All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:13 am 
Tok'ra

September 21, 2014
Ihop Restaurant
Colorado Springs

Should we do this? Udish asked as Akash got out the car he drove. He was awed by the mountains and the snow.

No, Aksah replied as he walked towards the door, but you want the pancakes right?. The Historian was now also a liasion between SGC and the Tok'ra. He was back on Earth after quite a while away on another planet where the Tok'ra lived. While he didn't mind the length of time, he missed Earth and the food it offered.

Yes, if the symbotie could nod he would have. Yet there had been a child like plea to his request to come out here and have pancakes.

Good, that means you won't waste my time, right? Akash opened the door and walked in, and requested for a table which was shown to him quickly.

Udish noted a little anger in his host's voice and tried not to pry, yet he was certain that it had something to do with not going to India. No, I'll behave. Better than listening to lectures.

He opened the menu book and scanned it. Too many choices, Akask realised, just too many. His stomach might not have enough room.

Tag: Anyone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:14 pm 
US Army

Stomach grumbling Mere was a way past peckish, and was cruising down to ravenous pretty quickly. Having driven up to through the mountains that earlier this day she’d been running a trail within, Mere spotted the neon sign that stood as a beacon, guiding her into the parking lot of the restaurant that she hoped was going to hit the spot she needed filling.

Checking her cell as she moved through the lot towards the door, Mere was a little dismayed that no one had replied to her mass summons for a food run, although it wasn’t a major issue, she had plans to mosey on down to O’Malley’s after getting her grub. The local watering hole was more readily frequented in the evening, but variety was the spice of life, and the pancakes here were amazing!

Stepping through into the warmth of the eatery, Mere shrugged her jacket free from her shoulders as she smiled at the hostess,
“Afternoon’ – How you doing. Table for one please” Following the woman as she wove in amongst the other tables, Mere glanced around at the other patrons, noticing that it was crowded enough for people to not to pay too much heed to solitary woman, but not so full that it the cacophony of too many ruined the mood.

Studying the menu that had been left for her and deciding she’d been good enough for three courses, and knowing exactly what three she was going for, Mere returned to people watching as she waited for a server to take her order.

It was then that she spotted someone a little familiar a table over to her right and back a row. He looked a little like one of the historians that had been part of a team she’d been out with a while back, not someone she’d normally interact with a whole lot. Still he was also a colleague, and if she remembered correctly, a Tok’ra, which sort of made his note being on base a whole lot more interesting.

Leaning back in her chair, Mere glanced around before deciding to attract his attention,
“Hi – Glad I’m not the only one with a pancake craving”

Last edited by Meredith_Blake on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:27 pm 
US Army

Since her personal debacle on P8X-873 had ended up turning her upper left arm into one bigass scar, Joey had decided it was time to avoid further potential third-degree burns by getting back into shape. Two years of not keeping up with a decent fitness regimen had officially come to an end in the past week as Davidson hopped right back into the workouts she used to go through daily before joining the SGC. It was kicking her ass right now, but constantly being out of breath for the first month would be worth it when she was able to actually outrun the next stupid staff blast.

This weekend in particular had been one long slog of gym time and long runs so far, and right now Joey was in the middle of a jog that had been going on way too long for her to remember. Blast enough 80’s music into your ears and you can forget where you are and what time it is pretty easily, as it turned out, though even some cranked-up Queen blowing through her headphones wasn’t enough to keep her from gradually slowing down. In fact, her jog was starting to approach something more akin to a walk that wanted to be a real run when it grew up one day.

Okay, okay. Break time. Panting rather noticeably, Joey came to a stop right in front of a certain pancake restaurant, and planted her ass on the first bench that she saw. Once she was off her feet, she reached down to her waist and pulled out a water bottle that was quick fifty percent lighter; rule number one was Cardio, and rule number two was Hydration.

She paused to turn around at look at the establishment she’d stopped in front of. Hm. Had been a while since she’d stopped into one of these places, though certainly not because the food was bad. Moreover it was due to a combination of committing accidental treason and being in the SGC’s Infirmary with a nasty burn. Said wound was, against the better judgement of just about everyone, currently undressed and exposed by her tank top for all the world to see. Nobody probably wanted to see the burnt, scraggly flesh that had come to cover her entire arm, but Joey herself didn’t much like the idea of some wrap getting soaked in sweat and pressing those fluids into the wound, sealed though it may now have been.

It wouldn’t be good for her at all. She needed to be eating better, less fatty food, more exercise. Pancakes were a step in entirely the wrong direction for these improvements she was trying to implement. Plus, with her temporary pay reduction, she needed to be eating cheaper than normal so as to still be able to pay for things like, say, her rent. There was absolutely no good reason for her to even consider stopping her run to go inside and stuff her face with pancakes.

”Ah, fuck it.”

So much for her diet, at least temporarily. The captain hopped up to her feet and shuffled over inside the restaurant, running one hand through short hair that was currently sticky with sweat. The greeter was polite to her as she entered, probably with great effort considering Joey looked like hell with her workout gear and massive scar, to say nothing of how bad she must have smelled. Before she could be led to a seat, however, she spotted a certain medic already hanging out at one of the tables. Hell, this was good timing after all. Her shoulders dropped slightly in relief that at least one person would know her face while shambling over to greet Blake.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:08 am 
US Air Force

Working underground in a mountain with no sun or daylight, is definitely challenging, especially being a workaholic who works underground in a mountain as most SGC personnel do on a daily basis. IHOP definitely isn't one of his Caidens favorite restaurants but who the hell knows what other restaurants are around Colorado Springs. Caiden parked his red dodge charger in the parking lot and walks into the IHOP by himself not entirely knowing people at the SGC at least not on a personal basis which is weird for Caiden.

Caiden walks in and is seated at a table for one and he brings his laptop with him to keep him company to catch up on the outside world and to go on Facebook... Caiden likes to eat healthy and always works out but eating pancakes means more of a run he'll have to do later today to burn off the extra calories, however starving himself isn't exactly healthy which means more of a run he'll have to do.

Caiden looks at his menu mainly at the drinks since he already knows what to get for food. Orange juice would do, Caiden was still waking up after getting a nice long sleep and trying to enjoy his day off. Caiden puts his menu down and opens up his laptop and checks his emails and social network accounts as he orders his food and looks around the room to see if he notices anyone, no familiar faces in sight.

Oh well Caiden will make sure to relax today since he hasn't really relaxed in well 15 or so years. You can't relax in medical school and definitely not during residency and fellowship and definitely not being a trauma surgeon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:48 pm 
Tok'ra

Ihop Restaurant
Colorado Springs

He poured over menu and the selections made it harder for him to choose his meal. Things were being made worse by Udish ooohing and ahhing in his mind over the selection. He was trying to ignore the off-hand comments from the Tok'ra in his mind. Like a child Udish seemed picky. He wasn't going try that, didn't want the other one, or something wasn't just right with another selection. He almost was going scowl at the symbotie when he saw another face trying to gain his attention.

Smiling at the woman, he listened and nodded, "I'm glad I'm not the only one," he replied as he set the menu aside for a second. For starters he might just have the iced tea, while he convinced Udish to try the Raspberry & Peach Pancakes. Something new might keep the Tok'ra's mind busy with flavors.

I'm not trying that, Udish huffed as he eyed Blake and was ready to be his charming self.

Oh yes you will, Akash was firm in his mental tone, it's not going to kill you.

Tag: Blake/All

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:19 pm 
US Army

“So, not that I mean to intrude or anything; but you look like a kid in a candy shop. All of the choices, and no clue where to start” Turning her whole body in the chair so she wasn’t twisting uncomfortably, Mere grabbed her own menu and glanced over it briefly.

“The raspberry ones are amazing. Blueberry a solid contender to though, unless you fancy something a little sweeter, in which case chocolate chip ones are a solid start” Acknowleging motion out the corner of her eye, Mere turned back to her table as a server appeared to take her order. The change in direction also let her spot another familiar face ambling through the restaurant, and she raised a hand to acknowledge her.

“Can I just get a coffee and a pitcher of ice water please” She smiled brightly at the young man who wrote down her request and moved through the tables, stepping to one side to let the sweaty strawberry blonde pass.

“Hi. What brings your hot sweaty mess in here?” Indicating the chair opposite her, Mere looked the Captain up and down, noting that the healing staff wound was uncovered which was probably against medical advisement. “I’ve ordered some water; you look like you need it”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:38 am 
Thor

((OOC: as Joey's player is away, please post around her.))

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:50 am 
Tok'ra

A smile drew on Akash's face at the comment, placing the menu aside he looked at her. The dark hair tamed like every other female who was in the military. He didn't have anything against woman in the front line. "I'm not the one who is kid in the candy store." He didn't get a chance to tap the side of his temple to indicate who was excited.

"I'm up for trying them," Udish spoke up, looking at Blake eagerly, throught Askah's eyes and mind.

"You are only saying it cos she recommended them."B He told the young occupant of his body as he noted another server coming their way, "I'll have a ice tea for now. As I'm still deciding which ones."

"Chocolate?"

"You be hyper and I won't get any work done."

He could sense the disappointment flowing his mind and heart. But the answer was still no chocolate pancakes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:15 pm 
US Army

Uh huh.

Mere wasn’t one to go running to the authorities to tell them what folks were up to in their spare time, and provided that her new friend and his little buddy were behaving, then she saw no need to tell tales.

It looked like he was having a battle of the minds, and leaving him to his little debate Mere had ordered her drinks and engaged in a brief conversation with her team mate. The general gist of which had been that Davidson was on a self-improvement kick, the I Hop was en route and encompassing of bathroom facilities and sweet, pancake-y goodness. The craving must have been fleeting however because no sooner had the server returned with the drinks, the Captain had downed a glass, mumbled something about sticking to the regime and made her exit.
Turning back in her seat to face her previous conversational partner, Mere decided to pay a little more attention, and do them both a favour.

“Seeing as I’m on my own, and you are new to the I Hop experience, how about I join you and see if I can get some inspiration for my lunch”
Shooting the guy her best winning smile, Mere slid from her seat and placed her coffee in the setting opposite him, falling into the chair and picking up the menu she’d bought with her.

“I’m Mere by the way, and thinking about it I am erring on the side of fruity pancakes?”

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]