All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Play with McKay?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:35 am 
Atlantis Expedition CSO

So, Rodney is in a total of 2 threads and I'd like to get him a little more action. (and doesn't that just sound worse out loud?) And I'd like to explore the change he's trying to make with being a little nicer. He'd learning from the incident with Teal'c and the Gate (and just how unholy the luck of SG1 can be. They break Physics!)

So, since he'd back from Banishment and working towards Atlantis, he needs to interact with people. People that don't want to kill him. (at least not right away. LOL)

And on that note:

Anyone wanna play with the infallible (snort, giggle) McKay?
I'm usually on daily. And work hard on replies!

Post subject: Re: Play with McKay?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:02 pm 
Loki

Wanna make a personnel complaint to the Sgt Major?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:11 am 
Atlantis Expedition CSO

a complaint? in charactrer or out? LOL

Im just looking to get him some action.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:14 pm 
Thor

I have a pair of civilians to toss at you: Claire Te Atua, an emergency surgeon, and Ruth Tolliver, a linguist.

Claire's usually to be found in the infirmary, and rarely goes offworld. She's one of the more senior civilians in the infirmary, and, even though she's a surgeon, is active in day to day medical life too, so she's likely to have treated or checked over most people on the base at some point or other. She's friendly and laid back, but has no time for arrogance, and has no issues in taking someone to task if they are being an arse, military OR civilian. She has a good sense of humour, though, so they could well get on.

Ruth, though... well, Ruth likes to see the best in everyone. She can come across as a bit naive, a bit dippy, but she's fiercely intelligent, and speaks more languages than I can remember without going to check. She'll at least give everyone a fair go when she meets them, and it will take a lot for her to realise when someone's just being an asshole.

And then there's Carson...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:16 am 
Atlantis Expedition CSO

Rodney tries to avoid doctors, though he might interact with Claire more. Since Carson is being a bit of a brat to him. The next time he gets injured.

Ruth might be helpful with some work on some Ancient text or some device that was brought back and dumped in Rodney's lab.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:21 pm 
Royal Navy

I have two characters, dunno how much either of them would interact with McKay.

Caleb - Kinda already met, but he's a weapons specislist, has a reputation as long as his arm at times. Is a very friendly person, doesn't get angry that easily so could probably actually stand McKay ranting and raving at him all with a smile on his face. He doesn't really not get along with people, unless you try to kill him (please don't try) Caleb is pretty easy to get on with.

Elvria/Parnell - Not sure how these would meet, if at all, Elvria is too trusting at times, so she'd probably trust McKay right off the bat. Parnell is stubborn and doesn't trust easily. Again not sure how these two would meet.

But am open to any thread ideas to any of the characters. :D

Also as a side note Caleb is going to Atlantis, Elvria/Parnell is not.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:54 pm 
US Air Force

I can throw at him Bryony or Lorne. In terms of Lorne obviously there is a reference to them in Violation so any thread would have to be post violation as Lorne only knows of McKay of this point rather than had a lot to do with him.

Perhaps given Bry's occupation McKay might have crossed her path a few times before. I don't think she's one to follow the crowd in terms of her opinion of people. I think McKay's ways would have kept her entertained a smiling at least on the outside during visits to the infirmary.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:15 am 
Atlantis Expedition CSO

Caleb: I think McKay and Caleb are getting along pretty good in the in "Anticipating Atlantis" thread. McKay kinda likes him so far.

Elvira/Parnell: they're only likely to interact with Rodney if they do so in the Mess Hall while they're in the middle of the lockdown that's happening.

Lorne: Interaction has happened briefly, maybe after "violation" they might have something. I'd like that. Someone that might snark back. Hopefully in a fun way. McKay is trying to be a better person.

Bry: I think some Infirmary scenes would be good. Rodney is forever taking care of the messes of his minions and likely to get hurt now and again.. And he's a hypochondriac so he's more likely to go there. She's a doctor/nurse, right? I thought I read that but... I'll double check later.

EVERYONE ELSE: I'd still like to have Rodney interact with as many people as possible! Thanks for all the responses.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:14 pm 
Australian Defence Force

If you want someone to give Rodney a good kick in the teeth, Jess is your girl.

If you don't want him to have to get dentures, then I don't think it would work out between us. It's not you baby, it's me. *dramatic pose*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:01 am 
Atlantis Expedition CSO

ROFL. Yeah, Rodney likes his teeth the way they are. Thanks.