All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:46 pm 
Beta Site CMO

She really shouldn't have asked what Caleb was thinking.

The answer she got was simple yet intense, and Claire clenched her legs together to try to stop the very inappropriate feelings - at least for a first date - from coursing through her body. She'd never slept with a bloke on the first date, and didn't intend to start tonight, but it was proving to be far more difficult than she could have anticipated.

It didn't make it any easier that Caleb was making it obvious that he was thinking exactly the same kind of thoughts. Claire swallowed as Caleb's gaze bored into her, and she held onto his hand a little more tightly. He squeezed back, an unspoken acknowledgment of what was passing between them. She took a deep, steadying breath, not sure whether she was able - or wanted - to slow things down any longer. Still, a little voice in the back of her head urged caution, even if just for tonight.

She was more than aware of Caleb's reputation for short flings - many of which he had told her about throughout the course of their friendship - and she didn't want to be just another notch on his bedpost. That being said, what was happening didn't just seem like lust, felt far deeper. She just had to hope that it wasn't just her seeing things like that.

Claire held Caleb's gaze as he spoke her name, his voice as serious as it had ever been. It seemed as though he was about to say something important, and Claire could only guess what it was. However, he became lost for words, but words weren't needed. Claire shivered as Caleb's fingers started to trace up her arm, her breath quickening as she realised she didn't want him to stop. Everything was spinning out of control, and, gently, she reached across with her other hand, stopping his fingers in their tracks.

"Not here, not now," she said, her voice so soft that it was little more than a whisper. The last thing she had wanted was to stop him, but someone had needed to slow things down. "I don't want us to be just a one night thing, okay?" Her own voice was serious now, and her green eyes were sincere. "If we start something... I want to know that we're both going to give it a chance to last."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:52 am 
Royal Navy

Having his hand stopped in its tracks, along with Claire saying she wanted to wait, it was a bit like a bucket of cold water being put on him. The fire was still there, it hadn't died completely but his head was clearing, it didn't feel so much like he had lost the ability to speak. He knew his own reputation was going to be playing against him the whole way through the start of this courtship, that was his own fault. Not that he was ashamed of any past transgressions he had done, at the end of the day he was a healthy, not so young any more, man and he had often let his desires rule what happened.

But not now, not with Claire, no matter how many times in the past he had mentioned spending a night with someone – that was what best friends were for sharing far too much detail – this time, this time he wanted to do it properly. Which meant no matter how much the fire in his stomach was raging, the lust clouding his own judgement at that moment, he was going to back down. He was going to step away and breath for a moment, because the whole evening had so far been running on some new kindled desire and he wanted that desire to last more than a night.

“I know, I know,” he said, words thick on his tongue. He pulled his hands completely away from her, no contact meant no more rampaging hormones to contend with, which if that meant they stretched that desire out to the next few dates and further into the future....well that is what he was going to do. “I will do everything to prove to you that you aren't just a one night stand, I know that my reputation is going against what am saying, but you are more than a one night stand.”

Caleb was sure that no matter how sincere he sounded that his past history spoke volumes more than he could, of course he had never made such promises to anyone else before. The lust was slowly receding from him, a small smile crept over his face, a softer smile than any of the others before, “I think, maybe I should walk you to your car? Save the rest for date number two.”

He didn't want her to think he was cutting out on their date, but he needed, well he needed time to cool off otherwise he was sure the night would take a turn neither actually were ready for. But he also didn't want her to think it was anything she had done, this was purely him, when he got back to his quarters he was sure he was going to have a sleepless night.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:39 am 
Beta Site CMO

Was that hurt in Caleb's warm, brown eyes?

Instantly, Claire felt guilt surge through her, and annoyance at herself. Wanting to slow things down was one thing, but hurting the man sat opposite her was quite another. Sometimes, being so straight talking could be a curse, and this appeared to be one of those moment. The feelings for Caleb that were racing through her body did not want to be ignored, and her emotions were largely in agreement. Still, caution was winning the day - though only just - but it was obvious that it wasn't coming across that way.

He pulled his hands back across the table as though he had been burned, swearing that he would prove to her that it wasn't just going to be one night. That wasn't what Claire wanted or needed, though. Holding his gaze, she reached across and took his hand again, very deliberately lacing her fingers with his, and squeezing with reassurance.

"E taku tahu," she murmured, her eyes gentle, and the fingers of her free hand now placed over their linked hands. "You have no idea how much I would love to take you back to my place tonight." She smiled, her eyes full of mischief. "But we're both working in the morning, and, trust me, I don't think either of us would be in any state to work tomorrow. That... and I've never slept with a bloke on the first date, and I don't intend to start now. It's not your reputation that's a problem, believe me."

She'd certainly never seen Caleb looking at any of his SGC one night conquests the way he was looking at her, and that was encouraging, to say the least. His suggestion to walk her to her car was... disappointing, she found. After all, it meant that the date would be over, and she'd probably spend all night tossing and turning, wondering whether she should have done something different.

"Just so you know... I don't want this evening to end, Caleb," admitted Claire. "But... let's not leave it too long before our next date, okay? I don't think I can wait very long." She squeezed his hand one more time before letting go with the greatest of reluctance, and rummaging in her pocket for her wallet to pay her share of the bill. She shot Caleb a cheeky grin.

"And you can walk me to my car... if you promise me a goodnight kiss."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:07 pm 
Royal Navy

Caleb was surprised when she took his hands again, and then she explained that it wasn't his reputation but the fact they had work the next morning, some small part of him. That part that was still a tiny bit human to his military side, didn't quite believe her, but he nodded in kind. It was the truth they were both working the day shift tomorrow, which was unusual that they both got day shifts, normally there paths had crossed either as one started and the other finished. Or if he had ended up in the infirmary, which compared to some of the base personnel was less times than them, but more times then he would like.

“I'd still like to prove to you, that am not just a one night stand,” he said sincerely. There were lots of ways he could prove that, not only to Claire, but to himself as well and he was going to take delight in showing such things.

He pulled out his own wallet, leaving his own share – an a small tip for the waitress – of the bill, before leading Claire outside. “Promise there will not be a long wait till our next date, there are plans already in place,” he said as they left the building and were back outside.

It was dark now and Caleb vaguely wondered how long they had been dining, but was reluctant to actually look at his watch. If he did that it was going to break this kind of outside time bubble he had felt himself in throughout the entire evening. “Good night kisses I can do,” he replied leading her over to her car.

He couldn't help raising an eyebrow at the look of her car, it was slightly beaten up, and he felt a pang of regret that it wouldn't just be Claire he wasn't getting his hands on that night. But he didn't think offering to take a look at the car was high on the list of first date etiquette so he bit his tongue and didn't comment.

Letting his gaze travel back to Claire, he smiled, she was standing at just the right angle for the nearest street light to catch her and in that moment for one split second Caleb was sure that he wouldn't get bored of ever looking at her. Caleb got lost in looking at her for a moment, finally realising that when they did finally get together it wasn't going to be as heated as what had been happening in the restaurant, he was going to take his time and explore as much as he could. If that meant driving them both crazy, well he was good at making people crazy around him.

Stepping towards her, the smile became slightly sly, as he came in close, one hand still gripping her arm as he backed her up towards her car heat rising in him again. Other hand coming up to rest against the side of her face, before kissing her straight out, no hesitation, no doubt as to what this was what they both wanted. Nothing but pure lust running through him for that one specific moment as he kissed her with near enough everything he had.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:03 pm 
Beta Site CMO

The expression in Caleb's eyes turned from hurt to surprise, and, teasingly, Claire lifted one of his hands to her lips, kissing the knuckles in the same way he had done to her earlier. She liked him, really liked him, and wanted him like she couldn't remember having wanted someone in a very long time. This was worth taking their time over, not rushing a thing, and making sure it was going to stick. After all, they had to work together, and there was nothing worse than having to work with an ex, if everything had gone down in flames.

Claire smiled at Caleb's sincerity. "I'm ready to be convinced," she replied, the smile growing in breadth. She had no doubt in her mind now that she and Caleb wanted the same thing, and that neither of them were ready to let this turn into a one night stand. Still... the caution won over with Claire, and she wouldn't be taking him to her bed that night.

Soon, though.

Pooling her money with Caleb's in the middle of the table, Claire shrugged her jacket on, and, taking his hand, allowed Caleb to lead her outside the pub. She laughed as he echoed her own sentiment. "Well... seeing as we're both on day shift tomorrow... if you're not sent offworld, and we both end up with the evening free, how about tomorrow night?" Maybe that was fast, maybe that was rushing it, but she couldn't wait to see him again. More to the point, she didn't want to wait to see him again.

Following Caleb through the shadowed parking lot, Claire grinned at his promise of a goodnight kiss. If nothing else, she wanted to feel the heat rising between them again, and this time without an unwanted and unexpected audience. Caleb seemed to appraise her car for a few seconds, the slightly beaten up X-Trail. Perfect for driving around the mountainous terrain, she had taken it offroad as often as she could, which explained its appearance.

Claire herself, though, was more interested in watching Caleb. Sure, she had appreciated his physical attributes before, in a purely platonic sense, but now all she could think of was what that glorious body would fit against hers, and how those calluses on his hands would feel as they traced over her skin. That was something she had best not think about, though, not if she wanted to keep her resolve about not sleeping together on their first date.

Her breath caught in her throat as Caleb backed her up against the bonnet of her car, his hand resting against her face for just a moment before he moved in for a kiss. Claire didn't hesitate to return the kiss with as much fervour and passion as Caleb put into it, one arm snaking around his neck, the other resting on his cheek. Her knees felt weak, and she was glad she was leaning up against the car.

The kiss seemed to last forever before they eventually broke apart, leaving Claire breathless. The pent-up passion in that kiss had said everything that they had been skirting around that evening, and everything that they wanted from one another in the future. "Wow," she murmured, before giggling. "I feel like a teenager who just had her first kiss."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:25 pm 
Royal Navy

He was pretty damn breathless after that kiss, and not wanting to loose contact with her just yet, he trailed a few kisses down her neck coming to a stop just at her jacket collar before finally having to admit defeat and moved slightly away. “You aren't the only one feeling like a teenager,” he said breathlessly, the jeans doing absolutely nothing to disguise anything from view that evening.

Clearing his throat slightly, trying to regain some kind of control and to calm everything down, he finally answered her question, “Tomorrow evening, so long as we are both free, I can do that.” He wasn't sure how much free time was going to last, something always came up at some point that would throw a spanner in the works, especially with work at the SGC. But making plans, very positive plans seemed to give him a sense of normalcy that did not often come around very often and as much as he knew he shouldn't get his hopes up of getting that second date he couldn't help it.

He leaned in again, this time for a much briefer, chaste kiss before stepping out of her personnel space, if he didn't he wasn't likely to let her go any time soon. “I'd say stay out of trouble, but I know where you work,” he said, smiling. “Tomorrow evening, around the same time? Maybe just this time without all the gym seeing us yeah?”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:25 pm 
Beta Site CMO

Claire groaned softly as Caleb's lips traced a line down her neck, his progress impeded only by her jacket. Part of her wanted to shrug the jacket off, allowing him access to what little skin was exposed by her jumper, but she resisted. The chill in the night air was one reason, but also because if she let him keep kissing her like that, there was no way he wasn't going to be going home with her.

She giggled, glancing down at the very obvious physical expression of how Caleb was feeling. "I can tell," she murmured, running a thumb across his cheekbone in a tender, intimate gesture. She smiled as Caleb agreed to a date the next evening. "My shift finishes at four, so that means I should be done by six, as long as the shit doesn't hit the fan. What are your hours?" She knew from the rosters that he was working in the morning, she just didn't know his exact shift. "And if the shit hits the fan... then we make another plan." There was no way she was going to let anything get in the way of them having another date, and, she hoped, much more after that.

The second kiss was almost a disappointment after the heat and passion of the first one, and Claire was heartened that Caleb seemed every bit as reluctant as she was to end the evening. In the end, though, he stepped away from her, and it was as though a light had gone out. "If I was looking to stay out of trouble, I wouldn't be here with you," she said, her voice soft.

Claire chuckled, nodding. "Tomorrow. 7.30ish? You'd better tell me what I should wear, too." She didn't want to dress up if he was going to take her for a hike, or something. "Oh, and... I think it's best if we don't meet in the gym this time. How about we scandalise the mess hall instead?" A tease, but as good a meeting place as any.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:56 pm 
Royal Navy

"Five is when I am supposed to finish, of course like you say if the shit hits the fan it could be later," he replied quietly. He didn't want to think that actually if he got stuck into a project then it was more than likely he was going to forget the time, but he was already prepared for that he was going to make sure that an alarm went off on his watch before he was due to leave. He wasn't going to miss out on spending time with her.

Caleb smiled when he thought of where he was going to take her that next date, hoping she would like it and knowing that he was going to have to commandeer a couple of things. "Scandalising the Mess sounds like such a much more fun idea, 7.30 sounds good," he replied, "For me you could come in nothing, but it'd be a bit cold, something warm is what I'd suggest."

It was probably not the most dressed up date ever he was taking her on, but he could do fancy wine and dining when they had more than just one evening together. That is of course if they ever got to the spending a weekend together, but Caleb was hopeful for the future.

"Ah sweetheart we can make all kinds of trouble together next time, am sure," he said offering her a cheeky wink and a smile, taking another small step backwards. The more space he put between them, the better at actually leaving was going to be, maybe, it was just going to be a long journey home, especially with pressing matters as they were.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:17 pm 
Beta Site CMO

Nodding, Claire reached out and brushed the backs of her fingers against Caleb's cheek before he got too far out of reach. She didn't want the evening to end, and definitely didn't want him to go right now. "Well, if the shit hits the fan, we grab whatever time we can," she said, her tone simple and straightforward. "If either of us can't make it, we just let the other know, and we work it out from there." While there was a very real possibility that their plans might be blown out of the water, she also knew that there would be ways they could spend time together around whatever crisis had hit.

Her eyes widened a little, and Claire blushed as Caleb said she could go on their date naked as far as he was concerned. Oh yeah, this is only heading one way... "Something warm it is, then," she said, her voice intrigued as to what he had planned. Could be just about anything, really. Somewhere dressed down suited her down to the ground, though. Claire never had been the dressiest of women, and it was rare that you would see her in a skirt or a dress.

She saved the big guns for the occasions that counted.

"I get the feeling that 'trouble' is your middle name, Caleb Williams," Claire chuckled, shaking her head. She frowned, cocking her head to one side. "Oh, that's right," she said, before bursting into a bright smile. "You don't have a middle name, do you?" The smile turned mischievous, and Claire just about resisted walking towards him and stealing another kiss. "Caleb 'Trouble' Williams. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:37 pm 
Royal Navy

"Yeah if either of us can't make it, we let the other know," agreed Caleb, "I'll just send one of my lackays to let you know, oh wait I don't have any, means I will just have to come tell you in person." The laugh was bright, he was going to find anyway to see her, if that meant he had to go and tell her in person that he couldn't make the date the following night, then so be it. He was refusing to acknowledge that he could probably just as easily send an email or there were phones that would connect from one place to another.

Caleb threw a mock angry face at her, "Trouble? Me? Are you sure you are on about the same Caleb Williams?" he asked, smiling. This was good, this was nice leaving a date on this kind of good vibe, it was what he had been worried about when he had first arrived earlier that evening that he was going to mess everything up and everything would get ruined.

"Besides I might have a middle name, you don't know that," he replied, he didn't have any middle name and he knew for a fact that she was going to know that having looked at his medical record enough times in the past. But well he wasn't one for letting a joke go, "Am a man full of mysteries, mysteries that I can not share on a first date for fear of upsetting sensibilities." The silliness was back, and well if this dragged out the end of the date longer than so be it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next