinkled her nose as he mentioned a beard, bringing a finger up to run along his jaw, light with a day's stubble. "The minute you start losing food in face fur, we're done, you hear me?" Her voice was full of laughter. She couldn't imagine Caleb with a beard, actually. It just didn't "fit".

Claire could just imagine Caleb as he got older. The lines on his face would speak to his experience and the time he had spent laughing, his hair would tell the stories of his adventures. It was an intoxicating thought. There was nobody she would rather get older with.

The kiss was utterly addictive, and Claire didn't want it to end, almost pulling Caleb back to her in the second he pulled away. There was no way either of them was going to last if they went dancing, and she had visions of them being tossed out of whichever bar or club they ended up in. If nothing else, it would be a story to tell. It probably took quite a bit to get thrown out in the Big Easy.

Claire laughed at Caleb's expression as they were both doused as the heavens opened, and shook her head as he offered her his jacket. "I'm already soaked, e taku tahu," she replied, wiping the rain away as it ran down her face, her makeup hopelessly ruined. "No point us both getting completely drowned."

Clenching her teeth to stop them chattering during the icy downpour, Claire tucked herself against Caleb, nodding her head. "Sounds like a plan. Any ideas how we're going to get a taxi?" She glanced around. They were only a block off Chartres, and could probably make it back to the hotel in ten minutes. "Or we could just walk? We're not that far, and would probably wait longer for a taxi."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:47 am 
Royal Navy

“Am fairly certain that it isn't Latin am speaking when you're giving me an anatomy lesson,” he replied, laughing along with her. In all honesty they had laughed so much on this little mini holiday than they had in the last year of knowing one another, or rather they had laughed more with each other than they had done. Caleb was surprised that he hadn't gotten a permanent stitch in his side from all the laughing he had done that evening, of course if he had then at least he had a brilliant doctor on hand to cure him.

Of course then the conversation went slightly serious once more – a skill they were both picking up pretty well at the moment – the laughing stopped and the smile turned slightly more serious but no less softer as he looked at her. It was true he had given her his heart freely, not something he would ever have thought he was going to do again, had not even noticed that he was giving himself over to her in every possible way imaginable and he found there was still more to give.

He ended up laughing once more as she mentioned the OCD cutlery thing, honestly he was pretty sure he wasn't that bad, so maybe he had when he was bored sorted a cutlery draw out once upon a time – well before he had gotten the job at the SGC and met Claire – but he wasn't going to tell her that.

Smiling he said, “I shall have you know that I never throw temper tantrums,” he said mock pouting at her. “But if you ever mess with my cutlery there will be consequences, severe ones.” He managed to keep his expression for about a nano second before he burst out laughing, honestly he couldn't keep a straight face when they were teasing each other like they were. “No, no alphabetical order. It's height order they have to be in and to make sure all the labels are facing the same way. Just so you know for future reference.”

There was no way he actually got time to do anything of the sort and well he had much more enjoyable activities to be doing than making sure all the cutlery and tin cans were the right way up and in alphabetical order. Like making sure that, that smile never left Claire's face and that whatever was thrown there way, he was at her side for as long was possible.

Caleb looked thoughtful for a moment before saying, “This is true I don't have quarters any more,” he said, looking at her pointedly, “I have a home now.” Again he was going to have to stop with the seriousness that evening, they were meant to be having fun, a good time, not having the heavy conversations they were going to be saved for a lot later once they were back in Colorado.

The seriousness only lasted a second, as Claire told him she would be bombing around on a zimmer frame giving the kids what for, the laugh was loud and deep as he could imagine just that. He knew she was a straight talker now – never really holding back – so he could only imagine how formidable she would become as she aged. An if he had his way, he was going to be there for the whole ride, not getting in her way if she thought to tell someone off – he wasn't stupid enough to get in the way of that – he'd just smile and know that he had made a commitment to this woman.

“There will be no food loosing in any thing,” he said agreeing with her. Honestly he was kind of curious to see what her expression would be if he did ever grow a beard, not a full blown one of course he didn't think he would be able to stand that. It'd irritate him far to much, but just a small one, one enough that she would notice but not enough to go against regulations.

The cold rain was completely soaking through his jacket and top not, he had never known rain could appear so quickly and be so damn cold. He was sure there was a lovely puddle forming underneath where they stood, as the rain continued to pour onto them. At least it had put a dampener on things for now, honestly he wasn't sure he would have been able to stop had it not started raining and as much he loved being with Claire he really didn't want it to be out on the streets.

He shivered as he pulled her closer, it was raining but partially sharing body heat was going to keep them warm for now at least, “Walking it is then,” he agreed, starting to move them back towards the hotel, back towards the warmth he knew would be waiting for them.

Caleb realised he still had Claire's shoes in his hand, so he was pretty sure by the time they got back her feet were going to be as ice cold as the rest of her which meant he would have to find an interesting way to warm all of her up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:09 pm 
Beta Site CMO

Claire grinned. "I don't know what language it is, half the time," she replied, a sparkle in her eyes. For her own part, she might as well be giving Caleb a lesson in Māori. Most of the time, she didn't realise she was doing it until Caleb was ask her, afterwards, what something had meant. Sometimes, she thought that writing it all down - Caleb's only little guide to talking dirty, Māori style. That thought amused her, probably more than it should.

Even though Claire was excited about going to Atlantis, there was something in her that wished this little getaway could last forever. Just the two of them, locked away in their own little world, nothing to worry about aside from one another. It was likely something that they would not get much of once they were in Atlantis. Hopefully, they would be able to share quarters, so they could at least "come home" to one another.

Claire had never thought she would be able to make a home for herself in America, much less another galaxy, and here she was, doing both in the space of a few weeks. If she was asked, she could honestly say she had never been happier.

Caleb's pout was out in full force again, and Claire shook her head. "You're a bloody hopeless case, aren't you, Petty Officer Williams," she replied, her tone laced with mock disappointment. "I can see I'm going to have to take you very firmly in hand if we're going to make a go of things, aren't I?" She'd let Caleb read whatever he wanted into that. If she knew him, he'd take it... yeah. Just yeah.

For a moment, Caleb managed to look affronted as he mentioned his lack of quarters, before his expression softened as he told her he had a home instead. "You'll always have a home with me, e te tau," murmured Claire, meaning every word of it. While Caleb might not be the sole reason she was going to Atlantis, he was a massive part of it. She had found her chance at happiness, and had decided to grasp it with both hands. She couldn't wait.

Claire gave a sigh of relief. "Thank god for that," she grinned. "I mean, I know it's tradition for you navy blokes to grow a beard, and is even encouraged, but still... it would hide that bloody handsome face of yours!" Claire had never liked men with beards, having had a disastrous kiss with a bearded bloke one New Year's Eve when she was a student. There was nothing worse than a gobful of face fur. Still, if Caleb did, at some point, decide he wanted to grow a beard, that would be his choice, and his alone.

Maybe the rain had done them a favour, although that wasn't the first thought entering Claire's head as the heavens opened. Things had been getting very heated between them, there in the shadows, and Caleb's fingers findin the bare skin above the stocking top had just about wiped out all rational thought. The only thing on her mind at that moment had been Caleb, and seeing where the kiss took them. However, they were saved from potential embarrassment by the icy deluge.

The rainfall continued, showing no signs of abating, and they were both soaked, as they stood there trying to decide what to do. Caleb's suit was clinging to him like a second skin, and Claire gave him a look of concern. "I hope that wasn't an expensive suit," she said, not wanting it to have been ruined. It looked great on him. At least her dress was only a costume, and, if it was wrecked, so be it. It could just be tossed away.

Claire snuggled in as Caleb pulled her closer, taking a little warmth from his fast-dissipating body heat. She nodded as Caleb agreed to walking, and fell into step beside him, giggling quietly. "Well, there goes the end of our evening," she laughed, shaking her head, sending water droplets everywhere. She cocked her head at her shoes, still in Caleb's hand. "Want me to carry those now?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:46 pm 
Royal Navy

Caleb laughed at that, he had often had a few moments where he hadn't known what she was saying – especially when things got heated between them – but whatever it was that she had spoken well it had always made him smile. Plus it was always fun to elect some of the more gibberish words she could come out with, it always made him pause, smile at her wickedly as her ever so kindly to repeat what she'd said. Honestly there was a reason that he was such a tormentive sod at times, and really if any of his past one night stands got together they would be comparing notes.

He always looked forward to the different words he could make her say, and yes there probably had been a few choice words of his own that hadn't been English or anything even coherent at times. But that was what he liked so much about her, that they could quite literally make each other speechless and talk nonsense all at the same time.

Caleb laughed as she told him she'd have to take him in hand, “Well only if you insist of course, wouldn't want to disappoint now would I?” he said, taking it exactly the way she intended. There was always something delicious about Claire's teasing, probably because nine times out of ten it ended up being a tease that was followed through with. So yeah the teasing he didn't have to imagine much of what she could imply he had the evidence to prove everything she teased him about.

He placed a soft kiss on top of her head as she said he'd always have a home with her, that was all he wanted at the end of the day and whether it was in her apartment, in a hotel in the middle of New Orleans, or in a completely different galaxy so long as he was with her he would be home. She had become his home in every sense of the word, and well even if they weren't allowed to share quarters together on Atlantis he would end up with her for the nights. In who ever quarters they collapsed in at the end of the day, it was something he was definitely looking forward to, on a list of many, many things.

He mock pouted at her, “So you wouldn't like to see a little stubble on me then?” he asked, bringing a hand up to his face. It was already beginning to feel a little rough to him, he hadn't exactly shaved that morning or before they went out that evening, Claire was a very distracting woman. “Add a little friction to the kisses,” he added winking at her.

Of course if Claire preferred him clean shaven then that was how he was going to be, but well the more he thought about it, the more intrigued he became. Maybe once they reached Atlantis he might see about growing a beard, just a small one, regulations would be more slack over there as it was.

As they continued to walk, Caleb shook his head to Claire's question, “Nope it's fine, they might be unwearable though by time we get back.”

It seemed to take forever to reach the hotel in the downpour that was happening, he really couldn't remember having walked that far when they went for dinner. But he was smiling stupidly at they made there way through the lobby of the hotel – there were a couple of other patrons there watching as the pair of them dripped there way across the floor – and up to there hotel room.

Now he was out of the rain, Caleb was starting to get some feeling back in his hands, and maybe his nose – god his nose felt cold – he just hoped that neither of them ended up with a cold after all that walking. He managed to fumble the key card out of a pocket, fingers still numb at the moment, open the door and step inside, closing it as Claire stepped in.

They were back in private now, the downpour of rain no longer hitting them, warmth starting to make its self known once more, well he couldn't stop his thoughts from travelling back to what they had been doing right before it started raining.

So he could be forgiven for the oddly wicked grin that crept across his face as he pulled his jacket off and put it on the side, “So I think just to make sure you don't get a case of hyperthermia, you need to be warmed up.”

He stepped closer to her, hands touching her bare arms, waiting to see what her next move would be.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:12 pm 
Beta Site CMO

It seemed as though the joking between them never stopped, and Claire loved every second of it. Caleb was the first man she had been with whose sense of humour gelled so perfectly with hers. He just got her completely. There was never any confusion between them - well, not for more than a second or two - as to whether one or the other was being silly or serious, and Claire had never had that in a relationship before. It was something that had been built up throughout the course of their friendship, to the point where they were often able to spot a joke coming before it had even begun.

And yet, they were able to have the serious, sincere conversations at the drop of a hat, breaking up the silliness at the right moment, again, leaving no doubt that each of them meant every word they said in that moment. Caleb hadn't been known for being sincere in the past, and Claire felt honoured that he was able to share that part of himself with her, a part which he very much kept to himself, by and large.

She gave a light frown, and thought for a second, as Caleb asked whether she wouldn't like to see him with a little stubble. "I don't know," she admitted. "I'm not generally keen on beards, but... if it's something you want to do, give it a go. See what happens." It might suit him, and Claire might not mind the feel of it against her face.

She chuckled when he told her it would give a little friction to their kisses. "You start tearing my face to shreds, and we're done, okay?" The words might have been harsh, but they were accompanied by a mischievous giggle, and a facial expression that would have left Caleb in no doubt that she was joking,

The walk back to the hotel through the rain was cold, and seemed to take forever. Still, Claire enjoyed the opportunity to snuggle close to Caleb, even though neither of them were likely to be getting any warmer. They couldn't get any wetter, though.

They garnered a few strange looks as they entered the lobby of the hotel, leaving a damp trail behind as they headed up the stairs to their room. Claire was shivering: the change from cold to warm had hit her hard, and she had to fight to stop her teeth chattering. Caleb seemed to be faring a little better, at least, and Claire let out a huge theatrical shiver. "Shit, that was cold," she giggled, clenching her fists to try to get some warmth back into her fingers. It wasn't working.

She watched as Caleb took his sopping jacket off, dropping it onto a table. It was obvious, even without him placing his hands on her arms, what was on his mind. Claire tossed him a sultry smile, never breaking eye contact.

"I think," she began, taking off the stupid sailor hat, and dropping it to the floor. "I think..." Another pause, and she reached behind her, unzipping her dress, before shrugging her shoulders and slowly peeling it down, revealing a navy blue and white lace bra, and, as she peeled the dress yet further, matching knickers and suspender belt.

Her eyes held a fire as she stood there in front of Caleb, her expression challenging as she stepped a little closer, placing her hands on his cold, wet chest. "I think you promised me a hot shower, didn't you?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:20 am 
Royal Navy

Caleb was definitely enjoying the show as Claire slowly, so very tantalisingly peeled off the sopping wet dress - he was going to have to make sure that dress got packed for Atlantis because damn it did things to things to him that should probably be made illegal - and watched it drop to the floor.

He let out a small appreciative laugh as Claire unveiled the underwear she was wearing, nearing the exact same style of colouring as the dress, only made darker by the rain. God this woman did things to him that he wasn't even able to put into words. Caleb grabbed her hands that settled on him, the fire in him being lit good and proper now, he pulled her closer to him still until they were pretty much chest to chest and he kissed her passionately.

Caleb pulled her hands to just underneath his top, wanting her to touch nothing but his bare skin, whilst his own hands reach around the back and very expertly unclasped the bra at the back. Never once actually breaking the kiss with her, until the need for air became kind of essential, he broke the kiss, leaving hot trails down her neck, pushing the bra strap out of the way as he did so.

"I believe....I did....promise....such a....thing," he said, breathing heavily between kisses. There was no mistaken exactly where his mind was at that moment in time and it wasn't necessarily on having a shower.

The smile turned slightly more mischievous, as his hands trailed lower down her sides pulling the bra off altogether and letting it drop to the floor, before his hands rested on her hips. The smile was bigger - along with other parts of him now - as instead of just resting his hands there, he managed to pick her up and walked so she was pressed up against the door they had just come through.

Honestly the thought of a shower although very appealing at one point was not even a glimmer in his mind at that point, and yes he did realise there was still far too many clothes on his own person compared to Claire. But it was the heat, the fire in his stomach that was driving him to just continue laying kisses wherever he could get to place them on her skin, including a couple that traced the outline of her tattoo on her arm.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next