All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:41 am 
US Army

Wade is a young man who has been pretty lucky several times in his life, but mostly tries to focus on hard work. An academic and a soldier, he's a former graduate of Baylor University with an Anthropology major and linguistics minor, having a master's degree in it all and having served in the US Army at Fort Hood for two years before a few lucky suppositions within research papers he wrote while working on his doctorate, brought him to the attention of the SGC.

Friends

These are the things which he'd probably like the most, but while he can be empathetic and friendly towards people, he is very guarded when it comes to his own emotions or thoughts he holds 'dear', as well as his fears. So he isn't exactly easy to make friends with given he doesn't actually make 'bonds' quickly. Casual acquaintances? Yes. Friends, less so. But those he does make friends with, he's likely to hold all the more dear as a result.

Enemies

He's a plucky young officer who is interested mostly in very 'geeky' things like anthropology and ancient languages/lifestyles, but whom is also prone to stick his head out when he thinks something is 'wrong' when it comes to someone being unjustly treated. So he has plenty of ways to irk some people of course.

Lovers

He's certainly interested in the opposite sex, but given his lack of showing his emotions often, and his fear of being 'hurt', he hasn't actually been in any serious relationships so far, just mostly flirtations and the like. This doesn't mean it's an impossibility, but he isn't exactly outgoing, and he would have to grow attached to someone before he'd even try to chase them that way, typicaly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:24 pm 
Royal Navy

So there is two characters I can throw at you. :)

Caleb - Is pretty much a very likable guy, he makes friends with most folks on base. Am not sure how much of their paths would cross considering Caleb is more found in the tech labs/engineering side of things that anywhere else. I don't think these two would be enemies (Caleb's eneimies are pretty much anyone who is trying to kill him, so don't try to kill him and he'll be your friend).

Elvria/Parnell - Is Tok'ra and well if you're interested in ancient languages/lifestyle these guys would probably get along. Elvria is quick to trust but doesn't really show her emotions. Parnell is not one to trust easily and anyone new he hasn't met before is definitly high on that list of non-trusting folks he has.

Am open to plotting with either of these characters, just let me know what ya think? :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:17 pm 
Free Jaffa

So. Out of all the characters I have, I think the most interesting conversations would be between Wade and Tahirah. I can see them having discussions about her homeworld, which until recently would have been and interesting study on where the egyptian dynasties could have gone had they not fallen to the romans. I can also see her trying to bring him out of his shell. Her personality being so directly opposite his, yet not in a confrontational manner. I know she has a reputation, but I see her being more interested in a friendship. The question, how would they strike up a conversation at first?

Should he and Fia end up in the some spot, I am sure they could be friends. Fia is friends with most everyone.

Should he and Navia end up on the same spot.... he is really lost. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:23 am 
US Army

Okay, here goes.

Caleb/Wade: I'm just pulling things out of my behind, but they could meet possibly if Wade was looking for someone to help him figure out the mechanics of something like building a crossbow that more or less could masquerade as a rennassaince one, or some other kind of thing like that. Plenty of reasons to pick the brain of someone with a technical mind for that. Other than that, there's always the mess, given I'm not sure if Wade would be eating in the Officer's mess or not given he's a low ranking officer and all.

I doubt Caleb has interests in ancient british isles history or they might be able to bond over that given the inclinations Wade has and his anthropology degree, as well as the very nature of the papers that got him into the SGC. But yes, I could see the two of them ending up with at minimum a good working relationship, if not a friendship, though it'd be awkward at first.

Elvria+Parnell/Wade: They're similar in several ways, but Wade might thing at first that she's joking if she revealed the Parnell side of her or the whole 'goa'uld' thing, given he is still not sure this isn't an elaborate prank, and probably won't be sure it isn't for a week or two. Other than that, they probably stand to at least have a guarded working relationship, I can't see them being antagonistic to each other but Parnell might not trust Wade at first and Wade might not immediately understand the Goa'uld/Tok'ra split, until he well does, in which case he's going to go 'oh it's like different ideologies or religions or nationalities', and will probably be a little guarded in any conversations too to not feel 'stupid'.

But after that they surely can strike up a friendship, especially if Elvria is interested in learning about ancient tau'ri cultures, or sharing knowledge about the Tok'ra and Goa'uld. Just remarking that there's a system lord named Morrigan is likely to make him freak out about his theories being at least a LITTLE correct, assuming Elvria even knows if there is one named that.

Tahirah/Wade: I think either over a matter of PT or her seeing Wade trying to practice some archaic tau'ri martial art, or in the mess, at least initially. Wade would definitely be interested in learning about her world, both from the 'way it reflects pharaoh-ic Egypt' and from a genuine standpoint, given he is an anthropologist with interest in more than just the ancient world. I don't think her reputation would necessarily bother him because I'm not sure he would even have heard of it, honestly, though depending on how well they strike up their friendship I could almost see a boyish crush developing towards her from him.

Fia/Wade: She's a superior officer with a different specialty and from a different branch, and mostly more active than he likely is. However, in my head despite being born no where near the shore, he's a person who likes swimming as a 'back to roots cultural exercise' and relaxation/exercise method. They could easily become friends, though any real interaction with them that would cause friendship would probably first come from working together offworld on a mission.

Navia/Wade: It's okay, if he's lost she can give him directions if he took a wrong turn at Albuquerque and is in the Pegusus Galaxy. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:35 am 
Royal Navy

Caleb/Wade - So Caleb would be quite happy to figure out mechanics for a crossbow for you, he was (once upon a time before joining the Navy) a mechanic so fixing things, making them work it all runs in his blood. Am sure Caleb would get a kick out of trying to make something like that, especially if Wade had designs for it to be a certain way. Am sure at some point they would have crossed paths in the Mess, Caleb is pretty relaxed on ranking wise, he still gives respect where it's due, although doubt you'd find him in officers mess to be honest.

Am afraid he doesn't have much knowledge on the British Isles history, but hey he knows some British Naval history if you ever need it. It would have been taught to Caleb as he was going through basic training. Caleb can deal with awkward, actually like I said so long as Wade doesn't plan to go and shoot him (on purpose, if they make a cross bow and it accidentally goes off he won't hold it against him) he classes most people in the Friend catergory.

Elvria/Parnell/Wade - So Elvria would be okay with Wade thinking that the Tok'ra/Goa'uld are the same, she would be use to the Tau'ri - especially new people - thinking along them lines so it would not bother her that much. Parnell would probably be very much against Wade thinking they are the same and would probably be quite happy in telling you so. But they are both quite happy to share asmuch information as they would think you needed to know at the time.

There is already a thread between Fia and Elvria (first meeting kind of thing), if Fia doesn't mind you can either have Wade join us or just Elvria and Wade can do a first meeting kind of thread if you want? :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:02 am 
US Air Force

Fia does not mind at all. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:35 am 
US Army

Caleb/Wade: Yeah, well that sounds like a good initial meeting reason, to be honest. The cross bow building, which I can come up with a better idea than 'for fun', I'm sure, at least in time, especially given the number of races SG have discovered that use crossbows at least.

Elvria/Parnell: Yeah, I can see some interesting interactions from them, especially if Parnell gets particularly angry with Wade, I can already see him giving his blank stare argumentative expression and all. That said, meeting with Fia works well enough for me, though I need to figure out why Wade would be butting into their little 'study group' given his linguistic knowledge isn't latin based.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:57 am 
Thor

So I have two to toss at you.

Possibly of most interest will be Ruth Tolliver, my civilian linguist. From Baltimore, she's fluent in Idon'tknowhowmanyearthlanguages (courtesy of a major in the Classics and lots of self study), as well as having an excellent understanding of Ancient and various dialects of Go'auld. She's perky, which some people find annoying, and likes to see the best in everyone. Ruth would much rather have you as a friend than an enemy, although the feeling isn't always mutual! She's a geek, but does have a bit of a life outside the base, regularly going out to O'Malley's with her colleagues.

The other one I have for you is Claire Te Atua, the senior civilian medic on base. An emergency surgeon by specialty, Claire mucks in where needed in the infirmary, including performing pre- and post-mission checkups, and medicals for newcomers. Even though he's only been there a short time, they may have already crossed paths. Claire is a straight talker, with a dry, laconic sense of humour, and isn't afraid to call a spade a spade. Despite having an apartment off base, she probably spends far more time on base than off it, so is likely to be found in any number of places around the base.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:03 am 
Royal Navy

Well considering that the thread with Elvria and Fia started out that way and has no taking a left turn somewhere, they are currently discussing peoples training, you could always have Wade overhear and make a comment. Drop him in that way.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:22 am 
US Air Force

Seriously, Fia will talk to anyone. She loves getting to know people, so a stranger just walking in wouldn't phase her at all.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next