All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:06 pm 
Atlantis Expedition Deputy CMO

Claire's entire body felt hot and cold all at once, burning where her skin touched Caleb's, freezing where clothes got in the way. While part of her wanted to tear their clothes off and get busy on the sofa, part of her was enjoying the closeness and intimacy too much to want to take things too quickly that evening. Still, she leaned in and kissed him again, her lips and tongue exploring his mouth, mapping its contours with expert precision. She pulled back slowly, the taste of him lingering in her mouth. "How's that for a down payment?"

Pleased that she had made him laugh - they seemed to do a lot of laughing when together - Claire happily returned his kiss. She grinned, her eyes sparkling as he "approved" the "commando ghost" costume. "That's definitely something to keep for when we're alone, I think." Being with Caleb was turning into a real adventure, that was for sure, and one that she was loving every second of.

Caleb acted hurt as she told him there were no hints as to her costume, and Claire grinned, kissing the tip of his nose once more. "Just think of the surprise, e te tau," she whispered. The more she thought about it, the more she felt that the costume she was planning was going to be perfect.

She burst out laughing, though, as he asked whether it was a Minion costume. Claire shook her head, almost in tears of laughter. "Errrrr... no," she replied, in a fair impersonation of a scene from "Despicable Me 2". "Do you honestly think I would tell you, even if you got it right?" She felt giddy. The trip away was exciting, even though... Claire shut that thought down. Tonight was not the night to keep thinking about Atlantis and what it could do to their relationship. The sooner she could get her decision - either way - locked down, the better.

"Secrets, my arse," Claire replied, her voice ringing with laughter. "You couldn't keep a secret if you tried." Caleb was an open book, and that was the one thing she adored the most about him. She had always been able to tell if he was trying to hide something from her. Not that he had ever lied to her at all. She had but to ask, and he was honest with her.

Claire grinned. "So are you going to tell me what you dressed up as, then," she replied, her eyes challenging. "It's only fair, after all. I told you about my sordid dress up experiences, and all you offered up was a bloody mankini!" She really would pay to see those pictures, as well as the corset ones. She'd have to work on her powers of persuasion.

Reading the screen where Caleb was pointing, Claire nodded. "Not bad, but remember it's Halloween night when we arrive," she reminded him. "By the time we get to the hotel and check in, the evening will have gone." She scrolled down the page, pointing to another set of flights. These were direct from Denver, no stopover in Houston, so just a relatively short drive before and after the flight. "I know it's an early flight, but we could always go from here on Thursday night, stay at a hotel in Denver, and then be in New Orleans in mid-morning." She gave Caleb an enquiring glance. "We'd even get the chance for a nap - the hotel we've booked allows early checkins."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:47 pm 
Royal Navy

Once the kiss finished, Caleb smiled brightly, there was just something about kissing Claire, holding her, that just felt right. Of course that could have something to do with the fact he'd pretty much just had his brains turned into mush by the sexiest woman he knew, "I think, that was a little light for a down payment," he teased.

"All these things you keep promising for when we're alone," he muttered back to her, smile still firmly in place, mischief playing about his face, "It's a wonder we get any work done at all." That wasn't actually true, he noticed although when together there was nothing that could very well separate them, but when they were at work they were as professional as ever. He was impressed with not only himself but at Claire that they managed to keep their hands to their selves, it was a good achievement.

He smiled once more as she kissed him again, he was definitely getting too use to her laying them little kisses on him. They were addictive in themselves, "Oh that's all am gonna think about now, Sweetheart." he said.

He made a point to look disappointed that it wasn't a Minion's costume, he was pretty damn sure she'd even be able to make a giant yellow thing look sexy on. He shook his head at her question, no he was pretty damn certain that even if he guessed it correctly (which there wasn't much hope of actually happening to be honest, he wasn't a very good guesser) she wasn't going to tell him. Which he was glad for, because he didn't honestly want to know, he wanted the surprise. He was just going to have to find something for himself to wear and keep her guessing.

"Don't you want to know what I'll be wearing? I'll give you a hint, it isn't the mankini you think I wore once." he said, offering her a wink in a really non subtle way.

He tried to pout when she said he couldn't keep a secret but failed, he didn't like keeping secrets anyway, but it was true, with Claire there was no way he could lie to her. Even fib in a white lie kind of way he wasn't sure he could do, of course he could just not tell her something - that was completely different than lining - he just wouldn't be able to lie. He was pretty sure he would end up laughing the secret right out of himself, it was a good job people didn't gossip to him or tell him important stuff.

"There was alcohol involved," he offered up for his story, shrugging, "Am a sailor Claire, we drink, I wake up in strange outfits in strange beds. Honestly, I can't remember how I got there," it was partially true, he wanted to see if he could bribe her to giving him some more kisses to explain more.

He looked at where she was pointing on the screen explaining how his choice wouldn't be suitable for them. It was true he didn't want to waste half the night on an aeroplane to a place, he wanted to be enjoying it with Claire, he wanted that last weekend to be everything it possibly could be. Damn it, he was turning into a right massive romantic and it was all the woman sat next to him fault.

"So long as you don't mind me sleeping, that one is fine by me," he said, if it was an early flight and he had to change some shifts around. He could guarantee that he'd work a late the day before, just because people were idiots and like to see him suffer, but he'd have bags packed, tickets ready in pockets for most of the night. Also he wasn't likely to fall to sleep really, he wouldn't be able to get it out his head that he was actually going on holiday with someone for the first time in years.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:23 pm 

"Getting greedy, huh?" Claire's words came out as a husky giggle, and she turned her attention to adding a little more to the down payment. The kiss was deep, and thorough, and a promise of all that was to come. She pulled back, her lips still holding the barest contact with Caleb's. "You'd best not start getting greedy, otherwise I might start to resent your demands!" Not that there was a chance of that happening, but it was good to keep Caleb on his toes.

Claire grinned, peppering his lips with kisses between softly whispered words. "Who... wants to... think... about... work... right... now..." She certainly didn't, but they did have a trip to plan. While it was hardly work, it meant that they had to wait a little while longer before purely focusing on one another. The truth was, they were remarkably restrained while at the SGC. Aside from the odd stolen kiss while on break, their private life remained firmly outside the mountain. Of course, there had been moments, especially on Tollana, when she had been ready to crumble, wanting nothing more than to feel Caleb's arms around her, but had resisted. That had come later.

Caleb looked almost disappointed when she told him that she wasn't going to dress up as a Minion, and Claire laughed. "I promise you, it'll be far more fun than a Minion costume would be!" Another idea slipped into place, and her costume plans were coming together nicely. This was going to be fun.

"Oh, of course I'd love to know what you're going to be wearing," she murmured, kissing him once more, seemingly unable to keep her lips away from his. "But let me guess... you wouldn't tell me anyway." Her voice was that low, teasing chuckle again. In all truth, she didn't care whether their costumes matched, and it would all add to the fun of the night if they had to wait to see what one another dressed up as. She just hoped that she could get hold of what she needed.

Claire laughed, shaking her head. "Why doesn't that surprise me," she grinned. "I don't need to know whose bed you were in, or how you ended up there, or what you got up to." Claire knew enough of Caleb's past to know that it was likely more of the same: got munted, went on the pull, succeeded. "However..." She kissed him again, softly, barely a flutter against his lips. "I would like to know what you were wearing..." Another butterfly kiss, sensuous in the way that it was barely there, yet Claire felt as though all her weight was balanced on Caleb's lips, so intense was the feeling she got from it.

A slow smile spread over Claire's lips as Caleb agreed to the early flight. "Sleep away, e taku tahu," she replied, fingers flying over the keyboard, booking and paying for the flights in under a minute. "We'll book an airport hotel for the Thursday night, make sure we get as much sleep as possible." Her voice dropped to a low chuckle. "Just in case we don't sleep much over the weekend..." Caleb could take that comment any way he wanted.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:47 pm 
Royal Navy

"Never...getting....greedy," he said, peppering her with kisses between each word. He would never take more than she offered, even if his bribery prices were so sky high even he himself wouldn't be able to afford himself. He laughed in his head at his own thought process, he'd basically just out priced himself to himself, it was a really good job he wasn't a salesman he'd talk everyone out of a sale.

Caleb definitely didn't want to think about work, hell he was quite happy to just sit there and have the life kissed out of him. Which would be fine because Claire was a Doctor and could bring him back and start all over again, there wouldn't be many people he'd come across that would be able to say they'd literally been kissed to death. But it certainly to his mind would be a fun way to go.

"Okay...no...work," he said, bringing his hand up along her arm, up to her shoulder and into her hair as he pulled her closer and kissed her deeply. If they weren't going to be thinking about work then there was some totally brilliant other plans he could implement that night, ones that didn't consist of them talking well unless it was singing the others praises. Which if he was honest with himself he was quite okay doing.

It was strange the contrast between the relationship he was in with Claire in private and the one that was shown to the public. He thought he would struggle with it, knowing what they could - and did go through on Tollana - go through, he thought he'd worry more about Claire. Caleb had even had thoughts that he'd demand she not go somewhere just because he'd know the danger more than her, but that hadn't come up, hadn't even entered his mind. Yes he hadn't liked the fact she was with them on the trip to Tollana, but he hadn't felt that impulse to ask the General to take her off the team. Which is what he knew most of the higher ups would worry about if they found out he was involved.

But all that had flared up was his sense of protection and wanting to help, two things that at the time he hadn't shoved away because that was who he was. He was the weapons expert who did more engineering work and happened to help out anywhere they needed him at times and honestly he wouldn't change it for the world. That was also not where he wanted his thoughts to go, he was meant to be not thinking about work and yet there he was kissing Claire and thinking about work, he was going to have to sort his head out.

"Oh I don't know, a Minion costume could be fun," he said, once he'd finished kissing her and caught his breath once more. "You could be a Minion and I'll go as Gru and no I won't divulge the secret as to how and when I watched that film." Caleb hadn't actually seen the film all the way through, he'd seen bits of pieces of it, he'd got the gist of the film, he smiled cheekily at her, "That way you could be my Minion for the night, what do you think?"

He kissed the tip of her nose, when she talked about him not divulging his idea for a costume, "Got it in one, sweetheart, if you're not going to share, then neither am I. It's going to be a fun night." The excitement was building now that he thought about it, the idea that he could completely surprise her with what he had planned for himself, he never got to do that kind of thing and it was exhilarating.

He closed his eyes as the kisses were so soft against his skin he couldn't be sure if he was feeling them or not. He let the feathery light kisses ghost over his skin, he shivered slightly as another barely there touch landed on him, this woman had a way to drive him crazy without barely touching him. "There wasn't a lot of clothing," he admitted quietly to her.

Of course then she added on about them being busy and not getting much sleep and yeah that made him feel hot under the collar or so the expression went. "Nope, no sleeping over the weekend, sleep is for the weak."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:32 pm 

"Go ahead... get... greedy..." Claire didn't think she could ever get enough of Caleb. Never before had she felt such a mix of love, lust, intimacy and friendship for another person, and she felt quite drunk on the heady cocktail. The kisses almost undid the last semblance of self control that she was clinging to, and she had to force herself to pull away, just the slightest little bit.

Caleb had other ideas, though. His hand snaked its way into her hair, pulling her close, the kiss that developed between them deep, insistent and almost terrifyingly intimate. Claire's whole body tingled, her arms around Caleb's neck, and her fingers tangling in the short hair at the back of his neck. There was nothing else tripping through Claire's mind at that moment other than the man beside her.

Never before had she so singlemindedly wanted someone, needed someone, and her feelings for Caleb were a revelation. Burying herself in his lips, Claire relished each and every sensation that he elicited from her. When they were together, it was as though nothing else existed for her.

Come to think of it, it felt that way when they were apart, too. For the first time ever, she found her work wasn't the most important thing in her life, wasn't the first thing on her mind every morning and the last thing every night. Even at work, she looked forward to the little stolen moments they had together, the odd kiss in her office with the door closed, the occasional brush of their hands on the table top in the mess hall, but nothing more. Aside from the rumours, which had been largely confirmed by their own admission, it would be hard to tell that they were a couple while they were at the SGC.

Sometimes, though, she wished they could be more open about things.

Claire laughed. "You'd have to get a fake belly to go as Gru," she chuckled. She had seen both movies with her nieces and nephews more than once, and would be lying if she claimed not to have enjoyed them. "But you realise you're going to have to tell me how, when and where you watched it? You can't tease a girl like that and leave her hanging!" She gently kissed Caleb's lips, all tenderness. "And if you want me to do your bidding for the night, all you have to do is ask..."

A giggle erupted from Claire as Caleb kissed the tip of her nose. "Fair's fair, I guess," she grinned, accepting that his costume was going to be as much a surprise for her as hers would be for him. "It's going to be a great weekend," she murmured. Halloween was just going to be their first night. They had two more nights, two whole days, and two part days to look forward to. It would be the longest they had spent together, and would certainly be a test of their relationship.

Another laugh as Caleb admitted that his last Halloween costume didn't involve much in the way of clothing. "Okay, so you have to spill your guts now," she giggled. Sliding the laptop off her lap and onto the coffee table in front of the sofa, Claire returned her full attention to Caleb. "You can't let my imagination run riot, you know, otherwise I'll be thinking all sorts of things."

She grinned as he professed that there would be no sleep on their weekend away. "Sleep might be for the weak, but it's also for the terminally shagged out," she laughed, planting another quick kiss on him. "So... when you go away, are you the kind of person who likes to plan what you're going to do, or are you more spontaneous?" She thought she knew which, but it would be good to know for sure. Claire herself was someone who liked to know what was going on, where the decent attractions were, even if she didn't have a plan. She was able to memorise a map at a glance, and had a trick of never getting lost. Sometimes, it was a boon, but, on other occasions, she would love to be able to just wander and lose herself.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:48 pm 
Royal Navy

Well if the woman insisted he get greedy, then there really was only one thing he could do, listen to her demands. There would be no use upsetting Claire in that moment, of course his train of thought was a lot less coherent and he was pretty sure that if they kept this up, then there would be even less coherent thinking going on. But there was something altogether intoxicating about Claire, something that at times he did not want to actually let go of, he wanted to stay connected to her in so many ways and on so many different levels.

It was kind of scary the amount of connectivity he felt towards Claire, he had been single for so many years - had wanted it that way for his own reasons - yet there he was, near enough throwing everything he had into the mix. He might not seem like it, with all the flirting he did all the time, but he didn't want to get hurt again, he didn't want to see any heart wrenching looks passed between the two of them.

Yet he also knew that might happen, or so the small voice at the back of his mind told him as he was subtly reminded that all this togetherness that was happening between them, it might be the last time. He would head off to Atlantis, and he might end up leaving this amazing woman behind, something that would once again put himself in a position of being hurt.

Caleb kissed Claire, a little bit more thoroughly before pulling back altogether, he couldn't quite express what he was thinking - words always seemed to fail him at times like this - but everything he wanted to say and do was shown in his face. Everything that 'might' come to past playing out across his face and no he didn't want to bring the mood down, didn't want to be thinking about it, but for that split second. Brief moment in time he couldn't stop himself thinking about it, it was a sobering thought.

Her comment about the fake belly, that brought a smile to his face once more and broke the maudlin thoughts running through his head. He did laugh at the image he pictured of himself as Gru, with a very fake belly in place, it wasn't a look he was about to try out any time soon.

"Am sure there is a fake belly laying around the mountain somewhere, after all am sure there was a cause for some strange undercover mission that required it out there," he said, smiling at her brightly. He would be mighty impressed if he did actually come across one now, actually if he did come across the belly he was so stealing it and showing Claire, because after that conversation he was sure they'd both get a kick out of it.

"Lets just say that, I am really good with kids, and also on leave at the time and owed a favour to my mum," he answered. It had been a long time ago, he'd only been serving for a couple of years, had not long broken things off with Rachael and his mum had tried to set him up. Except the woman he had been set up with, had kids, the kids he got on with great - he dialled the flirting right back, but kept the charm up, it helped - but the woman not so much. It had ended where he'd left the kids watching Despicable Me whilst letting the woman down gently.

"Oh really, just ask is that all? Can I have that in an I.O.U? I'll cash it in later," Caleb said, winking at her cheekily.

"Yeah it is at that, going to brilliant," he agreed quietly. He was very much looking forward to it, it was marking a mile stone in their relationship, something again he hadn't done in such a long time. There was something very certain about marking it that way, okay so they were going away and not staying at 'home' but it was something. He was pretty sure that he wasn't likely to forget the time they spent away together.

Smiling he laughed as she drew her full attention on him, he really should find it slightly scary that someone was that focused on him, but it just made him laugh and feel like he meant something to her. It was a nice feeling. "See that depends, what are you imagining?"

"I am the kind of person that likes a vague plan," he answered shrugging, "sort of like you have something planned for that day, but am not one for making sure it happens at a specific time." There was always too much structure in his work life, the last thing he wanted was the same thing to happen when he was on downtime.

There had been times when it had been unavoidable, where he had had to plan certain things on his days off. But the majority of the time, he was quite a laid back on his days off, in fact in the last few weeks of seeing Claire, he had had more 'plans' on his days off than he could remember. But it didn't feel like they were plans, they just felt, well not like he plans.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:43 am 

"Oh, Caleb..."

Claire's voice was soft, and pained, and compassionate. The expressions flitting across Caleb's face had said it all. He was afraid. Afraid she might say no to going to Atlantis with him, yet afraid she might say yes. Caleb had, for so long, committed himself to nothing longer than a single night that this whole situation had to be terrifying for him. Firstly, he had asked her to go to Atlantis with him, knowing full well that it was a one way trip, and then he had professed that he loved her.

The poor bloke must be shitting himself.

Whether or not she agreed to go with him, it would cause that fear to continue. Claire felt torn. She loved Caleb, just as he was. The flirtation, the fun, the cheekiness. She had to wonder whether all that would disappear if they went to Atlantis together, if they made the commitment to go to a whole new galaxy as a couple. It was a far deeper commitment than marriage, at least to her eyes.

Softly, with immeasurable tenderness, Claire kissed Caleb's lips, the restrained passion telling him everything he needed to know. Although the decision around Atlantis hadn't yet been made, not really, she wanted him to know that she wanted to go with him, wanted to be with him. However, he was a man of few words, and she had the impression that he appreciated it more when she wasn't so vocal about her feelings for him.

Instead, she showed her feelings with her deeds. The kiss was soft and tender and almost innocent. Almost. She pulled away with the utmost reluctance. Where Caleb's words had failed him, so did Claire's, for once. "Stay with me tonight," she murmured, the very best she could manage. It was the question she had asked him on their first night together, and she hoped he would be able to untangle her meaning from that simple request.

She made him laugh again, though, with the remark about the fake belly, and glanced downwards, blinking back a few tears as she did so. It wouldn't do for Caleb to think he'd made her cry again. "Okay, so that's settled," she said, almost hiccupping on her words. "You're Gru, I'm Dave, job done." The costume idea couldn't be further from the thoughts she had been developing throughout the evening. She was certain that Caleb would love it.

"Doesn't surprise me that you're great with kids," grinned Claire. In that way, it had surprised her to find that he didn't want children of his own.

Maybe now was the time for a confession of her own.

Claire swallowed deeply, casting her eyes down, not wanting to watch Caleb's reaction. She might as well mention it now, seeing as he had asked her to go to Atlantis. "Talking of children... I... I may not be able to have kids of my own." Her voice was a shaky whisper, petrified of admitting this to the man she had fallen in love with. The explanation of why would be even harder.

She was almost choked with emotion when he made her smile again. "No IOU needed, e te tau. It's an offer that never expires." Her eyes, though, were still somewhat haunted, waiting for Caleb to ask why she might not be able to provide him with children, should he decide he wanted to become a father.

She kissed him lightly as he agreed that their time away was going to be brilliant. Well, that was if they managed to get past her admission that she might not be able to have kids. "I don't think there's anyone I've ever wanted to spend time with more."

"I'm imagining... a pair of budgy smugglers and a bow tie, kind of... male stripper sort of thing," she grinned, kissing his lips briefly, teasingly, picturing that exact same thing in her mind. Having seen every single inch of Caleb Williams, she thought he'd suit the look.

Claire smiled, straddling Caleb once more, and placing her forehead against his. "Okay, so vague plans it is," she chuckled. "Works for me." She didn't like things to be too strict and stringent, and, as long as they worked out what they wanted to do and see over the weekend, and slotted it all in, that was good enough for her.

Letting a finger run teasingly around the neckline of Caleb's tee, Claire quirked up an eyebrow. "So... where are we with one another, e ipo,*" she asked, her voice soft and undemanding. "Where do we go from here?" She half expected Caleb to ask what the endearment meant, seeing as it was one that she had never uttered before.

* - darling, soulmate, the greatest endearment possible

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:40 pm 
Royal Navy

The words and the kiss mixed together was everything to Caleb, he could feel exactly what she wanted to say, taste it as he kissed her back. Everything. It was like every question he had running in his head was being answered right then and there, yes it was going to hurt like a bitch if everything fell apart.

But her was there in that moment, willing to take a chance and really if he went back to that day in the gym, when he had given in to all the flirting and taking it a step further. If he had a chance to be able to relive that day, he was going to do it exactly as he did it then - maybe he'd add in a few more cheeky onliners before they got to the kissing stage - but he'd keep it the same.

In the short space of time they had been together, Claire became pretty much the centre of his attention when he wasn't working. There really wasn't a moment that went by that he didn't think of Claire in some shape or form.

When the kiss ended and Claire asked if he'd stay the with her that night, his heart pretty much hurt from how loud it was thumping in his chest. It was the same words that had been exchanged that first night between them, the faithful words that had sealed everything between them from that moment till now. It was also a plea he could hear and not actually not able to obey, he was finding he would do anything for Claire, if she asked him.

He kissed her back, tenderly, before answering, "I'll stay, for as long as you'll have me." It was as close to admitting how serious he was about the relationship outloud, probably stronger words than the 'Love You's' that had been exchanged. Them words, they meant something so much more deeper, that everything - no matter what happened - was going to be okay.

Caleb studied her for a moment, tilting his head to the side, before saying, "You strike more as a Kevin than a Dave Minion." He really was going to have that damnable film stuck in his head for days to come now, maybe he'd make it his personnel item to go to Atlantis with. It'll give him happy memories from when he visited home and happy memories of Claire and this exact conversation.

He caught her as the mood seem to change slightly at the mention of kids, he wondered briefly if he had said something wrong. He was great with kids, kids got on great with him, he was just that kind of person where kids got along with him.

That was when she said she couldn't have children, and he felt his stomach knot up, it was one thing to not want to have children, but he knew it was a complete other to not be able to have children. It pained him to see Claire in such agnoy over such a thing, he smiled softly at her, catching her eye as he said, "That's fine, there are other ways to have children if or when we ever get to that situation."

He felt like a mature adult in saying that, like he was one of them silly guidance books you could pick up from the hospital. It wasn't his nature to be that kind of person dishing out advice left right and centre. But it also didn't determine the outcome of the relationship he was in with Claire. Kids were not the be all and end all of everything, he knew that, it didn't change how he looked at her not one bit.

"Can I ask, why? I mean you obviously don't have to tell me if you don't wish," he said, carefully, he didn't want to open any old wounds he had sum how blindingly stumbled upon.

Then the conversation went back to lighthearted and the smile he had was a little bit more cheeky once more, that was what he liked so much about this relationship he was in, that they could switch from serious to non serious in the blink of an eye and it still seem completely natural.

"Oh that's good, I'll make a point of cashing in that I.O.U all the time then," he said brightly, placing a kiss briefly on her right cheek.

He laughed as she described the mental image she had of him, "Really, that's what you think? WEll you also now just gussed my Halloween theme, although maybe I'll leave the budgy smugglers at home and just turn up in a bow tie for you. Be you're own personel Bond, how that sound?"

The word was a new one on him, he hadn't heard her say that word before, of course he didn't necessarily have to understand it, to hear the emotion behind it. He gathered that it meant something important, and he loved that she kept dropping words into their conversation that had meanings behind that he couldn't understand. He wished he could do the same, drop a word here or there, but languages were not his strong suit.

"Where do we go from here? Well let's see, we both have work tomorrow, then there is this little holiday that I have plans to go on, what about you, dear what are your plans?" He asked, stearing the conversation completely back to lightheartedness, he didn't want to deal with more serious plans at that moment. Of course if she so wished to drive it back that way, he would follow her lead, he'd follow her anywhere.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:58 pm 

Claire couldn't help but smile. Caleb affirming that he would stay as long as she would have him was as powerful as his admitting that he loved her. She wanted to tell him to stay forever, but that would be asking him not to go to Atlantis, and that was the last thing she wanted to do.

She adored Caleb's adventurous spirit, and asking him to stay on earth, just so they could be together, would be selfish and asking him to change who he was, just to suit her. And that would be counterproductive, because he would no longer be the man she had fallen irrevocably in love with.

Another soft kiss, before Claire pulled back and rested her forehead against Caleb's. "I'll always want you with me," she whispered, as close as she could come to admitting she never wanted to lose him. Thing is, that was in her control. Only she could make the decision whether or not to go to Atlantis with him. Caleb, she felt, wasn't going anywhere. It all came down to what she decided to do, whether or not Claire herself decided to end it.

Claire didn't think she had it in her to walk away from this.

"Kevin, huh," she replied, her voice soft, but her smile following through into her words. "And what makes you think I'm like Kevin?" She loved to tease Caleb, and she couldn't imagine what it would be like without him in her life. And really, she didn't have to. Still, she couldn't make that decision yet.

Claire didn't know what she had expected when she had admitted to Caleb that she might not be able to have children, but it wasn't the almost breezy acceptance, and suggestion that they would find a way around it, if it came to it. Her eyes were wet with emotion, and she placed a hand on Caleb's cheek, tenderly caressing with her fingers. "Thank you," she said, her voice choked. They had been together only a matter of weeks, and here they were, almost seriously considering the prospect of children. Still, if she ended up going to Atlantis with him, it was something they were going to need to talk about anyway.

She had known he would ask why, and, aside from her immediate family, it wasn't something she had ever talked about. She was too ashamed. Still, she owed it to Caleb to tell him the truth. It wouldn't be fair on him otherwise.

"You remember I told you about Tama being unfaithful," Claire said, her voice quiet but resolute, determined to tell Caleb the whole, unvarnished truth. She didn't dare look at his face to try to read his reaction, not yet at least. "Well, it seems that he didn't like using protection with one or more of the women he screwed."

Of course, she used her own contraceptive means, and she and Tama hadn't used condoms for years. She had been completely faithful, and had assumed that Tama had been also. However, somewhere along the way, he had slept with someone who hadn't been scrupulous about her sexual health. Tama... well, he had gotten away scot free. Claire, though, had been left to bear the consequences.

She looked up at Caleb, her expression bereft, her eyes bleak. "Tama picked up a dose of chlamydia, which I didn't find out about until we'd been split up for several months. By then, it had turned into pelvic inflammatory disease." She glanced away for a few seconds, gathering her fraying emotions. "While it was easy enough to clear the infection with antibiotics, it had already created scar tissue in my ovaries, fallopian tubes, and at the top of my uterus." She swallowed deeply. "It's reduced my fertility by around... seventy percent, they think." She was lucky enough to still be producing eggs, but whether those eggs were really viable she didn't know. She'd been afraid to find out.

Claire smiled as Caleb bounced back to the easy banter, taking her mind off the seriousness of the conversation they had meandered their way into. "I'll make sure I'm prepared, then, fart gun and all," she chuckled, pushing back the tears and emotion that had overtaken her. No matter what, Caleb seemed to always be able to make her laugh.

"My own James Bond," she laughed, shaking her head. "I don't think that would be suitable for public consumption, e te tau. But I'm going to hold you to that once we get back to the hotel..." She was curious now as to what he was planning to dress up as. She was sure that it would be worth waiting for.

Caleb's lighthearted answer to what had been quite a heavy question was a relief. Claire had raised more than enough spectres that evening, and the last thing that either of them needed was yet another serious conversation. "Sounds like a plan to me," she murmured, both hands sliding onto Caleb's cheeks, her lips dusting over his for a moment. She settled onto his lap a little deeper. "You think they'd let us share quarters in Atlantis?" It was a stray thought, one that had popped into her mind, and dropped from her lips almost instantaneously. A mischievous glint twinkled in her eyes. "Could get interesting if everyone's in dorms..."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:01 pm 
Royal Navy

Her words sent a shiver down his spine, the words were more meaningful to him than the 'Love You' exchange. It held so much potential, he wanted to tell her that he would stay with her no matter what, that if she decided to stay on Earth he would stay with her. But part of him knew, just knew that if he did that, he would make them both miserable, he couldn't stay just for her, sure he would love nothing more than to say no to the Atlantis mission.

To stay curled up in her arms forever more, but he'd always wonder what life would be like if he didn't go, and that wondering would cast a shadow over the both of him, that much he knew for certain. He also could not demand that she go with him, that also wouldn't be fair, and he would never do that.

So them words, the kiss they shared that was his world for the next few days or weeks, he wasn't going to think of the future, he was going to think of the here and now and then time he had to spend with Claire. That was the kind of man he was. Caleb brought a hand up and rested it against her cheek, he knew what them words meant, knew the meaning behind them and he was okay with what ever she decided. That was what his gaze was telling her, no words had to be spoken between them, just a look. For that he was eternally grateful that they could read each other so well.

"Oh I think you are like Kevin in many ways," he replied just as quietly, hand slipping back down to resting on top of her leg. "You're smart, independent and," he stopped talking for a moment, trying to get a suspense going between them. "For a Minion you are very, very sexy." The grin that broke out was bright, and slightly sinful in his own way.

Caleb couldn't help the slight wrinkle of his nose as Claire explained why she could possibly not have children. He knew what it was to sleep to around with different people - hell half the base knew he did that - but he had always been careful. Having protection where protection was needed - yes there had been odd looks from supermarket cashiers when he'd purchased about ten boxes of condoms one time, it was the only time he was on land for a long while, and he had to stock up.

But he could never imagine doing that on purpose to someone, or rather not even getting himself tested to make sure he still had a clean bill of health. Which he had a policy of after every 4 woman he had slept with he'd get checked out just to be on the safe side, might have been over doing it, but for him there was no better way to make sure both parties were satisfied and no one was left with anything unwanted.

The more he heard about Claire's ex, the more he disliked the guy, he vaguely wondered how someone could be so disrespectful not only to their partner but to themselves as well. He really wanted to kick the guys behind, and then show him how to treat a woman. He leant forward and kissed Claire soundly, once more showing her that none of that mattered to him, that he still loved her a lot. That he was going to kill Tama if he ever met up with him.

Pulling away he smiled sweetly at her, "Well if we ever decided to have children then we can always find an alternative way to have them," the sweet smile turned flirty. "Of course they also do say that most child making takes practise and we can always practise, many, many, many times together if you want?"

He knew there was no way either of them was ready to have children, hell he was jetting off to another galaxy soon - which meant he really didn't want to be leaving her with any surprises - but he also knew if they had wanted them they would have talked about it before hand. It was the one thing that he was still half wrapping his mind around, actually talking about the relationship he was currently in instead of just acting in the relationship.

"You're own James Bond will have cocktails waiting, the bed turned down, and the flowers of your choosing strewn across the room if you so wish," he said.

That was the other thing he couldn't quite get use to, this woman, the one that was currently sat rather comfortably in his lap - a position he really shouldn't be enjoying as much as he was - brought out the romantic side of him. He was all cheesy romantic when with her, it was silly and cute and just well it just fitted him so nicely.

The question about Atlantis caught him off guard though, he had thought they wouldn't be discussing Atlantis any further that night. Thought that for now he had to leave Claire to make a decision, he tilted his head and smiled at her, pleased that she for now wanted to talk about it.

"I think that if there is dorms there is going to be some highly jealous women there," he said laughing slightly. "I think there would be separate quarters, or maybe no quarters at all, I mean weren't the Ancients supposed to be higher beings than us? Maybe they didn't require sleep at all, maybe we got to take our sleeping bags with us, camp out under alien sky, be cool."

So maybe he had gotten a little carried away there, but his excitement rivalled that of a young boy before Christmas day. It was all jumpy, excitement making him want to just burn off energy in the fastest way possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next