All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:24 am 
Beta Site CMO

Claire let her cheek settle into Caleb's hand for a moment, before turning and placing a soft, gentle kiss onto his palm. His eyes never left hers for a moment, and she could feel herself falling into the warm chocolate pools. There was nothing there other than the utmost in sincerity, and she wondered whether she would ever tire of being like this, just settled in his arms, giving herself completely to her best friend, the man she adored.

Despite the fact that Claire knew that a lot of factors had to play into her decision about Atlantis, she was almost ready to throw caution to the wind and tell him she'd go with him. It was shitty that she couldn't even talk to her family about it, though. They would deserve to know that they may never see her again, but Caleb was right. It wouldn't be fair to lay all that on them. If she made the decision to go, she would have to fudge the issue.

The thought of not leaving with Caleb was enough to tear her in two, and, the more she thought about it, the less there was to keep her here.

That rocked her to the core.

Claire chuckled as Caleb explained why he felt she was like Kevin the Minion, and she made a mock disgusted face, before poking her tongue out. "So being small and yellow and skinny is a real turn on for you," she giggled, shaking her head. "The small part, I seem to have nailed, but the yellow and skinny..." She pretended to look herself up and down. "Naaaah, screwed those bits up!" His smile loaned a heat to the words that really shouldn't have been there, and Claire shook her head. "You... are incorrigible."

She watched Caleb's expression closely after she had finished speaking. It had been hard to admit why she might not be able to have kids, but she owed it to him to be honest. As far as she was concerned, their relationship was built on mutual trust and honesty, and, while she hadn't spilled her guts about everything possible, right at the beginning, Claire was a firm believer in being honest in the right way at the right time.

The little wrinkle of Caleb's nose brought a frown to Claire's face, followed by a quizzical look as she tried to figure out what his expression of disgust had meant. She only wondered for a few seconds, right up until he kissed the life out of her, a kiss of passion, of tenderness, reassurance, and she could feel the love running underneath and shoring up all of those emotions. She didn't dare ask for details, though. She had a feeling she might not want to hear why he had looked so appalled.

"Thank you," she replied, her voice choked with emotion. Caleb had already told her that he had no plans to have children, and that he was now at least acknowledging the possibility of wanting kids with her... well, it blew her away. "All in good time, though, e ipo. It's... not something we need to think about right now." If ever, but it warmed her to know that he was at least willing to consider a family if things worked out.

Claire laughed, blinking back emotional tears. "As long as you leave me feeling shaken and stirred, I'll be one happy woman," she grinned, settling another soft kiss on Caleb's lips. This whole relationship with Caleb was an adventure, and she never knew what would happen next. Despite feeling settled and secure, it seemed as though they were on a rollercoaster ride, and the combination was both intoxicating and addictive.

Caleb's expression was a little surprised as Claire brought up the spectre of Atlantis. In truth, Claire was surprised as well. Surprised that she had mentioned it willingly, and surprised the prospect didn't fill her with dread. Hell, she was even talking as though she had already decided to go with him.

That was the biggest surprise of all, as far as she was concerned.

Claire laughed, resting her forehead against Caleb's, her fingers laced around the back of his neck. "And you just automatically assume that you would be sleeping in the women's dorm," she grinned, her voice husky and utterly teasing. "You're right, who knows what sleeping arrangements there would be?" If she went, the one thing she would want would be to be able to continue her relationship with Caleb. With it being a civilian run operation, it should be easier, at least.

"You sound so excited," she murmured, her voice warm and sincere, despite the fact that the thought of losing Caleb was tearing her in two. "Wild horses couldn't keep you away, could they?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:25 pm 
Royal Navy

He wanted to say something to soften the mood a little, they had been so intense for the last few minutes, but as the hand rested against his cheek, he didn't know what to say. To make it a lighter conversation, they were never above talking about the serious stuff and well this was one of them times it had turned serious.

Caleb was glad he could have such discussions with Claire, he placed a kiss into the palm of her hand, almost accepting whatever it was she was going to be giving to him. He didn't want to think sad thoughts any more, he wanted to get back to the happier ones and the planning of their mini vacation away. Which he did realise was actually all planned and ready to be executed, he was just going to have to find a costume now.

He smiled slightly at that, "Well there was one person that was small, skinny and in the light we were in, she did look rather yellow at the time," he said. It had either been the light or the alcohol he'd had that night that had made that nights woman look yellow, but there had been someone.

"Small and Sexy, you don't need to turn yellow for me, you got everything going on that can make me smile."

Again with the cheesy pick up lines, hearing himself speak like that - knowing Claire would take it as him being silly - he vaguely wondered actually how he had slept with so many women. Because even to his own ears that would make him cringe slightly, but then again he guessed that was what alcohol did to the system, it made him think he was great at flirting.

Caleb didn't want to be thanked for what he said, he meant every word of it, he wasn't someone who minced words when he was being serious. He also didn't want her thanking him, because he was sure that was how people were meant to act, to being considerate to another persons feelings, that was what a relationship was about. He felt another wave of anger course through him, at the fact that Claire's Ex clearly needed a lesson in manners.

Then she said that word again, his frowned turned more curious, "E ipo?" he asked, probably totally mangling the words and knowing his luck he'd have somehow insulted her as he tried to wrap his tongue around the foreign language. "That the second time you've said it, what does it mean?"

He figured it meant something good, he didn't necessarily need to know the exact translation to figure it meant something positive to them both. It was all about the context, and he was getting very good at reading the differences in Claire's voice to know when he could pull out the flirting charming card with all guns blazing and knowing when to take a breath and get serious.

"Shaken and stirred eh? I got my work cut out for me then, to make that possible," he said, smiling at her brightly. He had no doubt in his mind that whatever happened over that weekend was going to be one big weekend away. It was going to end up being fun in more ways than one and part of him was just as excited to be going away with Claire as to be going to a different galaxy. Caleb was very easily pleased at times. He kissed the tip of her nose in a silly gesture, he could totally be her own James Bond for the weekend, hell he had a suit he could air out especially for it. It was one of many ideas he had stewing away in his mind.

He smiled gently as Claire rested her head against his, he was still surprised slightly that she had brought up Atlantis. Although he had to chuckle slightly at what she said, "Well sweetheart where else would they put me? People have got to have entertainment right?"

His hands had started to gently tease at the bottom of her top, him twisting the hem between his fingers slightly as she played with the hair at the back of his neck. It was an intimate thing going on between them, something that seemed to hold more meaning than just having sex together, this was, well what ever it was Caleb had no words to describe it. It took his breath away slightly.

"The wild horses would be going alone with me if they could," he said, quietly, not sure how much to say. He was worried he'd upset her if he said too much about it, but he couldn't quite contain how happy the prospect of Atlantis made him. "It is going to be an adventure, one that even a year ago I wouldn't have thought was possible. I know I might be leaving some treasures behind," here he reached up and tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, his voice full of emotion. "But I'll be taking so much more with me."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:14 pm 
Beta Site CMO

Claire smiled as Caleb returned the gesture, kissing her palm as she had done to his mere moments earlier. The last few weeks had shown her a side to Caleb that she hadn't realised existed, a depth and a tenderness that he hid from the rest of the world. Sure, she had seen glimpses of it - the merest flickers - throughout their friendship, but nothing like he had shown her since they had been together. The more he opened up to her in this way, the more precious he was to her.

Swatting at Caleb's shoulder, Claire laughed. "You do know it's poor form to talk about your former conquests when your partner's straddling your lap?" It wasn't as though she didn't know what he had been like, though, and she didn't take offence. She just took great joy in teasing him on a regular basis. It was a source of great fun between them.

"Flattery will get you just about everywhere," she grinned, her voice low, husky and full of promise. He didn't need to flatter her to get just what he wanted. Caleb had but to ask.

She could feel the anger rippling through Caleb, anger that was most likely aimed towards Tama. She knew how he felt. Claire herself had experienced the same emotions, firstly when she had discovered his infidelity, and all over again when she found out that he had given her an STI. She had been furious, and had wanted to kick his head from his shoulders. She had taken the high road, however, and simply ignored him utterly, cut him out of her life like the cancerous growth he was.

And there it was.

Claire hadn't thought it would take long for Caleb to ask what "e ipo" meant. "In its most simple translation, it means 'darling'," she explained. "But it goes much deeper than that. It's the greatest endearment possible in Te Reo, and not something to be said lightly." In fact, she wasn't even sure she had ever used that endearment for Tama. Claire thought that this might have been the first time she had ever called anyone by that name.

But then, she didn't think that she had ever felt that way before. Prior to Caleb, Claire had very much had a "type": not too tall, dark hair, dark eyes, usually of Maori extraction. Tama had been all of those things, and she had fancied the arse off him. Caleb, though, all but dwarfed her, was as fair as Tama had been dark, and was lean and muscular, whereas Tama had been beefy and solid. Caleb hadn't given her that little tingle, at least not until recently, but that little tingle had turned into a raging fire.

"I'm sure you'll manage it admirably," Claire grinned, tracing the tip of a finger around the edges of his lips. He could probably feel her nipples hardening against his chest as the mere thought of what he had planned, and she laughed as he kissed the tip of her nose. "It's going to be one hell of a weekend, isn't it?" The sense of anticipation seemed to be growing exponentially, and she couldn't imagine how excited she would be about it closer to the time.

Claire gave a shocked laugh. "Who said I want to be someone's entertainment," she giggled. "We sure as shit wouldn't be sleeping in separate beds, you know! The only person I plan on entertaining any time soon is you."

And, as if to illustrate that, especially as she could feel his fingers toying with the hem of her top, his warm skin brushing her heated flesh, Claire flickered her lips and tongue across his in a promise. Caleb knew full well what that would be doing to her, even though she was enjoying just sitting there, the closeness and intimacy they were sharing. She let out a soft sigh of appreciation, even as her fingers continued to stroke down the back of his neck.

Caleb's little speech about Atlantis almost broke Claire, and she swallowed back a big ball of emotion as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She almost caved, almost gave him the answer he wanted to hear, the answer she desperately wanted to give him, but the practical side of her stepped in before she could put voice to that one little word.

"I promise you'll have your answer soon," she murmured, a soft, sincere smile gracing her lips. She needed to talk to her parents - preferably with Caleb there as well - and talk to Carson, and then... well, she hoped she would be able to give him the answer he wanted. "Just don't go inviting someone else while I'm making up my mind, okay?" She shot him a teasing grin, even as she leaned forwards and kissed him with warmth.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:08 pm 
Royal Navy

The moment was kind, sweet and intimate between them, moments like that he realised were to be treasured at all costs. Especially when it came to them moments being between himself and Claire, he wanted in that moment to be one of them people with photographic memories or whatever so that he could preserve exactly what Claire looked like in that moment with him.

That was right up until she started swatting at his arm, and started laughing at him, he pouted as she hit him, pretending that it hurt, "You're going to have to kiss it better now you know, I think you may have permanently bruised me," he said, with a sad lilt to his voice. It wasn't like the hit had done any harm, he knew she had been joking around, he also was not likely to forget exactly who was in his laptop at that moment in time.

To prove his point that he knew exactly who was sitting in his lap, the warm pressure against him was pleasant and kept his body humming in ways he never knew it actually could, he leant forward. Smiling cheekily at her, he started kissing at her neck, just a few light almost non-existence kisses there, enough to stir a fire but not anything more.

He pulled back, locking eyes with her, "I know exactly who is in my lap right now, she definitely is not a conquest." it was sincere, heartfelt, raw emotion that he could put into words without coming off sounding like some kind of cheesy cliche valentines day card.

The last thing he wanted to do was get cheesy on her, he wanted what he said to be exactly what he felt at that time and not come across lacking. He hadn't felt like this before, his whole body was alive and not just his body, he felt like he was home for the first time in so many years. He actually had someone that if he'd had a crap day - which was more often than he would like sometimes - he could tell her about it. If something exciting happened, she was there so he could speak to her, it thrilled him and terrified him all at the same time and he realised he didn't want to change that feeling within himself.

He was an addicted and his drug of choice was Claire Te Atua, there was no way on Earth he was giving that up.

"So how much flattery does one have to do, to acquire a kiss?" he asked, the smile soft and endearing. He was prepared to give her as much flattery as was required, he wanted to do nothing but flatter the woman currently sat in his lap.

Then she explained what her words had meant, or rather the meaning behind them, it was what he thought and he felt happy that she wanted to call him that. That she wanted to call him something of such a high honour, it made his own heart race at that, he was also pretty sure that he might possibly be blushing at her as well.

He wished he could say something like that to her, give her a word that was purely from him to her, but he didn't know no fancy words to describe what they had to together, he had just himself to hand over. Which he would do in a blink of an eye if she asked him to, it was scary the amount of stuff he was willing to give to her at times.

The finger that barely traced his lips, as Claire leant into him, which meant he could feel exactly the reaction he was getting from her, made him feel hot. That he could cause such a reaction from such a beautiful woman, well there was definitely something growing between them and it definitely was not just emotion in that moment. He wanted to shift, to bring her closer, to get her to move or something, but he held still, something told him they weren't exactly done talking that night and if they got side tracked, well, no talking would be done.

But his hands gripped her sides a little tighter, all she would have to do in that moment was move and he was sure it would be tumbling down in a mess of pleasure and enjoyment. He wondered vaguely when he had turned back into a hormonal teenager again, that couldn't want to get some kind of friction going, he was sure the woman was going to be the death of him.

Death by pleasure, he was sure his co workers would get a laugh out of that.

"It gonna be something," he said, almost whispering the words to her. The mere thought of the weekend together, where there really would be nothing but just the two of them, no serious talks to be had. No possible interruptions on breaks, just the two of them, a very scary but very entertaining prospect for him, for them both really.

Then Claire laughed, almost breaking the spell he had been under of wanting nothing more than to see more of her flesh, he smiled along with her, then pouted as she said she didn't want to be anyone's entertainment.

"We could be quiet, really, really quiet?" he asked, knowing that was not really a possibility, not even for himself. "We'd have to be quiet, because otherwise everyone would know what we were doing and to be honest, I don't like sharing."

Well that was certainly a bit possessive for him, of course he followed it up by laying a few kisses at the side of her mouth, he didn't even know he had such a streak in himself. Claire really was bringing out everything in him.

"No one else will be invited and I'll wait for as long as it takes for you to give me an answer," he promised.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:17 am 
Beta Site CMO

Claire was as happy in that moment as she had ever been, despite the shadow of Atlantis looming over them. She felt bad, leaving Caleb hanging, but it was a huge decision. She just needed to make sure that she was making the right decision for the right reason. She had absolutely no doubt that going to Atlantis would be a good decision, but... she wanted to be certain that he wasn't the only reason she would be going. She had sworn never to shape her life around a man again, and that was one thing she planned to stick to.

"Aaaaw, there, there," chuckled Claire, not missing the parallels with what had happened the night that had changed their relationship for good. "I seem to remember all this started with me kissing something better..." Slowly, and with warm, soft fingers, she tugged the neck of Caleb's top to one side, placing a series of very deliberate kisses along where she had swatted at his shoulder.

Caleb's lips started tracing down her neck, and Claire swallowed back a wave of desire. Every time he touched her, it felt as though her entire body was on fire. She felt as though she was a horny teenager all over again. "You're playing with fire there, e te tau," she replied, her voice little more than a throaty whisper. She squirmed a little in Caleb's lap, settling down again after a few moments.

"So you're saying I'm not one of your conquests? Just who do you think conquered who here?" Claire's voice rang with laughter, and she shook her head. If there had been any conquering done, it had likely been mutual, and happened so stealthily that neither had noticed it creeping up on them.

There was a new depth and sincerity to the conversations they shared of late, ever since Tollana, in fact. It was as though the harrowing experience they had shared offworld was something that had made them realise how precious their time together was. Claire was still haunted by some of the things she had seen that day, and still occasionally had nightmares about the look in Kaino's eyes as he had asked her to end his suffering. In those moments, Caleb was often there to comfort her, and she felt immeasurably better with his arms wrapped around her.

She grinned. "Oh, no flattery needed at all for a simple kiss," said Claire, proving her point by leaning in and kissing him thoroughly. "You want any more than that, you're going to have to get creative!" She didn't flattery, of course. Far from it. All she wanted from Caleb was honesty and sincerity, not flowery words that could well mean nothing. There was nothing that she wouldn't do for him, and that likely meant moving to a whole other galaxy, too. The prospect of that sent a shiver down her spine for a moment.

A quiet, throaty moan as Caleb curled his fingers more firmly into her hips, and it was almost her undoing. He seemed to be generate an undying heat in Claire with nothing more than a look, a few words, and a simple touch.

The man was dangerous to her self-control, that was for sure.

Claire couldn't wait until their weekend away. The thought of having Caleb to herself for a few days, with no commitments, no expectations, was overwhelming. She couldn't care less what they got up to: sightseeing, eating our, or just staying in their hotel. They could do whatever took their fancy, whenever they wanted. They would be in a place where nobody knew them, and they didn't have to live up to any pressures or expectations of others, and could just be themselves. To be able to do that was going to be so liberating.

Laughing again, Claire shook her head. "You think we've got it in us to be silent," she grinned, leaning in and biting softly down on Caleb's bottom lip, just to make a point. It wasn't that they were particularly noisy, but, well... sometimes, they could get a little carried away. It was a good thing that Claire's apartment block was a high quality build, and the neighbours weren't able to hear absolutely everything.

The bite developed into a kiss, a kiss that Claire broke only because the smile grew too wide. "I don't think I'd like to be shared, e taku tahu," she murmured, her lips brushing his. "And I certainly wouldn't want to share you either. I don't want the other women knowing just how lucky I am." Claire had no doubt that she was incredibly lucky. Many women on base would give their eye teeth to be in a relationship with Caleb, most of those women far more beautiful than she was. She would forever be honoured that he had chosen to be with her.

His quiet acceptance that she would answer him as soon as possible brought fresh tears to Claire's eyes, and a warm smile to her lips. "I... just need to talk to mum and dad, and... well, find out whether the job offer's still open from Carson," she explained. No point making all these plans if he had already found someone to take the position he had offered her. She shot Caleb a grin. "Of course, I have this incredibly handsome partner I'd need to talk to as well. I don't know how he'd take to me gallivanting off to another galaxy."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:03 pm 
Royal Navy

Caleb tipped his head to the side as Claire near enough tore his top out the way to get to his neck, not that he minded, hell she could rip every damn shirt he owned if she wanted to get to his skin. There was nothing like having the woman near him, but there was nothing in the world this one or the others he had visited that compared to having her actually touch his bare skin. It was almost like at times she was leaving invisible marks on his skin, each touch burned and felt ice cold all at the same time, it went all the way down to his bones so that at times his very bones with aching with what she could do to him.

"Yes....cause the....last time you....also beat me....up," he said, breath coming out in small gasps, as the kisses touched his skin. He was certain of it now, no shadow of a doubt, he knew she was going to kill him, his heart felt ready to jump out of his chest, his blood was rushing through him so fast he could almost hear it, or hear what was left of it up that high. The rest had migrated south and it weren't coming back any time soon.

"Not playing with, you are fire," he said, capturing her lips in the most heated kiss they had shared that night. Yes there was times he thought he would always want to get to the sex part quicker, but there was definitely something to be said about the slow tease the two of them had clearly been doing all night.

He wasn't sure how long the kiss lasted, just that it set his pulse racing anew, he pulled away breathing harshly as he did so. He didn't want to pull away but they were still talking, he rested his head back against the back of the sofa for a moment, pulling in air for as long as he could calming himself down. Once he was sure he wasn't going to do something to embarrass himself, honestly he wasn't a teenager this shouldn't be happening just from having a beautiful woman sat in his lap, he managed to look back at her.

It took him a moment longer to realise she had asked him a question, "I am gonna plead the fifth on that," he said, smiling sweetly at her. He was likely to get a payback whichever comment he made in a fun way of course. Caleb was sure as well, that in serious to that question, he hadn't conquered Claire at all, there was no way he would say that, this had happened over time, quietly, sneakily. Until....well until that day in the gym when everything had changed.

There was a strange glint in his eyes, as he answered her next question about flattery, "Oh I'll take that as challenge, am sure I still have some flattery words that I can use."

Of course then Claire had to go and move herself, which meant that she not only moaned a moan that went sent his own pleasure upwards again. But it meant he had to tense himself up, if she didn't stop moving against him he really wasn't going to last, he closed his eyes for a moment taking in some controlled breaths to stop the inevitable from happening. "Please," he whispered, not realising he had said it out loud.

The talk about them being quiet was also not helping at all either, but he had calmed once more for a moment, he feared he was going to be on edge all night now. "No need to be quiet, make as much noise as you want," he offered, smiling at her.

"No I am the lucky one," he said, a moment of seriousness slipping in, in all the pleasant times he'd currently been experiencing. "I know what other women would want from me, you were the first person I met here that saw through a lot of my crap, I don't want them any more, I want what we have, right here, right now."

It was true, he knew exactly what was expected of him if he hadn't fallen for Claire, he would sleep with another woman and another and another. It would certainly make him feel good for a while, but he was sure that he wouldn't have been able to keep that going. He was damn lucky to have stupidly taken a chance in the gym that day, because it lead him to his current position, being with Claire someone that had been his friend and was his best friend still now.

He couldn't help a slight cringe when Claire brought up Beckett, "Am pretty sure there would still be a job opening for you, in fact I can say with certain he would take you in a heartbeat." The rest, the rest of what she said, he knew, he wasn't going to pressure her into this, he was going to go at her pace.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:47 pm 
Beta Site CMO

Claire relished the fact that the lightest of kisses on Caleb's shoulder were eliciting such a strong reaction from him. The kisses were soft and tender, the occasional mibble at his skin drawing the taste of him deep into her mouth. It was something she would never tire of. He tasted fresh and clean, the scent of the shower gel that he kept at her place invading her nostrils. It was one of the things that made him so uniquely him.

"No more beating you up," she murmured, her lips brushing Caleb's ear, her words soft and laden with promise. "But you choose to spar with me again... you're fair game, okay?" Sparring with Caleb, fun though it had been, wasn't something she wanted to repeat. She needed to spar with someone more on her level, and, if she were to spar with Caleb again, it would feel more like she was coaching him, or that it was pure foreplay, than if it was a proper sparring session. That wouldn't be fair on either of them.

Claire moaned as Caleb drew her into a fierce, passionate kiss, a kiss she returned with enthusiasm and the utmost commitment. She could feel Caleb's rising excitement matching her own, and she groaned again. She wasn't sure how much longer she could keep control. She needed this man - wanted him - in a way she had never needed or wanted anyone ever before, and she loved him with a ferocity she had never thought possible.

That it turned out he felt the same way... well, it blew Claire away.

The kiss ended after what seemed like both seconds and hours, and Claire's breathing was rapid and shallow, much like Caleb's. She laughed quietly, leaning her forehead on Caleb's shoulder for a few seconds, even as he rested his head against the back of the sofa. It seemed that neither would last might longer that evening, and Claire wasn't sure whether she wanted to wait. Still, it seemed they weren't done talking yet, and so she owed it to both of them to not push things too far, too fast.

The comment, the sweet smile... yeah, Caleb knew he had definitely conquered her, and Claire found that she didn't mind a bit. It might have been conquest-by-stealth, but it was a conquest all the same. "No need to plead the fifth," she chuckled, her voice husky with desire. "This is one time in my life I'm perfectly happy to be someone's conquest." She'd have hated to consider herself Tama's conquest, but with Caleb... well, he had so carefully and painstakingly dismantled her defences that she had welcomed him in with open arms. She couldn't have asked for anything better.

Claire chuckled. "Flatter away, e taku tahu," she grinned at Caleb. "Just saying you don't need to flatter me. You, on the other hand..." She leaned in and traced her tongue down the side of his neck. "Now, you are hard work. That ego of yours... well, it needs so much stoking, you know that?" Actually, despite his reputation and his devastating good looks, Caleb wasn't as egotistical as he had first appeared when they had met. Getting to know the genuine, humble side of the man was a revelation, and something she was privileged to experience.

She hadn't meant to move like that, not really, and the strangled plea from Caleb had Claire almost fired up and ready to go. The tiniest of little sighs from her, and Claire leaned forward again, her forehead against Caleb's. "Please... what," she asked, her words little more than a whisper. Maybe it was a mistake to ask this, but she had to know.

A slightly shocked look, and a laugh, and Claire shook her head. "I'll make sure you remember that, when we're caught in flagrante in a completely inappropriate place." She was certain that it would happen at some point, unless they were ridiculously careful.

Caleb's demeanour changed as he told her that he was the lucky one, and Claire was choked with emotion once again. "And that's what I want too," she breathed, not trusting herself to say anything more. "I'm honoured that you trusted me enough to show me who you really are." For her part, Claire had also been an open book with Caleb. It was hard not to be open with your best friend, though.

Claire frowned for a moment, her eyes narrowing with suspicion. "Caleb..." The word was long, drawn out, and said with the mildest hint of a warning. "What have you been saying to Carson?" It certainly sounded as though he knew something that she didn't.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:03 pm 
Royal Navy

"Never, never again, will I say yes to sparring with you," he said quietly, enjoying the attention she was dropping on him. "Of course last time I did, there was a nice reward at the end."

Well it hadn't actually been a reward it had more been a shock to the system to know he actually liked, liked Claire that he wanted to kiss her. It had been a moment of pure energy, one he didn't want to end at the time, but he could also remember getting interrupted as well, which hadn't been as enjoyable. Of course he was sure had they not been interrupted then something might have happened that neither of them had been ready for.

If there was one thing Caleb knew, it was knowing when sleeping with someone was a bad idea and if the kiss had carried on that day, well he was sure he would not be sat there on the sofa with Claire in his lap lavishing kisses all over him. He wondered if he had slept with her that night would he have put it down to just a one night stand, and not bothered with that interaction with her again, he shook his head slightly at his own thoughts. That was a stupid thought, he had always cared for Claire, he had spent the last year being close friends with the woman, so he wouldn't have done that in the least.

He couldn't help kissing her sweetly, as she said she didn't mind having being conquered, "That might be true, but you are at the top of the list and there is no one else on it now. In fact, yeah I think you have to be the best conquest every." Again with his romantic side showing, but it was partially true, he had never been friends with anyone else he had ever slept with, definitley not as close as he had been with Claire, so yeah it might be classed as a conquest, but it didn't feel like that. Not to him anyway.

"It's not the ego that needs stroking," he whispered, his neck stretching out as she ran a finger down the side of it, leaving a trail of hot lava in it's wake. Honestly the woman was going to drive him to an early grave with just a touch one day.

Yet he didn't want to give up the constant torture just to live a little longer, if he was going go then he wanted to go with Claire in his lap driving him to the brink of insanity before bringing calmness once more to him. It would certainly be a hell of a way to go, in the arms of the woman he loved whilst in a mind twisting situation, that is so what it was going to say on his tomb stone.

His hands hand't really let go of her sides yet, he was still struggling to breath normally, to not just let everything go and say to the hell with it. Yes he wanted her, wanted her so much that at times it was painful, like now, when he really wasn't going to get any release soon. He kept his eyes closed as Claire rested her head against his, it was easier not to look in her eyes at that moment, lessen the fact of him doing something to humilitate himself in that moment.

"Please, don't....move like...that," he said quietly, holding himself completely still, afraid that if he moved or she moved it would be game over.

The fact that she ended up laughing and breaking the contact gave him that moments reprive, if only for a moment, there was no let up between the two of them sometimes and yes he totally loved it, but as he had to keep reminding himself he was not a teenager any more. Things like that didn't just happen to him now.

"I think we already did get caught, once," he said, referring back to when they kissed for the first time in the gym, although he knew what she meant. It was surprising that they hadn't actually gotten caught sooner, they were both pretty good at keeping their hands to themselves whilst at work, but there had been an odd time or two where that had been impossible. Maybe they were just lucky that way, maybe.

It was that tone of voice that told him that if he didn't choose his answer carefully he was going to be in more trouble, okay so maybe he hadn't actually asked out right if Claire would have a job over there, but he could read between lines sometimes. It had been implied, if only lightly, he smiled sheepishly at her question, shrugging slightly.

"Well I might have mentioned that we were together, that I was worried about telling you everything, that I didn't want people thinking I was going because you had said no or the other way around. It was just a chat, honestly," he said quickly, most of the words getting jumbled up together, he very rarely spoke like that which proved he hadn't meant to break any confidences at all. "He didn't out right say you definitley had a job, but it was implied, or at least I heard that it was implied." He sighed again, he was sure he was making everything twenty times worse right then.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:16 pm 
Beta Site CMO

"Shame," murmured Claire, her eyes dancing with the purest mischief. "I kinda liked having you on your back." Truth was, she felt that they would actually have fun if they orchestrated a proper training session. Sure, Caleb was no match for Claire when it came to martial arts, but he was more physically fit than she was, and she'd bet he would be a fast learner.

Besides, any legitimate opportunity to get up close and personal with Caleb had to be a good thing, right? The problem would be keeping their hands off one another, even in the public confines of the gym. While she was on shift, it was easy enough, even though they had occasionally locked themselves in her office, or her quarters, to get a little alone time. However, all bets would be off if they were off the clock and on their own time.

Claire returned Caleb's sweet kiss, her hands resting comfortably on his shoulders, even as she sat astride him. Their posture was at once sexually intimate and romantically cosy, and it summed up their relationship to perfection. It showed the level of trust that lay between them, and there was nothing that Claire could imagine ever wanting more.

She swallowed back a ball of emotion as Caleb told her that there was nobody else he was interested in making a conquest of, and Claire smiled, not sure that her bottom lip wasn't quivering with the emotion that Caleb's heartfelt words had elicited in her. In its way, it was another declaration of commitment and his love for her, all without saying the words themselves. She wondered precisely what it was that made Caleb afraid of telling her that he loved her. Whatever it was, though, he had told her once, and she was certain that he would ensure that she knew it, even if he never said it again.

"And I don't want anyone else, either." She didn't add that she would likely never want another man: Claire felt that it might be a step too far. Besides, if she decided to go to Atlantis with him, it was, in her eyes, a way of telling him that he was it for her. In their short time as a couple, Caleb Williams had ruined her for any other man she could imagine.

Claire's chest rumbled with a low, sultry chuckle at Caleb's reaction to the teasing finger trailing down his neck. "Oh, your ego is only one small part of what you need stroking, I know that," she breathed, nipping at his bottom lip for a moment, her hands moving to his cheeks and her fingers caressing with the lightest of touches. "All in good time, e ipo, all in good time."

Feeling Caleb struggling with control, Claire stilled in his lap, letting her forehead remain against his for a few moments, until she could feel his breathing settle somewhat. Sometimes, anticipation was almost as good as the act itself, and it was as fun making them both wait as it would be to tumble into bed together.

"Okay," she murmured, resisting the urge to wriggle in his lap. It was as hard for Claire to keep a lid on things as it was for Caleb, truth be told. He was certainly helping her make up for a five year dry spell.

Claire laughed, throaty and deep. "Oh, that was nothing," she admitted. "Don't tell me you've never been properly caught out?" She had only been caught out once herself, and that had been right at the beginning of her relationship with Tama. That was a story for another time, unless Caleb pushed her. If he asked, she'd answer honestly.

She watched Caleb's face carefully as he tried to answer her, clearly considering what he was going to say about the job she had been offered in Atlantis. He sounded as though he knew something, that was for sure, and, considering that she hadn't talked to Carson since he had made her the offer in the first place, she had to wonder what Caleb had said to him when he had visited for his test the other day.

A fond smile slid into place as Caleb stumbled over his words, unsure of how to explain what had happened, and Claire knew that she could forgive him almost anything. The explanation turned out to be far simpler than she could have imagined, and the smile stayed in place, even as Claire shook her head.

"Oh Caleb," she replied, the smile daring to twitch wider. It seemed as though another potential barrier was ready to be pushed over with the lightest of touches, and Claire leaned in, kissing Caleb warmly. "You know you have a way of making potential problems disappear," she chuckled, as she pulled back. "You sure you're not pulling strings behind the scenes?" She shot him a mischievous glance. "Are you blackmailing Carson or something? Have you seen him playing fast and loose with a lab rat or something?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:36 pm 
Royal Navy

"Please we don't need to spar for you to get me on my back," he answered cheekily. Although he would be quite interested to see how they would work together when sparring, he had basic hand to hand training, he could at least get an attack away from him. Of course that had more to do with his height than actually been that competant at fighting, but he did know for a fact he had quick reflexes.

There had always been something about having to fix a weapon in the middle of a combat situation that required him to have fast hands, and that kind of trickled across into the hand to hand. Not nearly enough for him to take it any further than actual basic stuff, but it was there. He also was not sure how well it would go if he suggested that they actually do some sparring together, he knew he could take it seriously himself, especially if he wanted to learn - which part of him did - but he also wasn't sure how he'd manage to keep his hands to himself. There would be a lot of what happened the first time they kissed going on he was sure, he'd get too caught up in the cheeky comments he could make he was sure of it.

Caleb knew that would not be fair to either himself or Claire if that happened, so instead of actually suggesting such a thing to happen, he kept his mouth shut for now. Of course there was also Atlantis to think about, he did not want to spend his time sparring when there was lots of other different, less bruising activities they could do together.

Caleb saw the emotion almost roll through Claire when he said he didn't want another conquest, that she was it for him. He briefly wondered if he had upset her, then what she said next made him smile softly at her. He brought a hand up, resting it against her cheek, he wanted to say so many words to her that they just got caught in his throat, he wanted to shout to the world that his heart bascially ached with how much he felt for her.

But he didn't, he'd show her in other ways, in everything he did he would show her that he loved her. Even if he had to leave her behind on Earth, he would show her, that was when he got the idea, a far too sentimental idea for the moment they were currently sharing. It was something he could do once they were away from the place and in New Orleans. He would just have to make sure that he picked his moment perfectly.

The smile turned from soft to seductive in a matter of moments, as he felt her trail a finger across him. He couldn't help chuckling slightly at her words though, the fire stirring in his stomach stronger, "You should, ah, know that I can also be not very patient." He said, wanting to caputre her hand in his, but knowing that, that would lead them no where except to bed.

Which really he must have come a long way from where he started if going to bed was not the ultimate goal any more. He was definitley turning domesticated and it had only taken him one year and a best friend turned partner to do it.

He had to think about her question for a moment, let his racing heart calm back down to normal - or as normal as it got when he had such a lovely woman on his lap - his breathing finally easing as he felt like he had a semblance of control once more.

"Erm...I think it would surprise you, but no, never gotten caught any worse than what happened in the gym," he admitted quietly. Most of his one night stands always took place when he was on shore - there was a very distinct lack of females he worked with at times - and they always, always took place in the womans bed. He had not really experianced a full on caught in the act moment, although he was sure that the prospect of getting caught could be a turn on, if in the right conditions. It wasn't exactly anything he had pondered or really sought out.

Caleb couldn't resist the smile as Claire kissed him lightly, after he explained what he had told the good doctor. Honestly he wasn't sure he had actually convinced any one of anything or if he had just rambled on to the man and now owed the guy a bucket load of tea to make up for his rambling.

"I can't saw, am not allowed, confidentallity and all that," he said smirking at her questions.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next