All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:31 pm 
Royal Navy

The smile was still bright as Caleb pushed himself off the table, pulling trousers back on as he did, he was never going to be able to look at her dining room table again and somehow, just somehow he was okay with that. He returned the tender kiss, "At least it wasn't the Mess Hall tables," he said, recalling an earlier conversation they had, had about sturdy surfaces. He was quite pleased to note the table had with stood the test and survived, he'd had to compliment the place where ever Claire had gotten the table from. "Remind me to pay compliments to the maker of such a sturdy table," he laughed, patted the surface.

"Well you know what they say right," he said, trying to keep a straight face, failing miserably as he did so. "You must always eat a good breakfast after a healthy workout and Claire that was some damn fine workout."

He remembered she had been nervous the previous night when things had started to get heady between the two, he said and hopefully shown that she had nothing to be nervous about. But he still remembered that, and hoped even the subtle of confident boost to her would help, even if he was as subtle as brick about it.

"I can help you make some more breakfast if you want, I did make the last lot go cold after all," Caleb said as way of apologising to her. It kind of was his fault they had missed the first breakfast, then also his fault they had missed the fry up Claire was preparing, so it seemed only fair he offered to help with the next batch.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:23 pm 
Atlantis Expedition Deputy CMO

"I don't think we need to scandalise the mess hall that much," grinned Claire, looking around for her robe and realising it was probably on the kitchen floor. A blush spread across her cheeks at that thought. She had been alone for so long that such a thing had been unimaginable just a few days beforehand. Claire laughed, shaking her head as Caleb patted the table. "Ikea's finest," she chuckled. "I guess it's passed its load-bearing test with flying colours."

Claire could tell that Caleb was trying not to grin, and she looked around for something to cover her nakedness, failing miserably. "Any idea where my clothes from last night are," she asked, firing Caleb a cheeky grin. "They won't fit you, you know." She laughed at his next comment, the blush staining her cheeks again. "It was pretty bloody awesome for me too," she said, her voice utterly sincere.

She started padding towards the kitchen, and turned at Caleb's offer to help make breakfast. "Sure, why not? I didn't actually start cooking anything for more than a few seconds, so we can still sort a cooked breakfast." Claire nipped into the kitchen, and reappeared, tying the robe about her. "Question is... do I need to go get dressed, or can you promise you won't get distracted again?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:38 pm 
Royal Navy

"Good old Ikea, they make them strong and sturdy," he added, laughing once more. This was probably the most relaxed he had been in a long time, and it wasn't just to the several rounds of sex they had, had either. There was just something about being in Claire's presence that made him that way, it was something else that had come to light after last night, that even before he thought he liked Claire, he had been relaxed in her company.

That had never happened to him before, yes he could sit back and enjoy himself every time he went for drinks with people, but this time, this time it was different. It was a different kind of relaxed and well he was going to enjoy it for as long as it lasted.

At the mention of her clothing, Caleb stretched down behind the table they had just christened - it really was a good table - holding up her black bra between two fingers, he said. "Yeah think you're right on that one, it just won't fit me."

Bunching the bra up, he put it on top of the table, at least she was going to be able to find it again shortly. He was still having trouble locating his own top, of course he was pretty sure that had been discarded somewhere near the entrance, but it wasn't like it was cold in the apartment. So he didn't have to worry about that just yet.

"I promise to be as quiet as possible so I don't distract you," Caleb said, there was no way he could be quiet for two minutes so that wasn't going to last. Coming to stand next to her, he asked, "So where do you want me?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:58 pm 

Claire laughed again. Caleb had the uncanny knack of keeping a smile on her face, and that had been all the way throughout their friendship. Okay, so it was a different kind of smile now, for different reasons, but it felt so good to be moving things forward with one of her closest friends. So natural. So right.

So at least the bra had come to light, and Claire cast Caleb a mock-appraising look. "Oh, I don't know... I think it would fit around the chest, but you might need a bit of help filling the cups. I think it'll look better on me, anyway." Christ knew where the rest of her clothes were, but they couldn't have gone far. Well, unless the clothes goblin came and stole them in the night.

Claire surveyed the kitchen. It looked as though everything was salvageable: after all, they hadn't been that long, and nothing had really started cooking. Caleb stepped up beside her, and Claire shook her head. "If you're quiet, I'll wonder what you're up to," she said in mock admonishment.

The grin came readily at his next question. "Oh, such a loaded question with oh so many answers," Claire replied, her voice teasing, low and husky. She could think of a hundred answers, and none of them involved cooking breakfast together. She flicked on the grill to restart the sausages, and turned on the flame under the mushrooms. "How are you with making fried eggs," she asked. She didn't know whether Caleb could cook or not, and, given his attempt at toast, she'd be willing to be he couldn't.

Claire raised an eyebrow. "Or we could just forget it, and go out for breakfast?" That option would at least mean that there was no possibility of further "distractions".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:12 pm 
Royal Navy

“Fried eggs, fried eggs,” he repeated, making it look like he was thinking it over, “They the ones you do in the frying pan right?” He couldn't really keep a straight face when around Claire, it was nice and there was a tiny bit of sarcasm coming through in his joking now. It had seemingly turned less flirty – although that was still there in abundance – and more actual joking.

Besides Caleb could actually cook, he wasn't going to be any five star chef at the end of the day, but he could cook up something if needs be. He could remember taking a few shifts in the Mess when he'd been deployed, of course that was more of a reprimand than anything else but he had had his fair share of kitchen duties.

“You wound me Claire,” he said in reply to her comment about him being quiet and up to something, “You think am always up to something, I shall have you know I am a picture of innocence.” He wasn't sure who he was trying to fool with that comment, but hey it was worth a shot in the dark.

He glanced at from the frying pan to Claire and back again before saying, “Lets grab breakfast, on the condition you let me pay. We didn't exactly get to eat the picnic I had expertly made for us for last night. Also, if you can find my t-shirt anywhere, you don't want to be fighting anyone off for a piece of me now do you? Not this early in the morning anyway.” He said, smiling brightly at her and offering a wink as he bragged, it was all said in jest of course.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:59 pm 

Claire rolled her eyes in mock exasperation. "No, they're the ones you do in a microwave," she said, keeping her expression and voice as stern as possible. She failed miserably, the ecstatic grin sliding back into place far too easily for her to be able to carry off the tease. She had the feeling that she was going to be smiling for the foreseeable future. Caleb had a lot to answer for, especially when it would come to having to explain to her colleagues - especially Jake - as to why she couldn't stop grinning.

The butter in the mushroom pan started to melt again, and a light sizzle sounded from under the grill. It smelled pretty damn good. Claire laughed as Caleb tried - and failed - to sound offended. "Innocent, my arse," she snorted. "About as innocent as I am, so I think that makes us a pretty good match."

Claire was probably a damn sight more innocent than Caleb, truth be told, at least in terms of variety of experience. It was going to make for an interesting - and fun - journey between them, she hoped. "Hey, if you're so innocent, does that mean I get to corrupt you?" This, with a sparkle in her eyes, and a smile so joyous it was like that of a small child at Christmas.

Giving an exaggerated sigh, Claire turned the heat off. Caleb was too distracting by far, and if they stayed here, they might not get breakfast at all. "Okay, if you insist," she sighed, before chuckling. "I'll clean up all this crap later. It won't take long." She raked her eyes over Caleb's chest. "If I recall correctly, you tossed your t-shirt somewhere in the general direction of the sofa." She made a mock growl, making claws of her hands. "And they'd have to get through me first, e kairoro!"

Teasingly, Claire slipped the shoulder of her robe down, before untying it, letting it drop, and sauntering past Caleb towards the bedroom. "I guess I'd better get dressed. This isn't exactly suitable attire for breakfast out, is it?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:04 pm 
Royal Navy

Ah the trusty throw the t-shirt behind the sofa trick, he had good aim when it came to that, actually it had just been pure luck that it hadn't landed somewhere more obscure like the top of lamp stand or something. He recalled one time, it had ended up actually hooked up on a coat peg, he still to this day had no idea how it got there but he'd been immensely pleased with himself for the rest of the day.

He watched Claire walk away, leaning against the counter to watch her retreating back as much as possible. He was going to be watching her walk away from him for a long time, it was a wonderful sight, especially now he knew what laid under the clothing she wore. "Well I don't know, I think you look fine in what you're dressed in."

Going into the room where the sofa was, he searching around it until he came to his t-shirt, somehow tucked down one of the sides. Yeah he wasn't sure how that had happened either, he didn't remember stuffing it down there last night, of course last night was quite a blur of pleasure so that didn't surprise him. He shook the thing out, getting rid of any wrinkles that might have occured before slipping it back over his head, thankfully it didn't smell too bad either.

"So breakfast at O'Malley's or that other place you took me to? Which one serves the best?" he asked, pulling on his boots. Even they had been scattered to either side of the room, thankfully they still had their laces in one piece, sometimes pulling the boots off as fast as he did that night would cause them to rip.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:23 pm 

Claire laughed. "Last thing I heard, birthday suits weren't welcome in any decent establishment," she chuckled, glancing back at Caleb over her shoulder as she entered her bedroom. She had half expected him to follow her, if she were honest. If she didn't know better, she'd have thought he was at least ten years younger; he was certainly insatiable enough.

A warm glow spread through her as she thought back through the events of last night. Caleb had been a thoughtful and considerate lover, putting her needs first, letting her take things at whatever pace she was comfortable with. He had seemed to take particular pleasure in exploring her tattoo. Claire had to explain every curl and twist, its meaning and context, as he trailed around and around it, first with his fingers, then with his tongue.

Claire dressed quickly, something suitable for the cool morning: black jeans, heeled boots, purple long sleeved tee. She left her hair down, and, quickly sorting her morning ablutions, headed back into the living room.

It looked like a bomb had gone off in a clothes shop, and Claire chuckled. She'd clean up later. She shrugged as Caleb asked where they ought to go for breakfast. "Honestly, I don't know," she admitted. "I don't tend to go out for breakfast very often. It's usually home or the mess for me. Also, I suppose it would depend on your plans." She knew he was working later that afternoon, but didn't want to put any pressure on him to spend more time with her than he was comfortable with. If he wanted to get back to base, then she wouldn't stop him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:52 am 
Royal Navy

Caleb also didn't know of anywhere that did breakfasts, checking his watch – something that hadn't been lost through the course of last night – it was later than he thought. That meant that not only did he not know of anywhere that sold breakfast he wasn't sure it would still be classed as breakfast serving time. Also he did actually need to change before going on to shift later, there was already bound to be questions asked when he returned to base wearing last nights clothing. “Ah maybe the mess on base,” he answered, looking from his clothing to hers.

As usual Claire looked stunning, he felt rather scruffy in the same clothes as yesterday and contrary to any popular belief, he didn't often remember to carry a spare set of clothes in his car. That was only required carrying if he knew he was going to be sleeping with someone and even then there had been times he'd forgotten. There had been no planning on sleeping with Claire, he had, had every intention of leaving that night and going back to base but...well things had escalated. Not that he was complaining of course, it had been a fantastic night and part of him couldn't wait to be here again with her, maybe next time he'd come prepared.

“As much as I want to just spend the day driving you to distraction,” he said smiling softly at her, “I have to be on shift for two am afraid.”

He really wished he had more time to spend with her, actually a whole day where they did absolutely nothing but laugh, joke, sleep together if the mood took them, and it wasn't something he had ever wanted to do in a long time. To just spend time with someone that he really liked.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:59 am 

Claire noticed Caleb's eyes flick to his watch, and pulled a face as she glanced at the clock on the living room wall. Their little distraction had obviously lasted longer than she had thought. Not a bad thing, but it kind of dampened their plans to have breakfast together.

She blinked, almost in astonishment, as Caleb suggested they eat at the mess on base. It was hardly the conclusion to their somewhat extended date that Claire had hoped for, but, she supposed, needs must. Laughing, she shook her head. "You do know I'm going to need to get changed again," she chuckled. "Can't go into the mess in civvies, can I?" She blew Caleb a raspberry. "Give me two minutes."

It didn't even take one minute. Dark blue combat trousers, her boots, long sleeved black tee, and she was ready to go. She didn't bother with the BDU jacket, but tucked her ID badge into a pocket. She ducked back out into the living room. "I can't believe I'm willingly getting changed for work on a day off," she teased. "The things I do for you."

Still, despite the advancing time, Claire stepped up to Caleb and slid her arms around his neck again. "Well, we're going to have to book a day for us to drive one another to distraction," she said, dusting his lips with kisses between each word. Claire looked up at the clock again, giving it a threatening glance because the hands kept going round and round.

"So... what time do you finish this evening," she asked, not giving him a chance to reply before kissing him once more. Seeing as she wouldn't be able to touch or kiss him again once they arrived at the base, she might as well make the most of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next