All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:38 am 
US Army

Serving with the S.G.C for little over a year, Meredith, known and addressed as Blake by almost all who know her, has seen enough to have learnt how to keep her head above water and her ass out of pine.

Prior to joining she's worked her way around the country and the world. Attached to nearly a dozen units in her serving time, she has rendered aid in the most inhospitable places you could dream of. She'll go where she's sent, and aims to ensure those she is travelling with bring back a minimal amount of souvenirs.
The only child [and a daughter at that] of a military career lifer, she tries not to let people make the connection between her and her Daddy, unless its unlikely to influence their opinion of her.

Friends: Friend to any and all who make the effort, she is personable, and fiercely loyal to the end. Preferring to hang with the guys than the girls [The result of a whole lot of gender imbalance] she's often viewed as one of the lads. That being said, she's not one to shun a girlfriend, after all its nice to occassionaly be viewed as female.

Lovers: Meredith is single and out there. That being said she isn't agressive about it, preferring to be wooed then do the wooing. Not one for casual encounters, she would prefer a relationship to a fling.

Enemies: Sometimes you just seem to rub people the wrong way. Having been with a whole lot of people, under a whole lot of circumstance, she's pissed a person or two off. She's been known to wade into a fight involving friends of hers, and thrown a punch or two whilst in the fray. She knows a person or two that think she's only gotten where she is because Daddy made a call. That's their assumption and not her problem, unless they want to come tell her to her face.

Where will you find her?
If she's not out on duty then she could be anywhere.
She runs a 3 mile circuit daily, and rarely lets things get in the way of her routine. Happiest among people, she can be found playing poker, having a beer, or simply chewing the fat over coffee.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:17 am 
US Marines

Taft hates hospitals (and doctors who are on the clock) so he's more likely to report his injuries or illnesses to the combat medic than he is to tell anybody in the medbay. He's also a career soldier who long ago forgot what it was like to be a civilian so he might even remind her a bit of her dad, as he's strict in his adherence to military lifestyle. He also outranks her so she is more than likely to recognize him on sight. Don't call him sir (he isn't an officer) and he's very likely to have a very polite though reserved relationship with your girl, considering her the closest thing he has to a peer outside other Sergeant Majors and the Colonel.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:34 pm 
Beta Site CMO

So this could get interesting. Claire is an outstanding emergency surgeon in particular, and a great doctor in general, and really prides herself on her work, her professionalism, and her ability to just get the job done. While she will doubtless be on missions regularly, she's certainly not a staple team member, and is likely to be akin to Janet Fraiser in function, just without the USAF rank. Given that Claire is technically likely to be one of the more senior figures in the med bay, how would Meredith react to that?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:56 pm 

I see Sofia and Meredith more enemies, seeing that Sofia is a person that rather likes direct performance then big mouths. She is also a person that is close to her duty and pride, so for someone that got in by a daddy call does not get high rank in Sofia friend list :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:28 pm 
US Army

Seeing as how Joey is both on her team and just as likely to enjoy getting out to socialize and have a beer, I could actually see the two of them getting along pretty well both on and off-duty. How does Meredith feel about officers, though? Joey's a lot less military-esque than, say, d'Uafi or Taft, but she does still walk around with those captain's bars.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:49 pm 
US Army

Well hello there *salutes*

Mere doesnt have an issue with officers, provided that the Officer doesnt view themselves as better than the Enlisted folk. After all, she is born and bred military and knows just how hard it is it work up to where she is.

I can see these two getting along quite well as well actually. Mere lives on base but if she can get out into town she will. She can often be found with a group of the guys down the local watering hole, having some beers and generally making the most out of what little RnR there is to be got sometimes.

I like the idea of them grabbing a beer, either as a "hey, we survived the mission" or just as a "Oh hey, I know you can I join you" kind of way - Play it right and Joey could earn a reg spot at some of the Poker games Mere and the boys like to run :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:54 pm 
US Army

Meredith_Blake wrote:
Well hello there *salutes*

Mere doesnt have an issue with officers, provided that the Officer doesnt view themselves as better than the Enlisted folk. After all, she is born and bred military and knows just how hard it is it work up to where she is.

I can see these two getting along quite well as well actually. Mere lives on base but if she can get out into town she will. She can often be found with a group of the guys down the local watering hole, having some beers and generally making the most out of what little RnR there is to be got sometimes.

I like the idea of them grabbing a beer, either as a "hey, we survived the mission" or just as a "Oh hey, I know you can I join you" kind of way - Play it right and Joey could earn a reg spot at some of the Poker games Mere and the boys like to run :)

Joey doesn't see herself as any better than an enlisted trooper (much smarter as a doctorate, yes, but that has nothing to do with rank, and smarter =/= better), so that wouldn't be an issue. And I totally love the idea of them grabbing a we-got-shot-through-a-wormhole-and-back-and-we're-just-fine round of drinks off-base. Totally needs to happen post-mission. Totally.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:58 am 

Heyyyyy...

Jackson would respond well to a personable and friendly person in the military! Obviously, he's the work-a-holic geek type, so getting social time out of him might be rare and precious. Nevertheless, he would have friends, yes he would! (That is, other than his own team.)

I think they could be acquaintances, though it's up to you if you want to say more than that. Up to recently he was married and focused only on getting his wife back, and now he's widowed. Doesn't show it, but hasn't really moved on yet.

Enemies? Nahhh, why? He wouldn't antagonize someone who could beat him up in three seconds flat... Someone that isn't Jack, that is. Besides, he probably doesn't know her well enough to risk antagonistic behavior yet.