All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Two for one.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:17 pm 
Tok'ra

Friends
Elvria would say that she can make friends easily, but some people are often put off by Parnell who is stubborn when it comes to trusting new people. Elvria is hard working and would probably get along more with the scientists of Earth than the military. Parnell doesn't trust most people, he can be short with them, but when you have gained his trust/friendship it's not something that'll go away easily.

Enemies
The Goa'uld, and anyone that agrees with what they are doing. Elvria and Parnell in agreement with this and don't tend to waiver much from it.

Lovers.
Nope, Elvria is not interested in taking romantic partners no matter how much silly Earth films she sees, Parnell is not interested either. They would both sooner be fighting off a mothership of Goa'uld than being sappy with someone.

Post subject: Re: Two for one.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:21 am 
Thor

You know my three...

I think Claire and Elvira could be an interesting combination. Claire's a top notch surgeon, after all, and would be more than willing to work on how to remove the Goa'uld from the host. With regards to dealing with Parnell... he'd probably get a taste of Kiwi snark from time to time.

Ruth's my linguist, so not sure there'd be too much crossover there, but you never know.

And Carson... well, there's a limited shelf life on any interaction there, as he's definitely off to Atlantis.

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:49 am 
Tok'ra

I think there could be a little crossover between Elvria and Ruth, or rather maybe more Parnell than Elvria, there has to be some goa'uld language left that might need a little help right? :P

With Carson if there is no future posts (Elvria/Parnell staying firmly in the SGC) then maybe some past posts, if that makes sense.

Am sure Parnell would immensly enjoy the kiwi snark from time to time, of course he might get you're using snark but not understand why. Elvria would probably get along better with Claire, but isn't there limited intereaction with them as well? If Claire is going to Atlantis? But I'd love to see any combination of these together.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:03 pm 
Thor

You have a fair point, there's a chance for Ruth to have plots with Elvria/Parnell. Might be worth having a look at that.

Carson won't have been around much prior to current game dates, as he's been mainly in the Antarctic base, so it's not likely they'll have seen one another.

Claire... she's not decided whether to go to Atlantis yet. In game, that'll be happening in mid November or so, so there's still plenty of time. Could be fun. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:16 pm 
Tok'ra

Ah yeah forgot the whole Carson was in Antartica before the SGC. Maybe there is a small smidgen of them crossing paths as he becomes more at the SGC as folks prepare to leave.

Ruth and Parnell would make an interesting thread, can Ruth speak Goa'uld? Maybe instead of needing help translating, it's in the saying of something Parnell gonna be able to help with that most definitly. Maybe hears her saying something and he tells her that's something completely different to what she meant.

Elvria, Claire and Parnell (he not going to let Elvria have a say on symbiote extraction without him) would be interesting. Elvria would definitly be interested in knowing how Claire would go about extracting a Symbiote and maybe combine their knowledge somehow.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:35 pm 
US Air Force

Fia would be fascinated by the idea that two separate entities can occupy the same body with equal control. She would love to have conversations to delve into that, however she would have to get over 'she is an alien' first. Fia is still very very new at this and hasn't met any offworlders yet.

Navia would be fascinated too, but you'll not be meeting her.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:42 pm 
Tok'ra

That a shame about Navia, could be interesting having a Genii/tok'ra conversation. ;) lol.

I can see Elvria not being too bothered by Fia's newness at the SGC, but Parnell just might have something to say about it he doesn't trust easily. Am pretty open to having a thread going between the two if you want?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:20 pm 
Loki

Taft likes shooting at Goa'uld! Bonding moments! He's not fond of parasites, though, so he'd be more prone to talking to the host than old glowing eyes. Not sure what the Tokra would want with a born again marine though. Unless they have a warrior line or something. And that would be an uphill in ice skates kind of conversation.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:55 am 
Tok'ra

Well I definitly can't really see either Elvria/Parnell solicizing with Taft outside of a mission to be honest. I think Parnell would probably not like Taft, especially if Taft doesn't like "parasites" so to speak. Maybe a kind of disliked/grudging respect kind of thing between the two, especially if they don't cross paths that much.

Elvria is more like the civillians at the SGC, so again I can't see them having crossed paths that often. Although she would probably get along better with Taft than Parnell.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:27 pm 
US Air Force

Is there a Library? Thats the only place I can imagine they would both be. Fia would nedd to find the Ancient Primer and Latin Dictionary she is toting around in the Violation thread. If not she can poke her head into the linguistics lab.