All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:49 pm 
Genii

Thanks, Anni!

I figure the Genii are fairly advanced medically (especially in trauma medicine). They probably have some top men (top men!) who could pull it off, if Ronon is interested. The main difficulty is he can't stay still very long, and Wraith can show up at any moment. That and whether he'd go for having a complete stranger walk around behind him and stick a knife in his neck. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:54 pm 
Thor

It would be worth looking at canon for hints of this. Medically, and apparently in all tech, they are 50-60 years behind earth. I don't recall seeing anything in canon that would indicate they had the ability to remove the tracking device, especially seeing as it was relatively complex surgery for Carson.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:52 pm 
Loki

How about a real live Wraith?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:55 pm 
Genii

It was complex surgery for Carson, true, but it was also surgery he had to do in the field, unassisted, with only the equipment he could carry with him, and on an unanesthetized patient (who was holding a gun on a friend of his). It’s also worth noting that we’ve been doing neurosurgery for something like 120 years, marking from the first time a tumor was successfully removed from a spinal cord, so even a 50-60 year lag doesn’t necessarily put it beyond Genii medical expertise.

Canonically, all I remember seeing of their medicine is they don’t know how to treat something they’ve never seen before (radiation poisoning), and which Carson had to pull out ‘experimental protocols’ to deal with. And, Ladon went from wherever-they-were to gene therapy in under two years (if we go with a season equaling a year). Which could be Ladon being really, really smart, but it took us 20 years from idea to basic execution on that, and another 10+ to really get it working.

I’m fine with whatever works best plot-wise, I’m just saying a serious case can be made that the Genii are really not all that primitive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:06 pm 
Genii

So it is looking like one mission as a trade, perhaps, where we set up another mission for removal of the tracker. That will give Ladon (read Navia) time to put together an operating theater and get the co-ordinates to Ronan.

Warlord are you suggest Todd knows how to perform major surgery? :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:19 pm 
Loki

It's unlikely they will get to, but it will be fun to try.