All times are UTC

Post subject: Caleb Plotter Thread.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:08 pm 
Royal Navy

Friends: Caleb can makes friends quite easily and quickly, he is just a likeable guy. He is a little bit laid back with friends and can always be found sharing a drink with anyone and is always happy to be the one buying the first or last round.

Lovers: Caleb likes to think himself as a bit of a flirt at times, nothing untoward or unprofessional, it's always kept civil and in good natured. He has had relationships but they didn't really last due to always being away at sea for months at a time.

Enemies: Don't cross Caleb, he makes friends easier than enemies, is always trying to see the good in people if he gets betrayed he is not likely to forget or forgive them anytime soon.

Where will you find him? Either in the armoury looking over any of the advanced technological weapons, around mechanical side of things (he is an engineer after all) or the Mess Hall. He'll always be around somewhere, except where he's not allowed obviously.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:17 pm 
Thor

So I have 3 to toss at you.

Claire Te Atua
Claire is a civilian surgeon who's been at the SGC for just over a year, and they will no doubt have crossed paths in post-mission check-ups and the like. Claire is a straight-talking Kiwi, and has a dry, sarcastic wit, which you either understand or don't (a Brit would, at least, likely "get" her humour). She might flirt back, if he flirted first, but isn't in the market for a relationship, seeing as she came out of a bad one not long before leaving New Zealand. I don't see them as enemies, so... more like acquaintances or possibly some form of friendship?

Ruth Tolliver
Ruth is a Baltimore native, a linguist, and one of the most optimistic people you could ever wish to meet. That optimism comes across as bubbliness and perkiness, and may be annoying to some people. She's a semi-regular offworld, and her knowledge of alien languages is almost up there with that of Daniel Jackson, although she'd never admit it. She's a bit of a tomboy, and, while she's not the type to get off her face drunk with the guys, she's certainly been on a few nights out with them, and kicked their asses at pool at O'Malley's! While she is capable of flirting, it's a rare thing, so... ball's in your court on this one.

Carson Beckett
Given that Carson's spent most of his time in Antarctica, it's unlikely they would have met. He's on the base now, however, given the close proximity of the mission setting off to the Lost City, so maybe a "first meeting" kinda thread?

Let me know if any of these spark your interest.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:57 pm 
Loki

I don't know how Taft would fit into this.... not lovers. Sgt Major, Marine Corp, nominal human being. He's probably the face of the militaristic thinkers in the SGC, so you could think of him as sort of a soft villain I guess? I don't know, he's a bit gung ho, loves his job, and lives by the military code of conduct and uniform rules. He's the perfect guy to have in a fight, even better when getting ready for one, but he also tends to be the scary guy in the background when you're trying to assure the scared indigenous folks you're not there to hurt them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:50 pm 
Royal Navy

Claire Te Atua
I can kind of imagine them having met through a post-mission check-up. I can also see them having a really good flirty-friendship, don't think it would go to lovers to be honest not if she's just gotten out of a relationship. But definitly a good natured, flirty-friendship if you want? I could see that happening.

Ruth Tolliver
Erm...yeah I can see them being acquantiances, maybe through a group outing (someone always knows someone that someone else doesn't right. :P ) so I could see him knowing of her. But not really friends, or at least not close friends, there paths I don't think would cross that much either, unless they got saddled on a mission together. Also I could see maybe his flirting irritating her? Maybe? Maybe have like a tense friendship, one of them people you can only really stand being around a few hours at a time.

Carson Beckett
First meeting thread sounds interesting to me, erm...forgive me if am wrong (it's been a long time since I watched any SG/Atlantis) wasn't it Beckett who discovered the gene/made it transferrable to a non-gene holder? So if Beckett is around or only just appearing on scene wouldn't he be given the task of testing that. Or if you want, something breaks and Caleb comes to fix it for them and thats how they meet. Caleb might accidentally touch something he probably shouldn't do in the course of this and it gets all light up etc. Or something completely different am game for any kind of first meet thread. :)

Taft
Lol, yeah maybe not lovers. Am not sure how they'd get along to be honest, I think Caleb wouldn't really be willing to cross him or push him. Caleb knows when to push and when to back off so I don't think they'd have too many explosions, reckon their personalities would clash at all? Caleb is more relaxed than Taft (although from the threads I read I think that goes for everyone, lol). I don't know, am up for most things to be honest, what do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:52 pm 
Thor

Caleb Williams wrote:
Claire Te Atua
I can kind of imagine them having met through a post-mission check-up. I can also see them having a really good flirty-friendship, don't think it would go to lovers to be honest not if she's just gotten out of a relationship. But definitly a good natured, flirty-friendship if you want? I could see that happening.

Sure, I can go with that. Claire's been out of the relationship in question for over a year, but still isn't looking, but occasional flirting? I'm sure she can manage that.

Caleb Williams wrote:
Ruth Tolliver
Erm...yeah I can see them being acquantiances, maybe through a group outing (someone always knows someone that someone else doesn't right. :P ) so I could see him knowing of her. But not really friends, or at least not close friends, there paths I don't think would cross that much either, unless they got saddled on a mission together. Also I could see maybe his flirting irritating her? Maybe? Maybe have like a tense friendship, one of them people you can only really stand being around a few hours at a time.

Sounds good to me. Don't think his flirting would irritate her, but she certainly wouldn't respond unless she was actually interested, or if their friendship developed to the point where it would be "safe" flirting.

Caleb Williams wrote:
Carson Beckett
First meeting thread sounds interesting to me, erm...forgive me if am wrong (it's been a long time since I watched any SG/Atlantis) wasn't it Beckett who discovered the gene/made it transferrable to a non-gene holder? So if Beckett is around or only just appearing on scene wouldn't he be given the task of testing that. Or if you want, something breaks and Caleb comes to fix it for them and thats how they meet. Caleb might accidentally touch something he probably shouldn't do in the course of this and it gets all light up etc. Or something completely different am game for any kind of first meet thread. :)

Yup, Carson would be going around testing all and sundry for the Ancient gene, soooo... that's a possibility.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:59 pm 
Royal Navy

Anni wrote:

Caleb Williams wrote:
Ruth Tolliver

Sounds good to me. Don't think his flirting would irritate her, but she certainly wouldn't respond unless she was actually interested, or if their friendship developed to the point where it would be "safe" flirting.

Don't think their friendship would be developed that much to be honest, it could take work for these two to get to that part. But am open to trying anything, even if they don't get along at first. :)

Feel free to start any posts with me tagged in. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:41 pm 
US Army

Hi Caleb,

Mere: Very easy to make friends with. If you like a drink, good food or cards, then you can bet the two of you will get along. As long as your not trying to steal any of the above, or cheat her out of her money.
She doesnt really anger quickly, but once annoyed can be stubborn enough to hold a grudge for a while - and she isnt the best person to piss off when you need her to patch your ass in a fire fight.
She gives as good as she gets in terms of the general joshing about - Whether thats mocking, banter or flirting, Mere doesnt like to be treated any different because she's a girl. Flirt away - She'll flirt back - Just dont expect it to lead anywhere. She doesnt tend to get involved with collegues - things get messy - but lines can be blurred and rules broken.

Sophie -Quiet and often focussed solely at the task at hand, Sophie is quite personable once you get her engaged in conversation. She tends to lurk around the labs and in her office a lot, venturing out to go to the mess hall and then home. She doesnt tend to visit the local bar much, but that isnt out of avoidance, its more that she doesnt really know anyone there.
She does have a temper and I guess I can see the potential for misunderstandings if he says something a little borderline and she takes it the wrong way. If she realises a mistake she will apologise - but can be a stubborn ass before she admits she was wrong.
I dont immediately see her engaging in romance owing to a recent heartbreak over the death of her husband, but she isnt closed to the possbility - if it is someone who can help her heal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:38 am 
Royal Navy

Hi Meredith, :)

I can definitly see Caleb and Mere playing a couple hands of cards, although I couldn't say whether Caleb is any good at cards or not, he thinks he's got a good poker face at times but well that's not what people have told him. As for the blurred lines/rules broken, Caleb is a natural flirt he has smiled and charmed his way into the odd bed at times. I just don't know if he'd break the rules with someone on base, I mean yeah sure it would be easier at least he wouldn't then go be stuck on a submarine for months on end but am not sure how it would work. If you wanna hash out that kind of route, I am all ears just let me know. Am all for throwing Caleb in situations. I can see them being friends, definitly. Caleb is all happy smiles when on downtime, although don't mistake that for not doing his job. :)

Caleb and Sophie now that could be interesting, especially if they cross paths she misunderstands his flirting/him saying something takes it the wrong way, but Caleb doesn't think he did anything wrong. He doesn't anger easily (has very few enemies unless you're trying to kill him) but he can be a bit stubborn especially if he doesn't think he's done something wrong and it confuses him as to why that person is now not speaking to him or has had a go at him. :P I don't think Caleb would be the person to help her heal to be honest, so I don't think there would be much romantic entanglement there. I think there paths would cross more often than not though, he's an engineer so would probably be here there and everywhere a bit.