All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:39 am 
Beta Site CMO

Claire widened her eyes in flirtatious merriment. "Oh, I think I already realised that," she grinned, leaning forwards again, a brief, soft kiss dusted across Caleb's lips. "But seriously, if we can manage to keep it on the level, it could be fun." As a third dan, it was her responsibility to teach and to pass on her knowledge. She had offered her services to the SGC to assist with basic training, especially with self defence techniques for the civilians, but the request was still getting passed around between... well, whoever was responsible for considering that sort of request.

That had been her intention, too, when she and Caleb had first started to spar, but events had been overtaken by the realisation that she fancied the arse off one of her best friends. That now taken care of in the best way possible, Claire might stand a chance of being able to keep her hands to herself throughout a training session.

Maybe.

That being said, they may only have a short time left together, and Claire felt that a different kind of "sparring" may be altogether more fun. She pushed the thought of losing Caleb to the back of her mind. Knowing that the decision was solely down to her was daunting, no matter how far she might be leaning towards going with him. It was the biggest leap she would ever have to make, and there would be no going back, no changing her mind. That was why she needed to be certain that she would be doing absolutely the right thing for her.

Claire laughed, deep and low and husky. "I don't think I've noticed your impatient streak," she grinned, resting her forehead against his for a second. One movement, one word from her, and she knew that Caleb would have her on her back and pinned deliciously underneath him in a heartbeat. "Maybe you ought to let it out to play a bit more often. Who knows? I might like it."

Her voice was a laughing tease, a tantalising invitation to Caleb to be as mischievous and impatient as he liked. Since getting together with him, Claire had been insatiable, and that was due in large part to Caleb mirroring her exactly. She found him irresistible in every way, and, deep down, she knew that she had never felt that way about any other man. Why had it taken her almost forty years to find someone who made her feel... well, alive.

"I don't believe you," giggle Claire, shaking her head. "You've never been caught out? Wow!" It genuinely surprised her, especially knowing Caleb's past. A blush spread over her cheeks, flaming red, and she lowered her eyes. "I have. Only the once, but it was pretty bloody spectacular." She trailed off, shrugging. "Older now, maybe wiser, definitely more careful."

Well, in some ways, anyway.

Claire grinned, kissing the tip of Caleb's nose before leaning in and resting her head on his shoulder. "I guess I'll just have to ask him, then," she said, her voice husky with emotion. So it would seem that there was just one thing left to keep her on earth, but that tie was the strongest possible: family. Whānau. She would be leaving behind her entire past for the love of adventure, and the love of one man. And what happened if it all fell apart? Would the adventure be enough to keep her happy? She honestly didn't know. Who would she be able to fall back on, to rely on? A little voice in the back of her head was whispering Caleb's name. Even if their relationship didn't last, she was certain that their friendship would.

And would that be enough?

Claire thought it just might be.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:55 pm 
Royal Navy

Caleb considered the seriousness of just exactly what Claire said, yes it would be interesting to learn what she had to teach him. Something new to add to his own set of skills, but, there was still a small shadow of doubt in his mind as to whether if he agreed to go along with it, how far would they be able to continue on until it was time for him to leave for Atlantis and possibly leave Claire behind? If there was one thing Caleb did not like doing it was leaving something half finished and sure he was positive that Claire could teach him the basics and he could take that away with him, but would it be enough? Really?

“I foresee me ending up with bruises in places I didn't know I had,” he replied, keeping the levity between them. It would be fun to spar with her, maybe whilst actually wearing the correct clothing this time and not ending up with him noticing that he actually liked, liked the woman in front of him. Maybe it could be a going away present....maybe he had a better idea for a going away present than a bruised backside. Which is what would happen.

He smiled softly as she leant her head against his, these were the moments he seemed to be craving more and more from her. Not the sex – which was completely mind blowing at times – not the making out they did, but this right here, the intimacy that seemed to settle between the two of them. Caleb knew that he could push one way and they'd both be in heaven, or he could hold off a little longer and they still would be happy. It was contentedness at it's best, something that Caleb had not felt in such a long, long time. It was home.

“That impatient streak is carefully managed, sweetheart, it rises up when you least expect it,” he said quietly. He might have an impatient streak a mile long, but well he was good at letting it simmer at the back of his mind right until the most opportune moment. This was not that time, no matter how much he could feel that impatient pushing at the back of his mind. He was saving it, for when they were away together, he just wasn't telling her that. It would be a surprise.

Caleb pulled back a little, smiling brightly at her, “Nope never been caught, I like to know that I can take my time with someone, make them stop thinking for a while, loose themselves in nothing but sensation,” seriously he was going to have to take up writing if he continued speaking like that. “Although you have to tell me how you got caught, now,” he searched her face, not even having to imagine how hot and bothered Claire would have been at that moment.

Caleb captured Claire in a brief kiss, before pulling away, “Ask him, definitely, but I don't want you to think that just cause the job offer is there, that you have to come with.” He knew that no matter what it had to be her decision, and which ever one she came to he was going to be at her side no matter what. It was just rather difficult to put into words for him such things were not easy to speak out loud.

All he found himself wanting now days was for her to be happy – and himself obviously – but he didn't want to push her into making a decision and regretting it. He didn't want that anger thrown at him once more, he had been there, done that, and he didn't want it to happen again. It was why saying the 'I love you' was so difficult to him, it was why he had jumped from one bed to another for well over a year.

He loved Claire, he knew that, with every fibre of his being, he just didn't want to make any wrong decisions and make everything bad between them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:44 pm 
Beta Site CMO

There was a smouldering heat in Claire's eyes, just enough to give Caleb a promise of what was to come that evening, but not enough to fire him up immediately. Well, at least she hoped not, anyway. She was enjoying the closeness they were sharing, and never wanted to give it up. Still, it was a prospect she had to face, no matter what. The sooner she got things cleared up, though, the better.

Chuckling as Caleb said he anticipated more bruises, Claire leaned in and nipped gently at his earlobe. "That can be arranged," she murmured, dropping the words into his ear like honey. Both of them had ended up with more than a couple of bruises on occasion, and not through sparring. Claire supposed that was the danger of testing out every available place in her apartment, as and when the mood took them. If nothing else, it was a whole lot of fun.

Claire was far more sexually adventurous with Caleb than she had ever been, and it was enlightening, to say the least. More than happy to just go with the flow, she had never even considered stopping and thinking, instead relishing every second of her time with Caleb. Not that she had been a doormat, or allowed Caleb to persuade her into doing things that she might not be comfortable with. She had felt comfortable with everything, and more alive than ever.

Caleb made her feel so alive, and she couldn't get enough.

She laughed as he admitted he would be impatient when he was good and ready. "Oh, does it now," she grinned, deliberately pressing herself down in Caleb's lap for a few seconds, before releasing the delicious pressure. "I'll look forward to seeing it rise up, then." Claire's voice contained a deceptive innocence, but her eyes danced with merriment and mischief. She knew full well what he could be like when he got impatient, both in and out of the bedroom. In the bedroom? Not a problem. Out of the bedroom? Well, she had known him long enough and well enough to know how to circumvent his impatience.

Claire blushed. "I think you're very good at that," she chuckled, her cheeks flaming as she considered what she was about to admit to Caleb. Claire had promised herself that she would be honest if Caleb asked her about getting caught out, so... She swallowed deeply. "It wasn't long after I got together with Tama," she began, sounding a little ashamed, although she wasn't sure whether she was more ashamed of being caught, or talking about her relationship with Tama. It could have been either, really. "We were on the west coast, at Bethells Beach, and... well, got a wee bit frisky." Bethells had been Tama's favourite, and was a few miles up the coast from Claire's "place", Karekare beach. "We thought the beach was empty, and went into the grass." Her cheeks grew even more red, if that were possible. "We didn't realise that the dotterels were nesting at the time, and..." She coughed lightly. "One of the rangers stumbled across us." She grinned, shrugged, and shot Caleb a sheepish glance. "I think I may have left my knickers there. Probably had a couple of dotterels hatch in them, to be honest."

Returning the kiss, Claire shook her head. "You're bloody hopeless, you know that," she laughed, giving him another soft kiss. "You know I won't say yes just for shits and giggles, so stop worrying." She didn't want Caleb to realise just how close she was to throwing it all to the wind and telling him there and then that she'd go to Atlantis with him. She had to be sure, and that meant taking some time and considering all the variables.

She smiled softly, catching his gaze with hers. "So... when do you fancy having that chat with my parents," she asked, with more than a little trepidation. Despite the fact that it would be over Skype, nothing physical, Claire knew that it would be a big step for Caleb, and she hoped that it wouldn't be a step too far.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:23 pm 
Royal Navy

Caleb was sure that the woman currently doing rather unspeakable things to his insides was out to kill him via pleasure, especially when she decided that nibbling at his ear was the best possible use of her time. Which really he wasn't one to complain, because well there was some nice heat stirrings twisting in his stomach, as she all but breathed the words into his ear.

It was a promise of not just bruising from sparring with each other, or rather just sparring together it was a promise of so much more they could and would do together. Although he was quite a tall bloke and could handle most of what they did together – and some stuff he didn't even know he wanted to do until he got with Claire – he did still end up bruised at times.

There was a couple of occasions that after their nights together the following day he had bruises that at the time he really couldn't remember acquiring. Thankfully the majority of them were able to be hidden beneath t-shirts and jackets, and well any that were seen and commented on....well he had a reputation most of the time all he had to do was give the person questioning him a look and they'd stop asking.

“I look forward to it,” Caleb replied as the words tickled his ear, making him bite at the bottom of his lip for a moment before letting go and taking a breath. He was one hundred percent sure now that the woman was going to kill him, he was certain.

Especially when in the next second Claire sat herself down deliberately on top of him, his hands gripped her hips slightly harder as she did that and pushed herself back up again. There was a moment, a white out pleasure moment where he was tempted to push her back that way, to get some kind of friction going between them. Because as much as the heat and intimacy was bliss, nothing to his mind could really beat having Claire move in rather interesting ways atop of him.

He would often find himself at moments just watching her when they were together, he never wanted to miss that moment when she found her release. It was something that he held very close himself, something more than the intimacy between them, it was a pleasure to see.

“Keep...ah....that up and you'll...get something rise,” he said, winking at her, hands still not having left her side.

Caleb listened as Claire told her story of getting caught in the proverbial act, so to speak, he had known women that wanted to have sex on the beach. That wanted it to be all moonlight and romance and some part of him would love nothing more to indulge in a romantic gesture like that, but, well it was always the prospect of sand getting into places that it really shouldn't be that always put him off.

He couldn't help chuckling slightly though as she finished her story, out the two of them if anyone ever asked they would assume it would have been him that would have gotten caught, not the too nice doctor that got stuck doing odd shifts that saved children's live to get caught. He could have probably made something up, told her a story of a time he'd been so desperate that he got caught, but well that had never happened and as much as he did like to talk about who he slept with – even if there was no names ever mentioned – he didn't like making things up. Being truthful was the best course of action when it came to bedroom talk.

Caleb brought Claire a little closer to him, kissing her briefly before smiling cheekily and saying, “So getting caught again not on your list of things to do? No more quickies in the office with the door unlocked? The gym where anyone could walk in?” Not that he was adverse to any of them things, he just personally didn't want to get caught either, but the prospect of it could be fun.

“I promise not to worry any more,” he said straight faced. He knew she would not make the decision lightly, yes he worried exactly what her answer was going to be, he wasn't going to stop worrying about the answer. He wouldn't stop worrying until she told him either way, and then he could deal with it, he did better with all the answers than none of them.

Then Claire mentioned her parents, he wasn't sure if he suddenly felt ill from all the food they had eaten, the fact that in-between their little talks had been some mildish foreplay or the fact that the meeting the parents was not something he had done in a...well it was not something he had ever really done.

“It would be rather embarrassing don't you think, to meet your parents in the current state of undress,” he said, smiling as he pushed the top of her top out the way to expose her shoulder. It was silly he knew, but it was such a serious thing to contemplate and he needed to think for a moment.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:30 pm 
Beta Site CMO

Claire wondered whether she and Caleb could get any closer than they were at that moment. Of course they could, but, right there and then, it didn't feel like it. Caleb was the first man Claire had ever been happy and comfortable enough with to want to share every aspect of her life with, and she could only hope that he felt the same for her. She was risking her heart with Caleb, especially knowing what she did about his past, and had to trust that he would keep it safe, and not break it.

Caleb had been one of her closest friends for the past year, and she would trust him with her life. There wasn't anything that they couldn't have talked about, even before getting together. Sure, there were things that they had chosen not to discuss - why they had both been so soured on relationships, for one - but if the topic had come up, Claire would have had no problem with telling Caleb the whole miserable truth.

Now, though, the connection they shared seemed to transcend everything else, overwhelmed anything she had ever shared with another man, and it left Claire feeling as though she was experiencing real love for the first time. Maybe she was.

"Never been fond of bruises myself, she chuckled, brushing a thumb over Caleb's cheekbone for a moment. "But I guess they have their place." Well, not if they were deliberately caused. But incidental bruises acquired doing something enjoyable? They were an altogether different prospect. While she wouldn't take pride in them, or show them off, she certainly wouldn't be ashamed of them.

It became obvious that Caleb's patience and self-control was teetering on the edge as he bit down on his lip, and Claire wasn't far behind. She could feel his excitement stirring and reaching the point of no return, and it surprised her, in a way, that their conversation, their planning, had lasted as long as it had. His hands were solid on her hips, almost as though he were reluctant to let her move again.

Claire laughed. "I think I've already felt something rise," she grinned, leaning forward and placing a teasing kiss on Caleb's lips for a second. They really weren't going to be able to hold out much longer, and she glanced at the clock, surprised that a couple of hours had passed since dinner. In that time, they had planned a trip away, discussed topics that neither of them had dared touch upon before, and taken comfort in one another's presence.

All in all, a productive evening.

The embarrassment danced across Claire's face, and she shot Caleb a sheepish look. He seemed a little surprised that she had been caught out the once, but accepted it in his stride, with a cheeky grin, a tug closer, and a kiss. She giggled at his comments. "I never said that," she replied, her eyes challenging, just for a moment. "In fact, I can think of many, many places it would be worth the risk." The beach at Karekare, for one. She could think of nothing better than making love with Caleb on the wild shore under the moonlight, the waves crashing in the background. However, making love outdoors wasn't for everyone.

The seriousness was back, just for a moment, as Caleb promised not to worry about which way her decision was going to go. Instead, that worry fell back to being Claire's alone. The worry now, though, was more about how she would tell her parents that she was being "reassigned" than whether or not to actually go. It was a giddying feeling.

Caleb blanched, looking terrified at the mention of "meeting" Claire's parents, and she started to think that it might just be a step too far, too soon. Then she compared it to him asking her to move to another galaxy with him, and it didn't seem such a big thing any more. However, given Caleb's commitment-phobia, maybe it was a far scarier thing.

She gave him a throaty laugh as he tugged her top down, exposing her bra strap and a shoulder, before leaning forward and capturing him in a heated kiss. If he didn't want to talk about that right then, so be it, they didn't have to. "My state of undress," she teased, pushing his top up with the utmost in deliberation, slowly drawing fingers over his stomach and chest as she exposed his bare skin. "That's the pot calling the kettle black, don't you think?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:02 pm 
Royal Navy

Caleb chuckled at Claire's response about the bruises and how they could be good if acquired in the right circumstances. Which was a very good thing he did not go around leaving small bruises on her neck, not that he had been into the 'biting' side of things when it got heated between them. Or really with any one else he had ever slept with either, he might have spent his time sleeping with a different woman each week, but that did not mean he wanted to leave a mark on them.

It was too much like staking a claim on someone and although he wasn't necessarily a commitment it did kind of strike him as leaving something of himself behind. So no he stayed very much away from leaving marks on people, or rather he had done. Until he had ended up with Claire and although the thought of leaving a mark on her was not really something he wanted to do, if he got carried away whilst they were together then it would not be an horrendous thing. There were just more pleasant ways of leaving his mark on her without causing any bruising what so ever.

The smile never left his face as Claire made the comment about something rise, god there had been a rise in him for the last twenty minutes or so, of course it was getting harder and harder to ignore the situation. Especially seeing as Claire was talking such things right into his ear at times, that just trickled heat right into him, her own hands on him in what ever position they felt like and the kisses a promise of something so much more.

So the temptation to just let go, give into that impatient side of himself was just about on its last straw. He had returned all the kisses, his hands had pushed the top up to expose skin beneath which was warm, soft and if he remembered correctly - which he mostly did - there would be a definite sweet spot he could reach at this angle.

Caleb might have been all for letting Claire take the lead, let her sit on him, take her time, but well the challenge was put out there and he was stubborn as well as impatient. Smirking the rather very obvious smirk of one that was up to no good, he leant forward kissed her roughly, hands seeking further up her top.

Pulling away his own face flushed, he said, "I think the state of undress is not nearly enough for the evening."

Before he quite literally picked her up, placed her so she was on her back on the sofa with his tall frame fitting perfectly to hers as he pushed the top further up, he kissed his way up her body.....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11