All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:09 pm 
US Air Force

Friends
Her friends call her Sun. Colleagues she befriends will also say "Sun-Tzu" to her, because she is a military strategy buff.
She is not the easiest person to befriend, but is not totally disinclined to social contact either. Once she makes a friend, she will be very loyal and caring. She has a pretty odd humor and you have to understand her kind of jokes and pranks. Sometimes this will take a while...
She also likes to spar with people at the gym. On that occasion she has already ended up frightening other with her jian sword. But she does nothing with it that she can't completely control. In the same vein, she likes to pass on her skills and also to see how others fight.

Lovers
Sun is married and Catholic. The relationship with her special-operator husband is very passionate and, she is a good lover in other respects as well. While absolutely faithful and not looking for another love, she can also flirt and wolf-whistle after other men when she is off duty and feeling extra cheeky. Having spent a lot of time in SF combat support, her manners with men and sense for romantic encounters are a bit umm... special. She'd totally go out on a pub crawl with a horde of men and the hubby would not even mind much. ;)

Enemies
She has a bit of a fearful reputation with junior officers and NCOs because she can be somewhat uppity and likes to make people think that she bites. While she has no real full-blown enemies, some people are wary of her, especially when they do not know her. If someone really crosses her though (which is much, much rarer than it seems) she is an enemy to be afraid of.

Habits
Sun grew up in a foster family with Taiwan-Chinese roots. As a result she is a fan of pretty strong herbal teas, which she also likes to offer to others as a dare.
At least once a day she is off to the gym to do her kung fu and sword routines. if she needs to think or vent, it can also be twice a day.
She also likes to swear in Chinese.
Off-duty she is usually quick to leave base to be with her son and family. Her son, Liam, is three and pretty adorable. When you meet her off-base before his bed time, you will have the chance of meeting him, too. (And sometimes also to hear him bicker in languages other than English).

Where will you find her?
On base, she is most often in her office, which she currently shares with Fia, at the gym or in and out of mission briefings, in her function as senior strategy advisor.
Off base, she would be about town shopping with her son, at a good pub or in the park reading.

[Side note from Ness: At the moment I am only simming part-time and with a small quantity of posts because of uni being in its last throes and my sewing/blogging stuff. But I'm open to almost anything nevertheless. ;)]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:16 am 
Royal Navy

I have two to give to you here:-

Caleb - Well you've seen his reputation am sure, so am sure Sharpe would have heard of something along the grapevine, depending how long she has been there. I can't really see them being enemies, unless you are planning on shooting at Caleb (please don't. :P) he has very few enemies. If can flirt with the best of them, then well Caleb isn't one for backing down from that. Am not sure how they would cross paths though, he isn't one for going to the gym (last time he did that he got his ass handed to him). Am sure they would have crossed paths at some point, but it would be interesting to see how their sense of humours mesh together, Caleb is quite the cheeky brat at times. :P

Elvria/Parnell - As with everyone, Elvria can be quite trusting, she wants to trust as many people as she can. Parnell, Parnell does not trust easily, so again depends on how long Sharpe has been on base for as to whether or not Parnell semi-trusts her. Am not sure how there paths would cross to be honest, Elvria would not be down in the gym, although there is quite a thread going on between Fia and Elvria right now. So if Elvria ever sought out Fia, they could possibly cross paths that way.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:07 pm 
US Air Force

Sun would like to meet Caleb very much. And she is privy to the grapevine and would know a bit about his shenanigans too. Most likely they would be meeting in or out the briefing room or at the mass hall which would make for some interesting conversation. Especially when an away team has just had a slip-up and she is moody already...

And the office scenario sounds likely. Sun has been around for a few years and they would know each other more or less fleetingly. If Elvira comes to visit Fia, Sun might also be there, unless something just came up. This would also be an interesting meet-up. Since Fia is there, Sun seems to get all sorts of visitors through her. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:21 pm 
Atlantis Expedition Deputy CMO

I have two who Sun would conceivably meet at some point.

Claire Te Atua is an emergency surgeon, usually hanging around the infirmary, and is basically the most senior civilian member of the infirmary staff, answering only to Fraiser in the infirmary itself. As well as surgery, Claire also mucks in with general doctoring, so doing the pre-and post-mission checkups, vaccinations and the like. Chances are they would have met at some point in Claire's year or so at the SGC. Claire is forthright and straight talking, preferring honesty over tact, and she's not afraid to give it to someone with both barrels if needed. On the flipside, she's generally easy going and laid back - a typical Kiwi. Unless you piss her off... ;) How is Sun with doctors? :P

Ruth Tolliver is a linguist of 18 months' standing at the SGC, and is a genuine ployglot, able to deconstruct a language and figure it out in a relatively short time. She also learns new languages in no time at all. She's rarely offworld, and holes up in her lab working on translating artefacts brought back, and the like. Ruth is a sweetie - very perky and friendly, and would much rather be someone's friend than an enemy. Still, her perkiness can get on peoples' nerves, and Sun strikes me as one of those people who wouldn't appreciate Ruth's attitude!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:37 pm 
US Air Force

Claire sounds like the type Sun could be friends with and also clash on other occasions. Sun and doctors can be a bit tricky. She is of the "no no, I'm fine, leave me alone" type. Since she also grew up around Chinese herbology and TCM, her faith in modern medicine, and especially pain medication, can be lacking. As her husband (trained as a field medic among other things) can confirm, she sometimes needs a few firm words from physicians. She is also marked from her time in captivity, but I doubt Claire would be the squeamish type in her line of work, right? ;) Sooner or later, Sun will want to run into her at the infirmary or elsewhere.

Ruth would absolutely tick Sun off. But she would not think too much of it. Perhaps she'd put on her scary callous expression and give her a deadpan piece of her mind. On the other hand, she would love a chance to talk a little Chinese with someone who is also fluent. Ruth might also find Liam an interesting object to study. He talks Chinese to mommy, French to daddy and English otherwise. Nobody is quite sure where he even learned it. ;) And if Ruth will one day want a second opinion on an artifact written in some weird ancient Chinese dialect, she is free to come by Sun's office. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:01 am 
US Air Force

Well Fia we have already sorted. :)

Tahirah, I'm not so sure they would want to be in the same room for too long. Tahirah has little patience for people who are mean for the sake of their own amusement. *long philosophical explanation cut* Lets just say she is charged with maintaining the fragile balance of the universe and harmful actions taken intentionally upset that balance. Not to say Sun is mean, but she does come off that way.

Navia would find Sun infinitely useful. Ah well...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:01 am 
US Air Force

So we do. ;)

And I'd say Sun is mean when others expect her to be, though not really for her enjoyment, but to get the job done. Otherwise she can be nice, if sometimes a little morose. I do see what you mean though.
Sun, however, says she would welcome a chance to spar with Tahirah at the gym. Chances are, she will regret that wish and have her ass handed to her for a change... Tahirah strikes me as a worthy opponent that could teach her some manners. What say you?

*Sun looks at Navia, raises a brow and goes back to her tea* We'll see what happens, should she set foot into the Milky Way one day... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:03 pm 
Australian Defence Force

Should really get back into this plotter stuff. Anyway.

Only got the one character, Jessica Nguyen. Flight Officer in the RAAF, JTAC, Masters in Biology, Smart Arse Bitch and seemingly the current black sheep of the SGC. Bit of a loner, doesn't generally like talking to people she isn't familiar with, very much into the whole "deeds not words" aspect of soldiering and such. Mostly found in the labs for her day to day, helping out the Doctorate grads the SGC picked up do their thing and backing up their research with precisely executed experiments (which she might just be a little too banal about). She basically lives and breathes her work. Possibly eats it too, but that might not be advisable. Other than that, she's also an SG Team member, so despite her relatively short tenure here she will be going offworld sooner rather than later.

I see the good Major has a reputation amongst junior officers. Good. I do love a challenge. I suspect both might find some kinship in the whole 'race traitor' kind of thing that non or half Asian people in Asian families seem to be a bit of a target for from older generations. Seen it done in real life. Not pretty at all.

Whadayya think?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:18 pm 
US Air Force

Hey! Sounds good to me. We could definitely start something with our two, though it might be a bit slow-going at the moment, because I have a few upcoming exams here. ;)

"Black sheep" and "deeds not words" sound familiar. Sun can be pretty to the point with her work and opinions as well. And, usually, she takes it just as seriously but sometimes it also annoys her (heck, who has ever liked pushing around pointless papers?!?).

I'd expect her wanting to become "best frenemies" with Jessica or something down these lines. ;)

And yeah, this kind of attitude is nasty. I've seen it done in a few Turkish families as well. Not good... So Sun has had it a bit tough with the Taiwanese grandparents. They never quite understood how their children didn't adopt someone of "their kind". The other kids at school found it weird, too, and made her feel what they thought of it. Long story short: She understands what that is like.

Would you like to start something or shall we PM a little first? :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:32 am 
Australian Defence Force

I think the best course of action would be to iron out some details first before hopping into yet more threads, so PMing a few ideas back and forth might be for the best.